Yo.
Chatbox

Backup Cbox

This is a pain in the neck

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is a pain in the neck

Post by adornoea on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:23 am

((READER WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS ROLE-PLAY STORY HAS MULTIPLE ADULT THEMES, THEREFORE IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE DO NOT READ. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.))

~March 1817, somewhere in Georgia:

It was a cold, dewy morning, the sun had just barely began to rise. Abraham Whitley, a handsome boy of only two and ten years had awaken many hours before the sun along with his father and older brother. Much was a custom for the Whitley men to wake early and start preparing their fields for spring crops. Abraham was rather tired from chopping and hauling wood during the long winter months from the forest to the small, two bedroom cabin he shared with his mother, younger sisters, his elder brother and father. Nonetheless, he awoke as he was meant to, and went around tending to the chickens and pigs and the one cow their family could afford. He then went and assisted his brother and father as they prepared the fields for the spring season.
With a ho in tow, he made his way along the ground, sifting through the frozen ground. The work was often times repetitive and not even thirty minutes in, Abraham found himself growing bored. He let his eyes wonder, gazing at the colors of the sky as the sun rose slowly above him. He had been so fixated on the rising sun, that when a blood curdling scream cut through the serenity, the young boy felt his stomach drop. Abraham looked in the general direction of where the scream had come from, and instantly fear seeped through his pores; it had come from his house. Before he even knew what he was doing, Abraham was halfway to his house, his sore legs carrying him faster than he could process. He soon stood in the doorway of the small cabin, his body in total shock. Before him laid his mother, along with his sisters, bloody and dead. His eyes watered, what was happening? He searched around for his father and brother, they were no were to be found. Suddenly, he heard another scream, this one coming from the woods where his brother had been working. Again before he knew what he was doing, Abraham was running, as fast as he could. He had no idea what he would do when he got to where his brother was, the only thing that drove him now was adrenaline and fear. His brother continued to scream, and as Abraham ran through the woods, it was as if it was coming from all directions. He slowed down, the growing feeling that he was being followed sent him into a panic. It was as if he could feel someone breathing down his back, he turned quickly yet no one was behind him. He breathed heavily and turned back towards the direction he assumed his brother was only to be met with a devilish looking woman. She was extremely tall, with skin as fair as any, and piercing, dark gray eyes. Abraham allowed a yelp from his lips and scrambled backwards, falling on his back side. He struggled to get up, only tripping again, this time face first in the dirt. The tall woman crept slowly towards him, her eyes growing wide with lust. With every step she took, her long, dark hair swayed, she wore close to nothing and the closer she got to Abraham, the more he could see her body, stained with blood. His family's blood. The woman grinned, revealing her large, sharp fangs. Abraham was frozen with shock. The woman crawled on top of him, leaning down into his face and pressing her mouth against his. At first he tried to struggle, and she laughed, allowing him to wreath under her immense strength.
"You poor, poor boy."
She laughed again and punched him in the face, sending Abraham's head reeling and his vision blurry. He tasted blood in his mouth, and swallowed hard. He begged with the woman, pleading for his life.
She only laughed and pressed her lips against his again, spitting the vile words "you're mine now" into his mouth.
Within the next few moments, Abraham found himself forced into a lot of things he never thought would happen until after he been we'd at a proper age. He cried and shouted for his mother, for his father, for whatever God was looking down on him to end the pain he was suffering.
The woman was done with him faster than she liked and hissed with her fangs. She smiled as an idea lite her mind and then chomped down on Abraham's collar with a force so forceful, it left Abraham crying and screeching. He clawed at the ground, his chest burned as he tried to suck in air. He felt his lungs collapse and his heart stop. And then his vision went black and his body limp and cold. The woman stood above him, waiting a moment and then cussing loudly. Believing she had killed her beautiful play thing, she stepped over Abraham and spit at him before turning and running off.
Moments more past before the boy's heart started back up, this time with a new purpose. Abraham opened his gray eyes and looked around, he felt nothing for a moment. He was soon reminded of the pain in his shoulder, only to find that his skin had grown cold and the wound already started to heal. His body was numb as he tried to stand, and as he took a step forward, he felt as if he had been hit head on by a large horse. Memories washed back to him and he was running again, towards his house and his family, only to find there was nothing more but a bloodied mess. Abraham broke down on his knees and cried out, banging his fits on the dirt floor. He cursed the gods, he cursed the creatures who had done this to his family, and he cursed the woman who had taken his purity and turned him into what he feared most, death itself. It was on that day that he swore he would have vengeance, for his mother, his sisters, his brother and father, and for himself. He would stop at nothing, even if it drove him to Hell...

May 1870, somewhere in the northern United States:

It was a rather cold, spring night. Most everyone in the large town just off the coast had already found their way indoors for the night beside the occasional drunkard. Abraham gripped the handle of his sharpened ax as he followed behind an unsuspecting vampire. Abraham gritted his teeth, he had been following this man all night, and though he had kept quite for the most part, he felt as if he would slip up at any moment. Finally though, the man turned into a local bar and brothel, Abraham sighed, bringing things to the public was always complicated. Nonetheless, he had been hunting creatures who had gone astray for over forty years now, and it had become a second nature to him. He tucked his trusty weapon into a pocket he had sewn into his black long coat and followed in after the man. The bar was rather crowded for a Thursday night, but such was typical for a large town. Abraham nodded at the bar tended and walked to a table in the back of the room. Hidden in the shadows, he watched the man he had been following, still unsuspected.

Last edited by adornoea on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:47 am; edited 2 times in total
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a pain in the neck

Post by Kyra on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:49 am

The night air was crisp, the early spring only just warm enough to ward away the frost that threatened the northern town. Even still, Shylo shivered as her breath escaped her in billowing clouds of condensation. She huddled against the skimpy frock she had managed to pull together, trying to keep herself warm as she stared at the bar across the street. Her keen eyes sharpened with each passerby, zeroing in on faces and features with a predatory precision. Where was he...?
For the last four nights, she had tracked the same vampire to this very brothel. And, memorizing his routine of drinking and choices in 'entertainment', had managed to form a steadfast plan. Tonight, he'd die. 
A hiss of excitement escaped her mouth as he finally showed himself, ducking into the bar as easily as he had the last four nights. After a moment or two, Shylo followed, instead taking the server's door as an entrance. Once inside, she found her way to the changing rooms, and located one of the harlet's dresses. 
'Not my style at all, but... it'll have to do,' she muttered to herself, slipping the revealing garmet on. Fixing herself up for her part, the pretty blonde made her way into the lounge, smiling and flouncing just as any of the other girls were doing. Ignoring the lustful eyes turned toward her, she gracefully made her way to the man at the bar. Coming up behind her target, she leaned in to whisper in his ear.
"Well, hellooo~" she cooed, laying her act on thick. "Might I borrow monsieur for a moment~? I can promise it will be worth your time, mon amie~"
A small well of satisfaction made her smirk at his expression. Oh, yes--she had him now. Giggling, Shylo led the vampire up a small flight of stairs and toward an empty room at the end of the hall. Her eyes demanding his attention, she lightly tapped her thigh, making sure her dagger lay hidden there, poised and ready.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:17 am

Abraham narrowed his eyes as the made-up floozy made her way over to his target. He held his breath as the woman somehow got the man to follow him up a flight of stairs to god knows where. Usually vampires weren't ones to venture into the desires of flesh. But, this one was drunk, perhaps that was the acceptation. 

Abraham rose as the couple made their way out of sight, and began in pursuit of them up the stairs. He kept close to the wall, each step carefully placed one after the other. He put his hood on over his head as he made his way up the stairs, keeping to the shadows, his hand readying the axe that lay hooked inside his long-coat. 

That's when he caught scent of the second vampire, making him pause for a moment to weigh his options. Clearly, the two of them were working together, it had to be that. The drunken vampire had taken a liking to slaughtering innocent people when he got this way and perhaps the female vampire helped him. Abe narrowed his eyes, his decision made, and continued following the two down the hall. He watched as they entered the room at the end of the hall, and paused at the closed door. The stench of vampire made his nose cringe. 

Abe reached for the door handle, his other hand grasping the the handle of his axe, bringing it out and holding it below his waist. Killing vampires and other creatures was his specialty, this would prove to be easy enough for him.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Shylo teased and flirted with the man, her act down pack. It was her specialty, after all--she'd learned long ago that a pretty face could be more than enough to lure and capture her prey. Now she lay on the bed, bending her body in a tantilizing array. She flashed her fangs at the other vampire--for the moment almost glad she had them. Vampires weren't known to enjoy human companionship, viewing them as meals rather than lovers--but with so many hunters around, finding another blood-sucker to spend a night with could be hard. Had she not been turned, tonight would have been much harder. 

She smiled at the man as he climbed ontop of her, his hands skimming her sides greedily.

'That's it...' she thought 'just a little closer, you bastard...' Her hand wiggled downward, seemingly toward her victim's nether-regions, to where her dagger lay hidden beneath her dress. 

Her fingers skimmed over the hilt of her blade, ready to strike, when the man suddenly jerked away, eyes narrowed in on the door. 'Damnit!'

".... Did you hear something...?" He asked, eyes narrowed at the closed door.

"It was nothing, mon amie~ perhaps just one of the other girls~" Shylo pouted, trying to get the man's attention again. But her eyes too turned to the door. Was someone watching...?
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Abraham could hear muffled voices coming from the other side of the door. The stench of the two lingering vampires made his nose recoil. He took a deep breath, one hand gripping the handle of his sharpened axe, the other on the handle of the door.

Within moments, Abe had busted through the door, fangs bared, his eyes wide, almost like almonds and as black as some empty void. He hissed at the two vampires on the bed and came barreling towards them, his axe raised above his head. He missed, lodging the axe in the bedpost and giving the male vampire enough time to push the woman off of him and jump to his feet. He wasn't as agile as he would have been if he had not gotten so hammered, but, nonetheless bared his fangs as well and stumbled towards Abe. Abe swung his axe again, this time hitting the drunk vampire in the side. He swung again and got it stuck in his shoulder. 

Abraham cursed and jumped back as the drunkard lunged forward, claws extended, cursing and bloody. Abe readied himself as the vampire crashed into him, swinging punches and gnashing his fangs. He received a few punches to his gut before he was able to dislodge the axe from the drunkard's shoulder and bring it back down on his head. 

There was a moment of silence as the vampire stood, his dirty blood pooling on the floor beneath him. He tried for a few moments to frantically remove the axe from his head before falling face-first on the floor. Abraham walked over to him, placing a boot on his back and removing the axe. 

He brought it above his head again, glaring at the dying vampire, "Its time for you to pay for your sins." he growled as he brought the axe down again. 

Abraham glanced over at the female vampire, for a moment he had forgotten about her, but now as he wrapped the severed head in the sheets of the bed, he hissed softly in her direction. He would have went to kill her next if it had not been for the commotion now going on downstairs. Apparently, the fight that had taken place upstairs between the two vampires had caused a stir, and people were being sent up to find out what was going on. 

Not wanting to be found out, Abe made his way over to the one window in the small room, bed sheets in tow. He turned back towards the female vampire, considered chopping off her head as well, but decided against it, opened the window and flung himself out.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:56 am

Shylo screamed as the axe-weilding man burst into the room--stunned by his sudden appearance more than anything. She found herself huddled in a stunned heap on the bed, eyes wide as she witnessed the bizarre and horrifying fight between the two men. Somewhere during the ordeal, she realized that this man must be a hunter--why else attack a vampire? But she had also seen his fangs... he was a vampire too--just like her.... could he be the one she was looking for?

The girl froze as his cold gaze turned to her, axe raised as if he were about to turn the weapon on her. But raised voices and hurried steps could be heard from downstairs--no doubt they had heard her scream, and the bloody fight. Still dazed, Shylo watched the man escape through the window--and still a moment or so passed before she became aware of her situation. 

"Merde!" she cursed, scrambling off the bed and heading for the open window. Without a second glance, she stepped out, falling as gracefully as a cat to the ground below. She scanned the area for a moment, her training coming back to her, before spotting the man a little ways off. Immediately, she chased after him--though remembered to keep her distance, in case an axe to the face was still an option.

"Wait!" She whispered, loud enough for him to hear, while still trying to be discreet. "Please--I need to speak with you! Slow down!"
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:21 am

Abraham was surprised and a bit annoyed when the woman vampire jumped out the window and started following him.Why could she not leave him alone? He heard her whispers, but only quickened his jog. Though it was close to midnight, the last thing he wanted was to slaughter another vampire and end up being seen. He cursed under his breath, rounded the corner down a dark alleyway and sped his jog to a run. He managed to get around the building fast enough to get behind the woman following him and, dropping the severed head in the process, grabbing her from behind. He covered her mouth with one hand to muffle any noise she would make, and brought her into the shadow of the building with him.

"What do you want with me?" he hissed, tightening his grip, "Do you really want me to kill you that bad, witch?"

He released the vampire, pushing her away from him just long enough for him to grab his axe from its place under his long coat. He lifted it and walked towards her.

"What do you want?" he repeated, taking another step forward.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:33 am

A gasp was all Shylo could muster before the man's hand clamped over her mouth, sending a shock wave of panic down her spine. When had he gotten behind her? She'd lost sight of him for only a few moments... clearly, she had underestimated this hunter. 

She allowed her self to be dragged away, taking in her lost breath when she was released and shoved back. More panic bolted through her as he approached her with his axe, still bloodied from its last victim.

"Wait, please--you don't have to do that," She pleaded, arms out in defense. "I'm not a vampire--I mean, well technically I am now--but before that I was a hunter! Like you! Please, I mean no harm, monsieur, I only ask for your help. I-- er, merde, how do I say this...--I'm looking for another like us, a hunter with fangs. I was told he knew of a cure, or how to find a cure... I'm not sure, my source was vague..." Shylo lowered her hands, her eyes large and pleading for his help. "Please, monsieur--trust me. I'm of no threat to you, or the towns people."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:47 am

Abraham laughed aloud as the female vampire began to speak of things such as a "cure". He lowered his axe and sarcastically wiped a tear from his eye.

"Do you know how long I've been alive?" He asked, "72 years..." he continued to talk, his eyes glaring down at the woman.

"72 years, and of those 72 years, I have been a vampire for 53." He shook his head, she was living in a fantasy world, that must be what it is.

"I don't know who told you, but there is no cure. There never was a cure, and there never will be a cure." He made sure to sound as harsh as possible.

"We sold our souls to the devil the moment we turned..." he paused for a moment, now was not the time to show weakness.

"...whether we like it or not. But go on believing in this cure of yours..." he turned his back, replacing his axe and picking up the severed head.

"You'll be better off to go on believing in some fairy tale cure then for me to slaughter you." He cut his eyes back at the woman before turning and walking off.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:02 am

Anger flared, fiery and fierce in her soul, and she hissed at the man. 

"So you've given up then, is that it?!" She growled. "You say you've lived like this for 53 years... so whats a few more? Is that it? Pathetic. Perhaps your enjoy living this way--always alone, always thirsty. And one day, you'll be hunted too--just like that poor bastard. Is that what you want?" She stepped after him, her emotions getting the better of her. If there was one thing Shylo hated more than anything, it was those who were too close minded or stupid to even try. 

"How do you know theres no such thing if you've never even had the sense to search for yourself?" She hissed, moving to step infront of his now. "Don't you miss it? Being human? But fine--Foutre!--even if you think I'm crazy, at least tell me if you've heard of another like us--have the decency to send the mad woman in the right direction."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:20 am

Abraham balled his fists, and flared his nostrils at the woman as she spat her ridiculousness at him. He raised his chin and rolled his eyes.

"You have no idea, you insolent woman. None!" He took a step forward, "Of course I miss being human, but I was given no choice. Just like I am given no choice now but to remain what I am. And what I do, this 'hunting' you call it, is to protect those who still have a choice, those poor, ignorant humans who have mostly no idea that things like us exist."

"I say there's no cure because I know there's no cure. If there was, there would be no need for me to do what I do. In fact, you and I wouldn't be having this pointless conversation either." 

He flashed his fangs at the woman before stepping around her, " And surely you already know there a multiple docile vampires and other creatures all around us, it won't be too hard to find someone willing to believe in your bull shit cure idea."

Abe shook his head as he began walking away from the female vampire, though he could not help but feel a small ting of pain, this had been the first time in a very long time that he had spoken to anyone who was almost exactly as he was.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Shylo gritted her teeth. It as obvious now that she wasn't going to get anywhere with this guy... still, she couldn't help the small bit of panic that ran down her spine as he stepped away again. He wasn't going to help her... and she thought he was pigheaded, but that was no reason they should leave each other alone, right? She didn't fancy being alone...

For a moment, her mind wandered back to her academy days--where she was still learning the ways of the Elite hunters. It had been tough, yes--definately a step above her kush life as a royal--but the men and woman she had met there had been like family. People gathered together with a specific goal in mind became powerful things. She longed for that companionship again--even if it was with a connard like him.

She turned, the venom absent from her voice now. Her eyes were downcast as she addressed the man, but the pleading in her voice was genuine. 

"At least... tell me how you cope with it--the thirst," Shylo asked, her voice finally betraying her unease and overall ignorance of her situation. While it was true, she had hunted for years now--she knew next to nothing about how vampires lived. Simply how to destroy them. And now that she had her fangs, she learned more and more each day what a burden they were. "I'm new to this--this vampire curse. I've only been turned for a month now... If you say theres no cure--then fine. I won't bother you with that. But, perhaps, you could show me how you do it? How to be a vampire without looking at every human like a meal..." 

A swell of bile tickled the back of her mouth at the thought. Yes, it was true. She had starved herself for so long--not wanting to subject herself to so lowly an act as feeding on another human--that they had all begun to smell, look, and sound enticing. It was beginning to drive her mad. She needed help, before... well, she didn't want to think about it.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Abraham sighed heavily as the woman continued to bombard him with questions. He had simply rode to this town to kill a vampire who had gone sour, not play twenty questions with a hooker. He could feel his dominant hand reaching for the ax that lay inside his coat and forced himself back. There seemed to be no way of getting rid of this woman but perhaps he could reason with her to leave him alone if he gave her what she wanted. Plus, the small side of him that still longed to be human was shouting for some type of companionship. 

He took a deep breathed, and whipped around, testing the woman before saying anything. She seemed rather "new" but Abe was still a bit wary to trust her. She wasn't all that strong though, as he already knew, and if she tried anything he could easily overcome her. He nodded, his decision made.

"If I show you, will you finally leave me the hell alone?" he made sure to speak each word with as much loath as possible. 

The vampire didn't wait for a reply and simply started walking back the way he had come, the horse he had rode into town with was parked only a few blocks down.

"Do not think for a second..." he began, without even turning to make sure the female vampire would follow."...that just because I am helping you means that we a friends. Or, that I won't snap your neck the moment you do something wrong."

"I have my morals though, and one less abomination in this world is a good thing. Do you have a horse?" He asked rather nonchalantly.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Shylo jumped as the man rounded on her, but settled,a smile forming, when he agreed to help.

"Yes, if thats what you wish," She nodded. The smile faded, however, as he continued. A air of seriousness surrounded her. If she messed this up, he'd kill her... plain and simple. She had to agree with his tactics--new vampires were often unpredictable, and though she seemed to have somewhat of a hold on her instincts now, there was no telling what she might do if she lost control... In the end, it would be what she would have done. What she should have done, long ago....

"Oui, just outside of town," Shylo nodded when asked for her horse. "I'll call her when we get closer." 

(Sorry its short and crappy... >.< kinda lacking in the inspiration department lately.)
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Abraham grunted in reply to the woman as he rounded the corner, walking up to where he had parked his horse. The mare reared up and whinnied anxiously, the presence of the vampire duo setting her off balance. She growled as Abe came close and placed an icy hand on her neck. He looked her dead in the eyes and whispered to her, eventually calming the horse down enough.
"Call your horse." He murmured to the female vampire as he mounted his horse.
"Oh. By the way, my name is Abraham Whitley, you will only address me as Mr. Whitley, and nothing else." He straightened his position and turned towards the woman.
"Your first lesson will be one of the hardest ones, but, if you can pass this, the rest will be easy..." He trailed off, glaring now,"Whenever you're ready.." He said rather impatiently.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:27 pm

((Some ideas I have if you're running low on steam:
-Abe is going to take them riding through town once morning comes, it's usually full of humans during the morning time and he wanted to see how Shy would react.
- they'll probably go hunting at some point
-he's going to teach her to act human too
-they'll probably go searching for baddies to kill
-I'm going to eventually kill off his horse for reasons))
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Shyo watched, a small smirk on her lips, as the man calmed his horse. She'd grown up with horses--but ones with tempers as mild as a summer's night, and trained to the point that pampered show-dogs wept at their skills. It came with her family's lifestyle. 

The girl nodded at his demand, and raised her pointer finger and thumb to her mouth--however, the loud shriek that usually occompanied such a motion was replaced with a delicate whistled song, short and sweet as it rang gently across the town's rooftops. 

Shylo waited a moment, eyes closed. A high-pitched whinny answered her call, and when the girl opened her eyes she spotted the figure of a pale mare trotting toward her, nothing but a knapsack drapped over her back. Shylo smiled broadly, stepping toward the mare and pressing her head against the horses'.

"Bonjour, Lune," Shy breathed, stepping away from her horse and hoisting herself onto the creature's back. tossing her blonde curls over her shoulder, the vampire gripped onto the mare's mane--she always preferred riding bareback--and looked toward Abraham. "Mr. Whitley--if you prefer. My name is Lady Shylo Maria Lemone of the French Palastines. Shylo for short. I'm ready whenever you are, monsieur."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Abraham straightened back up on his saddle and urged his horse forward. Without much of a word to Shylo, he led them through a series of streets and seemingly abandoned alleyways. The town he lived in was almost apart of the larger town they were in now, but more so a suburb than anything else. The sun would be coming up soon though and that would mean people would be up and walking around just as they rode in. Abe smirked, a smug look rested on his face, he was rather thrilled to observe the rather clumsy female vampire and her interactions with the humans.
Just as he had expected, they rode into town as the sun was beginning to rise and sure enough the suburban town was started to fill.
Abraham slowed his mare and turned to look at Shylo, "This shall be your first lesson."
They made their way slowly through town, weeding through the hoards of bustling people going about their usual morning duties. Some of them stopped Abraham to mention his absence in town and how his apprentice wasn't fairing so well with their repairs. He nodded and explained to each person, coming up with a story of having to rescue his poor, ill cousin- Madame Shylo- from her terrible, abusive husband.
Abraham turned once more to Shylo when it looked as if no one would stop them again, " Try to relax yourself, you're stiff. And focus more on individual scents, the trees, that dog, the grains, rather than the humans. Use your eyes to pick something out and focus only on that and it's scent."
"You want to make yourself look human, act more like one too. You remember it don't you? And for god's sake, don't look so conflicted and so damn stiff."
Abraham shoke his head, having to keep watch on Shylo was a little more than he wanted to have to take on at the moment, especially considering she could break at any moment, god forbidding.

They made their way to a two-story, stone building just off the side of town, a small, fenced in field lay nearly behind the building as well as an even smaller creek. The building was rather old, a tad shabby, half of the front had been carved out to accommodate a rather large collection of masonry and blacksmithing. A younger man popped out of the building immediately upon seeing Abraham and waved nervously, scurrying back inside and cussing under his breath.
" We're home, sweet cousin of mine." Abraham said, a small bit of sarcasm hung on each word. He hitched his horse momentarily to the side of the building and walked over to assist his 'ill cousin' off her horse.
" That young man in there is my help, his name is Lucas. Try not to kill him for me."
He led her through the front of the house to the back where a door led to a staircase to the small home upstairs. There was only one room upstairs, housing a small bed, a few rugs, a tiny kitchen set with a table and Abe's extensive collection of hunting equipment.
"Excuse the mess.." He mumbled, picking up a few dirty articles and tossing them onto a chair by the table.

"As you may know, vampires don't really need sleep. But, it is nice to rest every now and again. So you can have the bed."

Abraham took his long coat off, removed his weapons and replaced them with smaller ones. He then took his best and shirt off and flexed for a moment.

"Excuse me." He muttered, forgetting he was in the presence of a lady but figured it was already too late.
He picked up a clean shirt, and pulled it over his head, rolling up the sleeves and fixing his suspenders.

"If you'll pardon me, I have some work to do downstairs. Make yourself at home and come down whenever you want."

"Oh, and one more thing..." Abraham stopped in the doorway as he was making his way out and turned to look at Shylo directly, " ...remember your place or I'll f*cking kill you."

adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 pm

((More ideas: he's going to try and buy her a dress and take her to a party, it may secretly be another baddie hunt too. Also please excuse my typos, I'm on mobile and can't go back and edit at the moment /: ))
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:22 pm

((Sorry I'm so late, Ari >.<  Bit topsie turvy over here still--but I like your ideas, they should be good to keep us going for a while =) I also want to maybe explore the whole 'cure' thing Shylo was talking about earlier. I haven't really decided if its a real cure she finds, or something else though...))

Shylo's gut fell as they neared the busy town, the smell of humans already making her mouth water. It made her nauseous just thinking about it... 

Abe's words gave her little comfort. If she knew how to act human, then what was he for? Still, she attempted to relaxed, trying to mask her discomfort as the unease of a abused wife, as was her appointed part. She was thankful that none of the townsfolk stopped and addressed her directly, simply giving her sympathetic looks and nods of encouragement. 

'Breath, Shylo--you can do this. Think of then as people, human beings, not food...' the french girl took a shaky breath, and tried focusing, as Abe instructed, and soon became fixated on the little things; the sounds of Lune's breathing, the smell of the grass, an old door hinge creaking... they worked for the moment, but her mouth still watered and her pupils dilated as her body unwillingly urged her to hunt. She released a held breath when Abe finally stopped them outside a shabby blacksmith's lodge.

Shylo looked around the small lot. It wasn't so bad... she couldn't complain, seeing as she'd slept in ditches, and trees, and anywhere she could find devoid of humans for the last few months. At least here there'd be a roof over her head.

She allowed Abe to assist her off her horse, though it was little needed--One of the steps all her family's horses had been taught was to bow, allowing easy exiting and mounting. Shylo took the knapsack from Lune's back, slinging it over her shoulders before patting the stallion's neck twice, signalling his release. With a small snort, the horse wondered away from the two, choosing to graze a small ways from the house in the field. 

Shylo turned back as Abe was mentioning his help. She had relaxed when she realized the house was a small ways apart from the city, giving her a decent buffer between her and humans. She hadn't realized he'd be living with one. The thought made her uneasy, but she trusted Abe--however quickly their arrangement had been struck--and would have to learn to trust herself. It was just another test, thats all...

Still not a word on her lips, Shylo followed Abe into the house, and into the single bedroom. She tried to hide the small smile on her lips as he shuffled about, tidying up here and there and apologizing as he flexed. It was clear this man was not use to company, much less that of a woman. She uttered a small thank-you for allowing her the bed, surprised by the generosity. Already he'd allowed her into his home, and now his bed? Quite the gentleman, this Mr. Whitley was.

Putting her things down in a vacant chair, Shylo started feeling more at ease with the situation. She'd found someone, like her--more importantly, gotten him to agree to teach her--as well as a place to stay... Maybe things were begining to look up. Her back stiffened and her breath caught as the man left the room, his open threat making the air thick as Shylo was reminded of her delicate situation. 

"Baise-moi.." She whimpered, turning around to sit and stare at the open doorway. "Maybe this'll be harder than I thought..."

------------A small while later------------

It was late morning when Shylo felt comfortable enough with herself to head downstairs. She'd found a washtub and water and had spent the last hour or so washing her clothing, as well as some of Mr. Whitley's--all of which she had brought down to dry--and had changed into something more fitting; a white tunic tied around her waist with a belt, paired with simple brown leggings and her black boots. She'd also combed and braided her hair, glad to have it out of her face. 

She glanced at the workshop for a moment, her hightened senses telling her where Abe and Lucas were inside, and then turned to begin hanging the laundry to dry, choosing to focus on that rather than the two men. For the moment, anyway...
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:20 am

Abraham made his way downstairs with a sour taste in his mouth. He was still uncertain whether he could trust the female vampire or not. Tucking his shirt tails into his pants, he made his way over to where his benighted apprentice stood fumbling with the kiln.

"Lucas, listen... My cousin, Madame Shylo, she's not in a good way right now. She's going to be staying with us for a while."

The boy straightened his back and nodded," But sir, where will she be stayin'? Surely not out in the shed with me."

Abraham rolled his eyes, Lucas had been brought to him by a desperate farmer a few years back. The farmer had begged and pleaded with Abe to make his boy a man, and eventually Abe had agreed to it. Though Lucas was a good help sometimes, other times he wasn't the brightest at all.

"She will be staying upstairs with me, we are family so that only makes sense... Anyway, stay on your best behavior, got it kid?"
Lucas nodded again, and began fiddling with the kiln again.

Abraham set his sights on a long inventory list and began working. A few moments later, a very flustered little man walked in, talking frantically about repairs. Abraham glared at Lucas who sheepishly shrugged and lowered his head.

"I'll be back, watch the shop. And..." Abraham paused for a moment as he sensed Shylo coming down the stairs, "... Keep an eye on my poor cousin, would you? But behave yourself, damn it."

Lucas nodded again and waited until Abraham and the tiny man were away from the shop to take a break. He sighed and ran a greasy hand through his thick, blonde hair while sauntering to the back of the shop and out to the shabby back porch. He unzipped his pants and was about to relieve himself when he noticed Shylo and quickly put himself away.

He stood there for a moment, embarrassed, before speaking," So I hear you and Whitleys cousins?"
Lucas took a moment to run his eyes up and down the length of the young woman before he spoke again, "Wow, he never told me how lovely you were though. How amazing it is to be in the presence of such a nice young lady as yourself, Madame."

Lucas smiled and stretched out his hand," I'm Lucas, sometimes Whitley calls me shithead, cock suck, you know. But you can call me Luke, whatever you please."

He noticed the clothing hanging and blushed, scratching his head and nodding," You know, you ain't gotta do that. I know Whitley can be an ass, but don't let him make you feel any lesser neither."

Lucas nodded again, and stood awkwardly for a moment before turning, he thanked Shylo for her company and made his way back to work. Moments later, Abraham showed up, he had haggled with a customer about leaky roofs not being fixed while he was gone and finally settled on a deal. He narrowed his eyes at Lucas and lectured him about his duties before making his way to the back.

He noticed Shylo hanging laundry and smirked, " You didn't mess with him, did you?"
Unlike Lucas, he had no shame in himself and turned to relieve himself.
"I'm going to make dinner tonight, think of it as...another lesson, if you will." Abraham finished and turned to looked at Shylo, his eyes searched hers for a moment and held contact for a second longer than he would have liked to admit.

For a moment, he was choked up. He suddenly thought Shylo had the prettiest eyes and loveliest hair, plus he could smell her from a mile away, and she didn't smell like human or food, she was natural, something normal for a change. Shylo was gourgeous and he couldn't stop himself from thinking that. For a moment, he felt a violent urge to have his way with her, it had been so long since he had any type of contact whatsoever and the human part he had been born with longed for attention.
That moment soon ended though as he was reminded of how much of a threat she was to him, of how dangerous she could be. He growled softly and shook his head," Thanks for doing the laundry." He barked, before turning and walking back in the shop.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:22 am

((No problem, dude, I understand. Also, let's have things speed up a little bit. Maybe fast forward a few days or weeks, add in whatever you feel would be important. We can work on that cure idea of yours too sometime!))
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:58 pm

((Sounds good ^^I also had some add-ons for your ideas; Shylo has/had a fiance when she was part of the Elites--Commander Alec Da'moin--and after she was turned he kinda went hell-bent on tracking her down and killing her (cause he's an extremist like that.) So, I was thinking they could bump into each other at the party, just to add a little drama. He won't hurt her straight out, cause he doesn't want to cause a scene--but it would put Shylo on edge and create some more conflict. I also had a little idea where Lucas maybe got hurt working on day, and starts bleeding in front of Shylo, and she freaks out (not to the point of attacking, but you can tell she wants to and is holding back.) and Abe has to come to the rescue. Idk, just some ideas~<3))

Shylo stiffened when Lucas began to speak to her; her nerves jolted and she quickly held her breath. He was so close! Busying herself with the laundry, she avoided his hand and hoped she didn't seem too rude; or stiff for that matter...

"You're very kind, garcon," She smiled at his compliments. While she'd heard similar words her entire life, she could tell his were genuine and deserved some sort of response, however much it pained her to breath in his scent. "We're cousins simply by marriage, it would seem--but thank you."

'Set it straight that his blood is not my own...' Shylo huffed internally. If she was to play the 'poor-cousin' role, it would be by her terms.

She was thankful for the boy's leave when Abe came back, giving the man a small grimace at his small tease. Though she wondered for a moment if she had been imagining it, Shylo caught the small hint of want in Whitley's eyes, and was a small bit taken aback by it. She expected such feelings from Luke, of course--a young boy spots a beautiful young woman, who wouldn't?--but she had been convinced that Abe disliked her on all terms, even physical. He'd said it himself, he'd only agreed to their arrangement to ensure one less monster in the world. The act left Shylo even more curious of this strange man.

Her curiosity only crew as his harsh tone thanked her for the chore as he retreated back into the shop.

-----------------------------------------

Shylo soon fell into a steady routine during her stay on Whitley's farm. Resting and studying during the evenings, and then "waking" in the morning to complete house work, and train further with Abe. While the man was harsh with her, Shylo progressed steadily, even beginning to feel at ease with being around Lucas and the occasional visitor. However, their rides into town here and there still left her mind whirling and her stomach cramped. Being around human's en mass was still difficult, and sometimes Shylo felt as if she'd never learn to blend. For now, at least, her 'beaten-cousin-in-law' act kept suspicions of her odd tension down, most folks passing it off as some sort of psychological scarring. She silently thanked Abe for the easy excuse...

The dusk of her second week on the small homestead found Shylo out in the yard, busying herself with brushing down Lune near the feild. Now that they weren't traveling as often, the french woman had noticed just how neglected her horse looked, and had spent the day--apart from her training with Abe and the odd house work--grooming and bonding with her animal. Absentmindedly, she let her senses out to see if Abe and Lucas were still at work, or if they had moved inside and started dinner preparations, as was their usual routine.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 am

The sun had began to set as Abraham and Lucas were bringing a long week's work to a close. Abe was tired and sore and awfully hungry, so much so that he had begun to imagine biting into the neck of his obnoxious assistant. Ever since Shylo had stepped foot on the property, that was all the half-witted human boy wanted to talk about. What was her favorite color and where was she born. Simple, stupid things that made Abraham groan in protest. 

When they were finished cleaning up, Abe stopped Lucas and suggested he take the week off and go home for a change, to which Lucas hesitated before finally happily agreeing. Once Abe was sure he was gone, the vampire made his way out to the back where Shylo had been busying herself with her horse.

"Oh dearest, sweetest cousin of mine." Abraham teased, placing a hand on the woman's shoulder. For only a second he staggered with his words, these awkward moments they had been having, whether he would occasionally find himself staring at her, or sometimes barely grazing any part of her exposed body left him confused and some how nervous.

He shook away his abstract thoughts and stepped back a ways, "It is time I gave you another lesson. This one you'll be sure to enjoy." 

With a devilish smile on his face, he took her hand and began jogging out into the woods. When they had made it a ways away from the town, Abe released Shylo's hand and turned to face the female vampire. 

"We're going hunting, Shylo. Keep up if you can!" 

With that, the vampire broke out into a sprint, allowing his wild instinct to consume him. He inhaled deeply as he ran, allowing every scent to fill every orifice until he could sense all that was around him. He slowed his pace to a slow walk as they approached a small cottage in the middle of the woods.

"Usually..." Abraham kept his voice as low as possible, but just loud enough for the female vampire to hear,"...it is against morale to use a human for bait. But, there are exceptions to the rules. Usually, when they become too much for even their own kind to handle, or in some cases, when they are much to sick to even dream of becoming well again. Then, and only then, do we pray on them."

He lowered himself to a crouch, hiding himself behind a wide oak," As you know, it is hard for us to live off of anything but human blood. Thus, we make do with our situation."

Abraham could feel the presence of the beings who lived inside the small cottage, he could hear each breath they took, every movement they made. 

"Inside this cabin live two very mean men. They've robbed the town over and over and no one does anything about it. These two are an exception to the rules."

Soon enough, the two men would be asleep. Abraham was beginning to become impatient. It had been almost a month since he had eaten and he was jittery and slightly unfocused because of it. He had also had an extremely hard time hiding his change in eye color from gray to red, usually indicating how hungry and insane he was growing. 

"I want you to go in first, take whatever angle you want, and I'll follow." He rocked back and forth on his heels for a moment before standing and leaning his back on the tree and motioning with his head for Shylo to go whenever she was ready.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:02 am

Shylo glanced down at Abe's hand on her shoulder, grimacing at his mocking tone. They very rarely touched, a sort of mutual respect for personal space encompassed the two vampires--still, when they did, Shylo always felt as though there was something lingering under the surface, some sort of hesitance. 

Her trailing thoughts cleared as he brought up mention of another lesson, and began to lead her into the woods. Her heart beat sped with excitement when he mentioned hunting, and she sped alongside him, her lithe body matching his gate easily. She felt her primal instincts flow through her as he nose took in every scent, she felt the vibrations of their thrumming feet through the ground, and the noises of evening tickled her ears. Hunting! At last, she'd get something to eat. But what? The woods were too small to house large game, such as elk or deer--and Shylo hardly guessed Abe to be the type of man to hunt for rats and pigeons. So... what?

When they slowed to a stop outside an old cabin, Shylo's gut flipped. Humans?!? He expected her to hunt humans?! But... all her training. Isn't this what she was trying to avoid? Shock and doubt raced through her mind, but she stayed silent and let Abe's explanation calm her. These men were criminals... they terrorized the town Abe called home--what she had slowly begun to consider home. Surely... it would be alright? They'd be doing the town a service, be it rather gruesomely. Oohh...

Shylo stared at the cabin, conflicted. But it had been even longer since she last fed. She'd only been turned for a month or two... and her human-side rejected the thought of consuming human blood. She'd starved herself since her turning day because of it. But now... well, her hunger got the better of her, and her values left her.

One she guessed the men inside had fallen asleep, Shylo crept toward the cabin. Her boots made but the softest sound, cushioned by her crouch as she eased herself toward one of the windows of the cabin. Peeking inside, she spied the two men, sleeping peacefully in their bedding. She breathed in their scent, the smell of their warm blood running through their veins driving her mad and she felt her fangs extend noticeably. Silent as a cat, she crept around to the door, trying the handle; locked. Well, it was worth a shot. Again, the vampiress went for the window. Skillfully, the woman pulled her knife from her belt and wiggled it under the seal, quietly prying the window open without a sound. Pulling it far enough up, she began to climb inside, glancing back to signal Abe. Getting in was easy--it was the rest of the matter she was unsure about. She'd killed vampires, yes--but never humans, much less fed on one. Though she'd never admit it, she was grateful for the older vampire's assistance.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top