Yo.
Chatbox

Backup Cbox

This is a pain in the neck

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This is a pain in the neck

Post by Kyra on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:16 pm

"I know that!" She growled, though not harshly. "Its just, its Christmas soon, isn't it? I thought baking things at home was a tradition."

Shylo pouted as the man had to help her, feeling frustrated. Damnit... she'd wanted to do it. 

She blushed then, as Abe took her hands and showed her how to knead and fold the dough into shape, speaking of how his mother had shown him. She smiled--well... at least some good came out of her attempt. She watched him place the bread on a board, sliding it into the oven. See, not so hard! She'd have figured it out, she was sure. Still, she was grateful for his help.

She turned to help the man clean up, glancing up as he muttered to himself. Hmph, what to do with her indeed!

"You could stop patronizing me, for a start," She said stubbornly, sticking her tongue out at him. Without thinking, her hands dipped into the sack of flour on the table, taking a small bit up in her fingers. Before she'd realized what she'd done, she'd flicked the flour at Abe, the white powder hitting him square in the face with a small 'Poof!'

Shylo froze, staring pale-faced at the man for a moment. Uh oh...! Why had she done that?! Would he be mad? She hadn't meant any harm!! But... well, he did look rather ridiculous now, didn't he? As if he'd felt the need to plant his face into a bank of snow before coming in. The girl felt a bout of nervous laughter take her, and she had to cover her face.

"S-sorry!" She giggled, wrapping a hand around her waist as well. "But there, uuhhh, there seems to be something on your face, mon amie."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Abraham stood for a moment, blinking away the flour and wiping his eyes.

"Oh.. oh ho ho.." He stood up straight and jokingly wagged his finger at the woman.

"Now you're gonna get it. Now you're mine!" 

He grabbed a handful and threw it in her face, both of their faces covered now. He chuckled, grabbing his sides.

"Looks like you have something on your face now." He laughed again before getting serious and continuing to clean before grabbing another handful and throwing it again. He laughed and placed a kiss on Shylo's head before going back to his cleaning.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:42 am

Shylo spluttered as her own face was coated, sneezing as the white flour tickled her nose. She laughed as well, innocently continueing to clean, though it soon halted as another fistful of flour was thrown, this own hitting her front. She growled playfully, throwing another handful herself. She smiled contently, closing her eyes as her head was kissed, her own lips meeting his cheek fleeting. The childish moment gone, she assisted in cleaning up their mess, smiling all the while. She noted how, despite everything to happen to the pair, some of her happiest moments had been shared with this man. She really was falling hard for him, wasn't she...? The thought made her smile, and she gave him another chaste kiss before starting in on her small pile of dishes.

------A few weeks later, early January--

It was snowing outside.

Not that that was any surprise... it'd been snowing on and off for the last few weeks--with no sign of letting up anytime soon either. Shylo was beginning to grow restless inside the small cabin, the walls seeming to close in a little more each day. She couldn't help it much, though--when the weather did let up, it was only for a moment it seemed, and the pair often busied themselves with fetching more wood, or hunting, or going into town for supplies. 

It had been clear, earlier in the day. Shylo had offered to care for her horse, and fetch what wood she could, while Abe had headed into town for something. With so little time between storms, it had been the best option. Only an hour or so afterwards, however, little flurries had begun to fall, and Shylo had made her way quickly inside. Could vampires get sick...? She wasn't sure, but she didn't want to risk it. 

Now, the woman sat--a cup of warm coffee in hand, and more on the stove for Abe--and gazed out the window at the peaceful scene of late winter. She fretted for a moment, wondering where the man was, but soon concluded that he'd be fine, he could take care of himself. It was just a little snow, after all. 

But the cabin was so much smaller without him there, so much more quiet... with only the two of them now, silence was abundant--especially with one of them away. Shylo could hear everything; the fire crackling, snow hitting the window, the gentle bubble of coffee on the stove, her own gentle breathing... and... something else... She furrowed her brow, opening her senses up further and concentrating hard on the small, but definite, oddity. It was small, very, very small... and muffled, as if inside something. A quiet, fast-paced rhythm, repeating over and over. Almost like a heart-beat.

She stopped, confused. A heart-beat...? But, that was absurd. She was the only thing within the house that contained a beating heart, and hers was much louder, stronger. It drowned out the other for a moment, while she focused. No, the sound wasn't her own heart... but, it was strange--now that she had turned her senses inward, it was almost like... the little heart-beat was... inside... her... Oh no.

Shylo chocked as she felt the breath leave her lungs, and she glanced down at herself, growing pale as her eyes met her stomach. No... no, that couldn't be. She must be imagining things, thats all!! It'd been a while since she'd had a decent meal, perhaps her thirst was making her hallucinate! Yes, that must be it. There was no way she could be.... --she gulped--pregnant...

The vampiress covered her mouth, stunned as the word formed in her subconscious. Pregnant? Could... could vamires be pregnant? She was convinced that, if they could, there'd be a hell of a lot more of them, and she would have seen at least one infant, or adolescent, or something during her years as a hunter. Not once had she witnessed a vampire younger than, say, nine or ten. And those had been changed, like she had. She'd never seen a baby before... Or a mother.

So then... how? She glanced at her gut, focusing in on the sound again. No... no, that was definitely a heart-beat, no doubt. And it was most definitely inside her. She felt herself grow faint, and quickly took a sip of her coffee. She resorted to breathing, eyes closed, as she attempted to calm herself down.

"..... Oh, fuck me...." She whimpered suddenly, standing to pace as her nerves heightened with a sudden realization. How in the hell was she suppose to explain this to Abe...?!
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:29 am

Abraham had neglected to tell Shylo that he had went out on a mini assassination mission a few towns away. It wasn't very trivial, Abe had it finished within hours. He made his way back into town, stopping off at the inn to check in before heading back to the small cabin in the woods.

He made his way slowly inside, scuffing the snow off his boats and taking off his jacket. He laid a hand on Shylo's shoulder before walking over to the coffee pot and getting himself a cup. He paused for a moment, mid-pour, something was off. He turned, brow furrowed and looked over at Shylo. She had been standing rather awkwardly when he walked in, and now she seemed even more tense. 

He sat down and took an anxious sip of coffee. His senses honing in on something he had never heard before. Whatever it was, it confused him even more. 

"What's wrong?" He mused, staring up at Shylo from the brim of his coffee cup.

"Tell me what is going on with you."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:57 am

Shylo jumped as Abe walked in, her nerves getting to her. Merdi! She thought he'd be longer... what time was it? She hadn't a clue what to say to him! 

She attempted a smile, greeting him as warmly as she could, a shaky hand reaching for his as he touched her shoulder. She watched him serve himself a cup of coffee, but turned away when his eyes searched hers, blushing. She pretended to busy herself with the small fire, adding more wood and stiring the ashes as he sat down. She jumped again, blushing as he asked her what was wrong. Fuck... she was never any good at hiding herself, was she? What was she going to say...?!?

She turned, still avoiding his gaze. Her heart pounded as she took a seat across from the man, feeling like a sinner facing the pope himself. Where to start? She'd never even dreamt a situation like this, even when human. Much less when she was assured vampires couldn't bare children!! How do you tell someone something that is, by all accounts, impossible? But she couldn't not tell him, he'd figure it out eventually. Maybe even before she began to show.... oh, lord... 

She took a deep breath, finally looking at the man. Her fear and anxiety were more than clear on her face, and she wished fore nothing more than to bury herself against his chest. To receive some amount of comfort from him--even a simple pat on the head would do at this point! But she refrained--if she gave in now, she'd never tell. She'd have to get it over with while she was still dazed from her own discovery. 

"Abe, I..." She bit her lip, still unsure how to put it. "I don't know how to say this... merde... Um, I th-think... well, I heard something. Something inside... me... Its very small, mind you, but, um..." She shook her head, a nervous laugh escaping through her broken confession. "I-I... I think its a heart-beat. A very, very small heart.... right down..." She laid a delicate, shaky hand across her stomach, touching the space just underneath her navel. "Here..."

She glanced at him, hoping she had managed some sort of clarity in her words, and could go on avoiding saying it out loud for now. She was pregnant...
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:58 am

Abraham said nothing for a while. In fact, he said nothing at all for quite some time. He didn't move. He didn't breath. The stillness between the two awkwardly drawn out. He finally got up, gently placing his cup on the table before knocking it off in a bout of rage.

"You're pregnant?" He growled, even though he already knew the answer. His head spun, his heart stopped.

"Do you know what this means? Do you!" He didn't look at Shylo, he was too disgusted, not in her but in himself. He shook his head, balling and unballing his fists as he paced the floor of the tiny cabin. He muttered nonsense to himself, growling and carrying on for a while before excusing himself and stomping off outside. The snow had stopped falling for the time being and he needed some air.

The trees whispered to him as he made his way out. They called his name, rather sensually. He growled and swatted at them before sitting down staring up at the sky. He grabbed his head and buried it in between his legs. He felt stupid. How could he have been so careless? He swore long ago that he would never get too attached to a single soul, let alone romantically. And he had done the exact opposite. Not only was he now in danger, as was the woman carrying his child. He gritted his teeth. What was done was done though. Maybe things would be different. Abe didn't know. 

He ran a wary hand through his tangled hair before heading back to the cabin. It had been well over a few hours. He owed Shylo an apology. And at first he didn't know what to say, the woman had clearly been upset by it too. 

He sat at the table again, head in hands before looking up at the woman were she was," I don't know if I'm ready for this, Shy." 

His voice was wary, unsure as he spoke each word. His brow furrowed and he glanced out the window.

"It is very, very unlikely that a vampire will ever get pregnant...but, on the off chance one does...they'll know. And they'll come. Some of them mean no harm, but others...Others will come to take the child..."

Abraham trailed off, remembering the one time he was told about a young vampiress who had bore a baby and had it viciously taken away from her.

"Vampires view babies as opportunities. They value the rarity of such a thing. Some will even kill if it means they can have the baby as their own..."

Abraham stood, the room spun for a moment. He walked to the fire place, poking the wood before turning again.

"We will get through this... I.." Abraham hesitated, he had never been very good with words.

He walked over to Shylo, briefly placing a hand on her stomach and then stepping back.

"I will protect you...both.. of you. Even if that means I must die doing so."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Shylo searched the man for something, anything. Some sort of reaction... but when it did finally come, it was more violent than what she thought, and she jumped backwards, frozen still as he paced. Her mind ran a blank, and she simply watched him as he raved, wide-eyed. When he left, she remained still, simply staring at the closed door in shock. That... hadn't gone well...

'Well, what did you expect?!' She screamed at herself, burrying her head in her hands. A sob racked her shoulders, and the woman held herself, unsure of what to do now. 

He was so angry... but could she blame him? It wasn't easy news to hear--even more so given their situation. Of all the things to happen, why a baby?! Shylo hadn't a clue how to take care of a child--she had many younger siblings yes, but had lived a comfortable life. Maids and Midwifes had practically raised her and her sisters, she doubted even her own mother knew how to care for a child properly. And there was the fact that she wasn't exactly human anymore... did that change things? What would to baby eat? Would it age like a normal human, or slower, like vampires? How was she meant to teach it, when she herself was still learning to survive? And Abe... How was she suppose to expect him to take on such a burden? Her own training was far from complete--true, she didn't feel like snapping every human's neck when they went to town, but she still had her doubts. How was she going to control a child with such desires? 

Doubt and anxiety overwhelmed the woman, and she cried into her hands for what seemed like hours. What was she going to do...?

She jumped, straightening up as the door swung open, and Abraham walked in again. She eyed him, wary of the man she loved. Was he still mad...? He seemed calmer now, but Shylo felt her guard up. She hardly noticed as an arm moved to wrap around her middle protectively. 

As Abe spoke, she only felt her anxiety over the whole situation grow. They? Did he mean... other vampires? Surely, not. They were usually solitary creatures--the only official 'covens' still around were in Europe--Vampires didn't enjoy company, it was simple. But as he explained, she felt the hand over her gut grow firm. They would want the baby... Her baby. A swell of instinct took her over, and she shook her head, brow furrowing.

More tears pricked her eyes as Abe touched her belly, vowing to protect her--protect them. She gritted her teeth, standing as well.

"Tu con..." She growled through another set of sobs. She reached for the man, throwing her arms around his shoulders and pressing her face into his neck. "If you're busy protecting us, who'll protect you? You said we'd get through this... together, oui? How are we suppose to do that if you die?" She pulled away for a moment, wiping at her wet cheeks hastily as she continued. "Don't promise such things--don't say such things so loud, that the universe will hear you... If you have to promise me something, promise me you'll stay. Here, with me. Forever--promise me that, Abe." She shook her heard, discouraged at herself that she allowed herself to become so worked up. She stepped away, still trying to rid her face of tears. She breathed for a moment, an arm laid delicately over her waist again. Perhaps... it wouldn't be so bad... they'd faced such dangers before... 

She laughed, the sound thick and lacking, "Honestly, the vampires don't scare me nearly as much as whats already inside me... I've had years of training in how to defend myself against them. I... I don't even remember the last time I held a baby..."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 am

"The universe killed me the moment I became what I am today..." Abraham motioned to all of him, and gave a disheartened laugh.

"I have something to live for now.." he muttered, glancing up at Shylo before glaring in the corner. He had never been good with expressing his emotions. 

Abraham took a deep breath and nodded, "I haven't held a baby in a long time either.." he trailed off, a hint of pain dripping from his words.

"We will get through this. I swear." He stared up at Shylo then, and offered a small, reassuring smile. He knew then how he felt, he just didn't know how to say it, but he would do anything to protect them. Their family.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Shylo searched the man's face for a moment, the fear and uncertainty in her eyes and posture more than apparent. She tried to return his reassuring smile, sighing in an attempt to calm herself.

"I hope you're right..." She murmured, bending to begin cleaning up the broken mug on the floor.

-----Three weeks, February-----

Shylo woke up, confused and groggy. Yes... woke up. Over the last two weeks, she'd noticed a significant change in her sleeping patterns. Mostly the fact that she had one again. Fatigue would randomly hit the girl like a slab of bricks, and it would become all she could do to keep her eyes open when it did. Her 'naps' as she called them weren't long, mind you--the longest she'd experienced was perhaps an hour?--and they definitely the only symptom of her 'little visitor'. 

Her thirst had heightened as well. Not to unmanageable proportions, just noticeable ones. Whereas before she'd hunt perhaps once a month, she felt her throat begin to burn after only a few weeks. 

Her body was changing too... more rapidly than she would have liked. She wasn't showing quite yet, no... but she could feel things on the inside beginning to become cramped, and guessed it'd only be a matter of time before she'd have to sew herself new clothes. Though, she didn't mind the fact that she had had to loosen her corset this morning~ And her hips had already begun to widen, giving her a flattering hour-glass figure. Now, Shylo was no harlot--but she'd be lying if she said she hadn't attempted to lure Abe to her bed with the help of her new features.

The vampiress yawned, stretching herself against the mattress as she blinked the sleep from her eyes. She sat up, gazing around the empty cabin. Hmmph... Abe must have gone out already. Shrugging, the woman stood and moved to dress herself, gazing at her body in the stand-up mirror as she did so. Ick... she was starting to get chubby as well... she pinched at the small layer of fat that now surrounded her usually well-toned physique, nose wrinkling is disdain. 

Turning away, she finished putting on her clothes and headed outside, pulling her jacket around her to keep away the nip.

"Where did Daddy go, hmm?" She mumbled, gazing around the yard with a pout. Perhaps he was in the barn? Breathing into her hands, she stepped through the small layer of snow and toward the structure. 

She greeted Lune as she entered the barn, patting her horse with a smile. It'd been a while since she'd ridden him--what with the snow, and the baby... it just hadn't crossed her mind. She promised silently to take him out when the snow had melted a bit more.

She was still focused on her animal, and didn't notice right away as a shadow entered the barn behind her, its steps careful and quiet.

"Excuse me...?"

She whipped around, suppressing a scream of surprise as she was faced with an older gentleman. No... not older... he just looked that way at first glance. Her quick eyes noted the lack of wrinkles, and presence of toned muscles under his trench coat. He was younger, maybe just a bit older than Abe and herself. But his eyes... they were deep with a wisdom beyond his years--and his scent... his heart beat, yes, but not with mortal blood. Another vampire.

Shylo's guard flew up, and she crouched defensively. She left her blade inside... she hadn't even thought to bring it with her. She'd have to find something else to use...

But the other vampire raised his hands, shaking his head. "Oh, please Miss--I mean no harm. I hadn't meant to startle you. I simply wanted to see for myself if it was true..."

"True?" Shylo stood, though her fists stayed clenched. "If what was true?"

He smiled now, putting his hands down, though remained his distance. 

"I wanted to see if my senses had failed me," he said, his eyes traveling over the girl, his smile broadening. Shylo felt something in her gut twist with unease. "But I see now I was right--If you beg my pardon, Miss, how far along are you?"

Shylo's heart skipped, and her hands dashed for her waist. How had he known? She wasnt even showing yet! And the little heart was unnoticeable unless you were searching for it! She crouched again, hissing quietly. Was this guy one of the ones Abe had warned her about...? Vampires that seeked out infants to take? She backed away from him, slowly, suddenly unsure of his intentions, and frightened. For herself; for her child.

"How did you know? Who are you?!" She growled, trying to distract him as her brain racked itself for an escape plan. "What do you want with me?"

"Whoah, whoah!" He frowned, putting his hands up again. "Please, Miss! I told you I mean no harm. Please calm down!" He reached a hand upward to pinch the bridge of his nose, sighing. "It's clear I've upset you. But I promise, I'll do nothing to hurt you, or your child. I only want answers myself. Here--" He backed away slowly, until he had exited the barn and was holding the door open for the woman. "Why don't we step outside and talk, yes? You might feel calmer if you're in an open area."

'I'd feel calmer if you left...' Shylo snorted in her mind, staring at him carefully. But, what could she do? He was letting her out of the barn, instead of trapping her in. If he'd really wanted her, or her baby, wouldn't it have been easier to dispatch her behind closed doors? She proceeded forward warily, arms still gripped around her waist.

She kept her eyes on the man as she walked out of the barn and into the small yard. She immediately stepped a few yards away from him, closer to the house. If he made a move... it was only a few steps inside and to her daggers.

"How did you know?" She repeated, more calmly now. 

"Perhaps I should introduce myself first?" He smiled, portraying himself a friend. "My name is Carlisle Collins. I'm a vampire, like yourself, which you've probably already guessed. I'm a bit older than you, though. If I had to bet, you're only a little ways into your second year? Don't be upset, dear--When you get to my age, you'll be able to spot a new-blood a mile away. Ah--yes, my age--Well, I've lost official count, to be honest. My human life is a blur, but if I had to guess, I'd say around 1,050? Yes, that sounds about right."

Shylo's eyes widened in disbelief. 1,050?! This guy was older than Abe and Shylo combined! How?!

Carlisle chuckled, "Now, don't act so surprised. If one learns to keep his head down, and stay out of trouble, you'd be amazed to how old our kind can get. Would you believe I'm not even the oldest? Ha!" He chuckled again, his own stature calming as he continued. "As for how I knew... like I've said, I've been around a long time. Vampire pregnacies... are rare to say the least. I've only heard of two or three in my life time. They're a novelty. And as such, they're unique. As in, everything about you changes my dear--more than just growing bigger. Your smell, your aura, you'll even sound and feel different to other vampires. You'll be a beacon of sorts, drawing our kind to you like moths to a flame. Believe me when I say that I am to first of many. Your cabin may have been secure when you weren't laden--but now that you carry and infant, it will be as if you are a single rose in a field of white lilies." His face grew gloomy then, and his brow furrowed in concern. "Surely you're not alone out here? Where is your mate?"

The woman blinked--Ah, Abe! She'd forgotten she had been searching for him. Where had he gone when she needed him?!

"N-no, a man stays with me--Abraham," Shylo muttered, glancing around her again. Where was he?
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:19 pm

"Well then, there you go. This horse here is yours, no need for a fight, big guy." 

Abraham had went to town early that morning, word had gotten to him that someone staying at the inn in town had a horse, one he had told them he had been missing. He went to retrieve her, instantly assuming the guy was somehow one of the surviving bandits, only turning out to be a helpless old traveler. 

The vampire shook his head, leading his horse out and back to the small cabin. The moment he stepped out of the vicinity of the inn though, he felt something change inside of him. Something was different. Something was off. He sensed something that he hadn't before he had left Shylo in the cabin that morning.

Suddenly panic filled the vampire as he jumped on the back of his horse, urging her on quickly. They were there within moments, Abraham scanned the area and spotted Shylo with a strange man. A vampire at that. He leapt from the back of his horse, producing the ax from his long coat and running at the man. 

The other vampire barley flinched, having sensed the newcomer even before he had rode up. He dodged Abraham's attack, then quickly reached back and bent the arm holding the ax. Abraham flinched but showed his fangs and spat at the man. He knocked the strange man a few times with his leg before he was hit in the back and spun around. 

He cursed as he dropped the ax and was suddenly drawn up in the air by his neck. The man showed his fangs momentarily before turning to face Shylo, apologetically smiling, "Yours, miss?" he asked, Abraham still dangling in the air.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 pm

"Abraham!!" Shylo gasped as the man sped up their small lane on horseback, jumping from his ride and immediately going for Carlisle. She watched the two tussle, the fight over before it had barely begun. She gasped again, rushing forward as Abe was hoisted into the air as if he were nothing to the older vampire.

"Yes, Yes! Please, don't hurt him!" She cried, tugging at Carlisle's arm like a child in her panic. She was in awe for a moment, dumbstruck by how much strength rippled through the man's arms. She gazed up at him, begging him to release her lover.

"Ah, my apologies, Miss," He smiled, setting the other man down. "I might have guessed with how quickly he jumped to protect you--fast one isn't he?" He stooped down to pick up Abe's axe, tucking it under his arm. "Maybe I should hold onto this for the moment? Till I explain myself to your mate, that is. Wouldn't want someone getting hurt, now." Though he said it with a smile, Shylo detected a small threat in his words, and quickly nodded. 

She went to Abe, checking him over before leaning up to whisper in his ear, eyes still on Carlisle.

"His names Carlisle--He's old Abe, way older than either of us... be careful, yes? He... he knew I was pregnant, said he could sense it. He warned me of others... He's friendly, I think... He could teach us a lot, says he's seen other pregnancies before."

She met Abraham's gaze, urging him to calm down, trust her a little--Carlisle seemed to want to help. In the end though, she'd trust Abe's decision to either let him in, or send him away.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:53 pm

"Get out." Abraham rubbed his neck as he was released, his eyes had shifted and he was glaring at the man. Shylo said his name was Carlisle. Abraham didn't care.

"Get the fuck out of here. NOW." He raised his voice, but took a step back, ignoring Shylo and pushing her gently behind him.

"It appears we really have gotten off on the wrong foot, hmm?" The man did nothing but smile as he twirled Abe's ax in his hands.

"They're coming you know." He looked down at the ax in his hands," They know and they're coming. I had to see for myself before they got here because.. oh god knows what they will do when they come. I will admit, it was a tad hard to find you at first. Your mate here, what did you call him? Abraham? Yes. He was rather smart, used different scents to throw a weaker nose off course. But it wasn't that hard..."

Carlisle trailed off, his words were more threat now than they were anything else. He straightened up and took a deep breath," But, I digress. I didn't come here for ill effect." He nodded then and offered the ax back to Abraham, who hissed as he snatched it from Carlisle's hands.

"Now, now. Let us go inside. We should talk. I assure you, the last thing you would want is someone you could consider your ally to leave you in such a time as this."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:09 am

Shylo growled as she was shuffled behind Abraham. It was clear he wasn't listening to her, or Carlisle for that matter--too hellbent on some sort of protective instinct he had for her, which had only gotten worse since she had told him about the baby.

She listened to the older vampire, her gut twisting as he told them the reality of their situation--the stray scents had failed, and others were on the way... Abe and herself faired well against most other vampires--but what if some were older, like Carlisle? They wouldn't stand a chance against them, especially if they were hostile. She considered them lucky that Carlisle wanted to help. 

She looked to Abe, his anger still etched on his face, before turning back to the other man. She stepped carefully around her mate, resting a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. 

"Trust me, yes...?" She whispered to him. She looked Carlisle over again, still assessing the situation. ".... Can you really help us? Help me?" she asked.

"I'll try my best, Miss," he smiled, bowing the slightest, though his eyes remained on the pair. 

Shylo breathed, nodding, "Perhaps we should all go in, then... calm down a bit?"

She glanced at Abraham, eyes pleading him to trust her on this one. Something in her needed answers, and Carlisle seemed to know more than either of them. He could help... so she would trust him. She squeezed Abe's shoulder, before turning and heading into the cabin, glancing back to make sure the two men were following--and playing nice...
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:23 am

Abraham followed reluctantly behind Shylo and Carlisle into the house. He plopped down in a chair, putting his feet up on the table beside him and crossing his arms. His gaze never left Carlisle, he was testing the vampire, daring him to try and hurt Shylo. He may be stronger than Abraham was, but the vampire felt he could at least stand a chance. Carlisle even said he was fast, perhaps he could one up him with his speed.

Carlisle stood next to the door, offering the other chair to Shylo before walking over by the small fire. He gazed at it for a moment.

"I assure you, I can be trusted. I am probably the least of your worries..." He went on to explain to them the things he had sensed, the thing he had seen. He assured the two of them that he had wanted nothing more than to see the child delivered safely. 

He told them about how they should prepare themselves, lightly warning them of what was to come and how they could possibly overcome it. Abraham listened, his glare hardening with each word that came out of Carlisle's mouth. The vampire shot his eyes out the window, rather annoyed by the whole situation, his guard up and his senses high.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:04 am

Shylo grimaced as Abe placed his feet on the table, though she didn't say anything. She knew he was upset, but the act was still rather rude--whether he liked their guest or not. 

She chose not to say anything, instead sitting in the chair Carlisle offered her with a thankful smile. She sighed as she sat down. She could feel another bout of fatigue coming on, and had to fight to keep her eyes from drooping as the man spoke, warning them and teaching them of what was to come. 

"Merde..." Shylo muttered, burrying her face in her hands as she sighed. She'd known it was going to be dangerous... but this bad? How were they suppose to combat this? 

Carlisle saw the girls worry and frowned.

"Come now, child--you're situation is rare, but not impossible to overcome," He went on. "Others have done it, and so will you. I doubt your brute of a mate would let any harm come to you or your child. And I will help you as well."

"Why?" Shylo asked, suddenly looking up. "You've no reason to help me, It sounds like it will be more trouble for you than it's worth. So why?"

The vampire smiled, "My dear, lets just say I owe a friend the opportunity of seeing your child delivered and kept safe."

The woman furrowed her brow, opening her mouth to ask what the hell that meant, before a large yawn overcame her and she was forced to cover her mouth.

"Sorry..." She stiffled the yawn, shaking herself. "I seem to be more tired than usual, as of late..."

"Its understandable," Carsisle said, his tone growing soft, caring almost. "You've a lot to exhaust you. Sleep, if you like. I can take my leave for now, but i'll remain close by." He glanced at Abe just then, offering the man a smile. "No doubt your little bulldog here can keep you safe while I'm away."

With that, the man stood and headed for the door, waving politely at the couple before excusing himself and stepping out into the snowy afternoon.

Shylo sighed, rubbing at her tired eyes, before looking across the table to Abe, waiting for him to say something.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Abraham crossed his arms and huffed as Carlisle made his exit. Eventually though, he removed his feet from the table and muttered about how he was not a dog and wouldn't like to be treated as one either. He busied himself with making some coffee, his foot aggravatingly tapping on the floorboards beneath him. 

He didn't quite like it when other people, vampires at that, came into his home and tried to run things. He didn't want to say much, and sat, contemplating his anger over a cup of coffee. It was scalding hot, he drank it anyway. 

After a while, he got bored and stoked the fire until it was bright and blazing. He locked the door, took off his long-coat and boats and sat on the bed. The vampire glanced over at his mate, his eyes gazing over her face. He patted the bed beside him, and muttered a soft "come, sit with me."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Shylo watched Abe drowsily, not really wanting to sleep despite the fatigue that tugged at her eyes. She could tell he was agitated--though, she guessed he wasn't attempting to hide it. It was hard to tell whether he was mad at her, Carlisle, or the situation however. Perhaps all three... She frowned.

Her lips twitched into a small smile when he invited her to join him on the bed, a request she accepted gratefully. Taking off her own coat and boots, she made her way to the mattress, sitting beside her mate with a small moan of exhaustion, stifling another yawn. She leaned into him, enjoying the warmth of his body on her skin, and the comfort of something stable keeping her up.

"We've gotten ourselves into quite the conundrum, haven't we...?" She whispered, kissing his shoulder and peeking up at him.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:54 am

"Yes. Indeed" he muttered. His words were long and tired, he hadn't rested or eaten in quite some time, dedicating most of it to making sure Shylo and their small cabin house was safe.

Now though, he felt a strange sense of unease fall on him as he thought back to what Carlisle had told them. He swallowed hard, lost in thought, before getting up to make sure the door was dead-bolted. Thankfully, if vampires were to ever try to get inside, they would have a hard time doing so, Abraham had creatively constructed the house to appear wooden, only to be made of tin and metal underneath. 

He drew the shutters before going back and settling in with Shylo. He closed his eyes, fatigue instantly washing over him, his breath soon becoming shallow and more even patterned.

-SOME THOUSAND MILES AWAY-

A seemingly young woman sat at a small table in an old shabby bar somewhere off the coast of the Florida Keys. Women like herself usually weren't seen in bars such as this, but she had been around long enough-and slept with enough men- that no one seemed to bat an eye. She took a sip from her cup, bitter liquid stinging the back of her throat. How the humans enjoyed this disgusting concoction, she would never understand. 

She was considering leaving the small bar when a tall, dark man sauntered into the bar. Everyone stopped for a moment, most had never seen the newcomer, but the woman had. She stood, waving at the man before settling back down. As soon as he was seated the woman scooted closer, her hands wandering.

"Tell me, is it true, Mordecai? Please, tell me its true."

Her hands wandered lower. The man, Mordecai, blushed. 

"It is, my lady. And I have already seen that our coven be called upon.. we.. we leave at dawn."

The woman squealed with delight, pressing her mouth to his. She stood then, congratulated the man with his success and winked before she made her way out, a tight grin on her darkened face. She would finally get what she had always wanted; a child of her own.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:25 am

---(time skip? A couple more weeks/one month?)---

Oh.

There it was....

Shylo stared down at herself in the full-mirror; a habit she had gotten into as of late. Her hand ran over her stomach with a sigh, pinching gently at the small bump that had begun to protrude from her navel. She'd wondered when she'd start to show--though she didn't think it would be noticeable so soon, she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it...

'Well, there goes my figure,' She chuckled darkly to herself. 

In the days since Carlisle's arrival, Shylo had begun to feel more at ease with her pregnancy; the older vampire knew more than the girl could ever have dreamed, both about pregnancy, and about how to guard her new family. Though she knew Abe didn't care for him, Shy enjoyed his company, and was appreciative of his ongoing help. Now, if she could just figure out a way to get those two to get along, she'd be set...

Lost in thought, she continued to stroke her growing abdomen, circling it absentmindedly. It took her a moment to realize every now and again, her rotating palm was greeted with a small spasm of sorts. What....?

Brow furrowed, she watched in the mirror again, paying attention as she rubbed her belly. Oh! There it was--she watched with interest as a small ripple of movement followed her hand, the feeling inside impossible to describe. She stared on, incredulous. Her baby... that was her baby moving in there...!
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Abraham had been working out in the woods surrounding the little house when the other male vampire, known as Carlisle, made his way over. He leaned up against a tree, rather pretentiously, and crossed his arms

"I figured I would let you know that I took the liberty of fortifying your traps. They were growing weaker and needed to be tended too." Carlisle waited for Abraham to reply. The burly vampire said nothing, and just continued his work. 

Carlisle stepped away from the tree towards Abe, and leaned in, "Did you hear me? I fixed your traps..."He paused for a moment, he liked toying with Abe sometimes,"...also, what are you working on?"

Abe only growled softly, mumbling how he had heard the first time and really what he was doing was none of Carlisle's business. 

Carlisle chuckled softly,"Sure it is! Not that I do not trust you, I just must make sure that mother and child are not put in danger, is all."

Abraham growled again, this time coming towards Carlisle, only to have his arm swung back around him. Carlisle gripped Abe's arm tightly behind his back, shooting searing pain up the vampire's spine.

"Now, now big fella, wouldn't want to disappoint the misses." Carlisle teased, before pushing Abraham away from him. Abe glared for a moment before turning back to his work.

"If you must know, I am trying to gather enough material to trade in for some money... I am going to ask Shylo to be my wife."

Carlisle watched the man for a moment, he had not been expecting such a gentle response from such a powerful man. He nodded then, leaving Abraham to his work and walking back to check on Shylo.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:10 pm

Enraptured with the mirror, Shylo watched herself for a minute more, caressing and massaging her small bump curiously, smiling like a goof every time she felt movement underneath her finger tips. Her baby... Maybe being a mother wouldn't be so bad after all...~

A pulsation of excitement urged her toward the door, rushing as she shrugged on her coat and boots-- She should show Abe! Oh, he'd love it, she was sure. Of course, he'd been wary of her, and the life inside her, at first... but so had she--that didn't mean anything.

She unbolted the several locks on the door--something both Carlisle and Abe has insisted on installing--and pushed hurriedly out into the new spring air, smiling like a dolt as she let her senses out, attempting to find Abe. He had to be somewhere nearby... he rarely left her alone for long these days. 

Her brow furrowed, and she frowned suddenly... That smell--what was that? Not Abe, or Carlisle for that matter. But, she could swear it was a vampire, though something was off about it... It was... sweeter somehow, soft. Her curiousity spiked when she realized how close it was, and she turned toward where it was coming from. Should she go have a look? Abe had warned her away from any sort of adventuring as of late, preffering her cooped up and 'safe in the house'. She knew he meant well, but... well, she was aching for a bit of something! Besides, she wasn't helpless, she could take care of herself. A little excersize would be good for her~

Mind set, she bent into a crouch, heading toward the strange smell cautiously. It wafted from a little ways off the property, just out of sight of the cabin and the woods behind it. The trees were thicker here, untouched and dense with foliage of every sort. It made it hard to move quietly, even harder to keep aware as she attempted to hurdle the heavy laden pines without tripping herself up. 

Growing annoyed, she was about to turn back and give up on the strange vampiric-scent, when a chill ran down her spine, making her freeze and intake a quick breath. Someone was watching her... she was sure of it. The flowery scent overwhelmed her now, and seemed to come from all directions as she gazed around, a prickle of unease making her rigid.

"...." She squinted her eyes against the dark wood, searching for the source of her discomfort. ".... Hello....?"
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:40 pm

The vampiress watched from the shadows of the foliage around her like a cat watching its prey as the pregnant vampire wandered closer. The small vampire called out to her, the vampiress couldn't help but smile. 

She stepped from behind the cover of the trees, lowering her black hood and slowly walking forward,"Hello there, darling." She cooed, holding out her arms to show she meant no harm.

"Oh the rumors were true!" The woman paused for a moment before bowing," My name is Myra, darling." 

She peered up at Shylo, her eyes yellow and piercing, her short, dark hair in a pixie like fashion. Myra stood tall again, inching her way forward until her hands were on Shylo's face. 

"I never thought I would ever see the day..." Myra carassed Shylo's face, her eyes never leaving their gaze as her hands went down to stroke the pregnant vampire's stomach. She peered down as the stomach moved with her touch. 

Myra chuckled softly,"Oh.. This will do quite nicely, darling. Quite indeed. And who may I ask, is the father?"
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Shylo tensed as the vampiress showed herself, raising two fists defensively as she came closer. She didn't seem to be a threat though... quite the contrary.. her fists lowered and she relaxed a bit as the other introduced herself. 

"Shylo..." She returned the pleasantries, eyeing the vampiress as she drew closer. Shy didn't back away, but managed to flinch when her stomach was caressed, her own hand flying to the small bump. Something was... off... about this one-- Myra seemed to be friendly enough, her words and actions soothing Shylo and lulling her into a slight security, but something bit at the back of her mind, and she kept her guard up around the new female.

She blushed when she was asked about the father, pressing her lips together a moment. Something deep in her conciousness told her not to tell this stranger, some forboding she felt low in her gut. But, then again, what could be the harm...?

"H-His name is Abraham," She started, looking down at her stomach tenderly. "He rescued me when I was first turned, we live together now."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:10 pm

That was the other thing Myra had heard, something she wished was not true. She took a step back and shook her head slowly.

"Oh, darling. You say his name was Abraham right?" Myra looked saddened for a moment, shaking her head again. She put her hand to her head and wobbled a bit.

"Oh, I feel dizzy." She said, as she leaned against a tree. She took a moment to collect herself.

"Oh darling, don't you know what kind of man he is? He has done terrible, horrible things... Oh but I cannot tell you, you are pregnant and I mustn't worry you. Oh what have I done. I just had to open my mouth!" 

Myra pouted for a moment, shaking her head again.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:13 am

Shylo furrowed her brow as Myra swooned, watching curiously as she debated helping the other female. Her interest perked as she mentioned Abe, as if knowing him. How...? He seemed so careful and solitary. There was no way...

"What Abe has done in the past is his business... My own record isn't exactly void of blood," Shylo cut in curtly. "We both have out secrets, and I don't necessarily view that as a bad thing."

"We've all got blood on our hands, deary--it comes with our nature, but that's not what I'm saying..." Myra cooed, standing from the tree and sauntering over the Shylo again, a small plea in her eyes. "How long have you been together, hmm? Since your turning, as you said which was....? Oh, at least a couple of years now. And you bare his child!! So, naturally... he must care for you yes? Love you? Surely, he has said so thousands of times! Why wouldn't he...~?"

Shy took a breath at the others words, her tone obviously hinting at an unknown fear deep in Shylo's chest, whose break black mass reared its ugly head, teased into her concious thoughts by Myra's words. Of course Abe loved her... didn't he? She stared at the ground, hands nervously laid across her abdomen. 

"What?" The black haired temptress gasped, rushing forward to take Shylo's face in hers. "Oh, my dear girl-- It's just as I feared! His affection nothing more than a choice night of passion! And now look at you..." She glanced down at Shylo's belly once more, blinking at it sympathetically. 

"N-no!" Shylo growled, pulling away to glare at the woman. "Abraham loves me! I know he does. He... he was just never good with words, but I'm sure its there!"

Myra smiled, the sympathy in the gesture making Shylo's gut wretch. "Oh, of course darling~ My mistake. But, tell me... if he loves you so dearly, surely he'd admit it if you asked him~?"

"I will!" Shylo growled, anger and annoyance flaring out of the sudden fear that gripped her chest. She turned away sharply, trudging back the way she had come, toward the small cabin. As she left, a small chuckled followed her;

"Of course you will, love~ But, if it so happens he cannot, come find me again--Better to be in comfortable company than with a love-less brute~ I'll be waiting, dearest..."

-----------------

Shylo was shaking when she made her way back into the cabin, her eyes red with unshed tears and lungs gasping. What had she meant by all that? Of course Abe loved her! It was as clear as day! Then, her words rang in Shylo's head, clear and heavy; '...surely he'd admit it...~?'

'Thats what I'll do then...' She decided, taking deep breaths, bracing herself on a nearby chair. 'When he comes home, I'll ask him... and, if not... then...'

She gritted her teeth, shaking the thought from her mind. No, she wouldn't go there--couldn't go there. Abe loved her, and that was that; he'd admit it, and this whole ordeal would be over with.

Taking a few more moments to compose herself, Shylo sat shakily into the chair, letting her thoughts wonder as she waited. Her eyes trained on the door, she caressed her stomach--to calm herself, or the life inside her, she wasn't sure.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top