Yo.
Chatbox

Backup Cbox

This is a pain in the neck

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This is a pain in the neck

Post by adornoea on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:33 am

Carlisle had been on his way towards the house to check on Shylo when a familiar scent smacked his nose. He stopped dead in his tracks, his head spinning. No. No that can't be. It couldn't be. She was. She was dead. Wasn't she?

Carlisle spun around, his mind now on one thing, and one thing alone. He had to know it was real, he had to see if she was really still here with him. He made his way through the trees, picking up his pace. He stopped as he saw her, her hair was short now, she was taller somehow. 

Carlisle sucked in air quickly, he was still quite dizzy. She turned then, he eyes meeting his. "Oh dear, I wasn't quite ready to see you again." She muttered, snapping her fingers to some unknown force. 

Within moments, Carlisle was surrounded by vampires twice his size. Had he not been in such a trance, he could have taken them. He could only focus on her though, as the men carried him away.

---

Abraham had finished working for the day, at the rate he was going he would have just enough at the end of the month. He sauntered over to the house, only to find Carlisle wasn't there checking on Shy as promised, he wasn't anywhere nearby either. Abe shook his head, instantly pissed at the older vampire. 

He walked into the house, hanging his coat and dusting off his shoes. He glanced at Shylo, she seemed tense, he shrugged and sat at the table for a moment.

"What has you so on edge?" He muttered finally, perhaps she was just as pissed at Carlisle as he was.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Shylo blinked, her eyes darting to Abe as he entered the house, watching him as her took off his coat and sat at the table with her. A vivid blush colored her face when he asked what was wrong--somehow her always knew when something was off... was she really that obvious?

She bit at her lip a moment, glancing down at her belly with a sigh. How was she suppose to go about this exactly? Hmm...

"Nothing, really..." She lied, masking it with her next statement. "The baby kicked today." A smile parted her lips as she remembered. "He's so strong Abe--you should have felt it..."

Her crystal eyes glanced up to look at her lover, searching his face for some sort of reaction. Surely, he'd be excited, as she was?
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:09 am

Abraham raised his eyebrows at Shylo, nodding as she told them about her baby. Their baby.

"Oh did he now?" the vampire chuckled softly, placing his hand on Shylo's stomach for a minute. 

"When did we decide he was a .. he anyway?" Abraham shook his head, leaning over to gently graze Shylo's head before standing to make himself a pot of coffee. 

He huffed loudly as he got to the cabinet, it had appeared that Carlisle had used all of the remaining coffee grinds to do whatever with. Abraham shook his head, obviously disappointed, where was that man anyway?
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:41 am

Shylo blushed when Abe touched her belly, feeling the little life inside her shift at the contact. She smiled, enjoying the tender moment, no matter how short it was.

She laughed at his comment, "I don't know. I suppose we won't know for sure until we met him, or her... but, well... I feel like it will be a boy."

She stroked her belly again, smiling lovingly down at the pudgy bump. She glanced at Abraham as he rummaged through the cabinets, frowning as he shook his head, agitated. She hadn't drank any coffee since finding out about her pregnancy; It was supposedly harmful to some human babies, and though vampires were made of tougher skin, she didn't want to risk it. Though, Carlisle had grown a taste for the stuff... she sighed. She hadn't seen the older vampire since this morning, but assumed he was simply out running errands, or guarding the perimeter of their small homestead. Abe had been out quite often too... she'd hardly seen him for more than a few hours the last few nights.

"... So," She began, "What kept you out so long today? I've seen so little of you lately..."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:08 am

Abraham hesitated, he knew he couldn't tell Shylo the real reason he had been working for so long each day. He hesitated a moment more before shrugging, "Work. Someone has to bring home the bread." Oh. Wrong answer. But it was too late to take it back now. 

"I mean, Carlisle sure doesn't do much but take.." Abraham added half jokingly. He shrugged again, scratching his beard and knocking his boots on the table and going to change his clothing.

"Are you hungry? When is the last time you fed?" He asked, hoping to change the subject.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:26 am

Shylo's lip curled in an angry frown at his response. Work, hm? 

"Well, pardon et moi" She growled, "Perhaps I should find myself a job, monsieur--bring home some bread of my own. Oh, I'm sure the local taverns wont mind my condition. There's always someone with a fetish, I'm sure!" 

Agitated now, Shylo stood, holding her arms and pouting as she leaned against the window, glaring out at the as the sun set below the valley. She scoffed when Carlisle was mentioned.

"He helps where he can; guarding the house, taking care of the horses, taking care of me while you're away at 'work'..." she frowned again. So what if the older man enjoyed their home while he stayed? He kept her company, and quieted her fears about the baby, something he had hoped Abe would do... 

She glanced over her shoulder at the man when he asked when she'd last fed. Her appetite had grown enormously over the last few months; instead of making a single feeding last a month or two, she found herself ravenous after a week. It was exhausting going out all the time, and she'd be lying if she said she'd done so recently.

"I'm fine..." She murmured, stroking her belly again. "Just... upset..." her brow furrowed a bit, and she stared at her hands, lost in thought. "Confused... and terrified more than anything."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:33 am

Abe huffed, he wasn't feeling up to arguing at the moment, and was glad when the conversation took a turn. Something was off about Shylo, he could tell, though he wasn't one to pry. 

He waited for a moment before responding,"What is there to be terrified of, dear? Abraham stood now, walking over to the window to stand next to the pregnant vampire. He peered down at her, frowning. She was acting rather weird, something was most definitely off. 

"What is the matter with you, Shylo?" He asked, he touched her face gently.

"Surely, my bread comment hasn't upset you that bad, has it?"
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:45 am

Shylo laughed, though the sound was nervous, and didn't quite have the same ring as usual. She resisted the urge to press her face into Abe's hand, instead looking him straight in the face, her eyes searching his desperately. 

"Because I'm having a baby. Whats more, there are... others... who want my baby--want to take it away from me, and do god knows what with it... I haven't a clue how to take care of one, let alone how to do so while also protecting it from an unseen enemy..." Tears began to well in the young vampires eyes at this point, and her voice warbled as she spoke. "I'm terrified I wont be a good enough mother, that I won't be able to care for it properly. I'm terrified that I even let myself become pregnant in the first place. I'm terrified that... t-that..." She took a deep breath, opening her eyes to stare deep into Abe's with a desperate intensity. "That I've fallen so deeply in love with a man I barely know."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Abraham hesitated again, he had never really been good at expressing himself, not at least since his turning. He furrowed his brow at Shylo's words, breaking her gaze for a moment.

"What do you mean you're terrified? What do you mean 'barely know'?" He shook his head," It has been almost two years, has it not? I have yet to led you astray, right?" 

With each word, Abraham grew increasingly frustrated. He tried settling himself by taking a seat at the table, running a hand through his hair before pulling it up again.

"Do you not trust me or something? What are you getting at?"
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Shylo blinked at him, the tears brimming and spilling over as she turned away, gritting her teeth.

"I don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to men, do I?" She scoffed, remembering Alec. She looked back at the man sitting opposite her, heart sinking. "You're not exactly an open book, Abraham. I rarely know what you're thinking, and I know next to nothing about you or your past..." She took a shaky breath. "I'm terrified because despite all that, I still love you. I--Love--You--!! And I trust you more than you know. I just don't want to be hurt, not again... a heart can only take so much." She said the words slowly and deliberately, growing more and more desperate for a positive response from the man. 

'Please, just say it--say you love me!' She screamed in her head, begging him to dispel her fears.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Abraham shook his head. He wanted to say things, a lot of things, but he was never really good to speaking those things when it came time to do so. He hadn't the slightest clue of how to go about continuing their conversation, and he wasn't feeling up to arguing either. She had no idea how similar their fears were either. 

He shook his head again, staying quiet for another moment before speaking.

"I mean... you know I care about you, deeply, Shy. Don't be ridiculous..."

He hesitated, unable to meet her eyes," And.. If.. if you really want to know my past...I can tell you some of it. What I can recall of it, anyway.."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:52 am

'Why won't he look at me...?' She thought, her heart plummeting as the man spoke. 'He didn't say it... he's not going to say it. He cares, but... is it the same thing...? Why isn't he looking at me??'

Shylo's thoughts raced, and she held her breath a moment, trying to keep more tears from wetting her cheeks. She reached up to wipe at her face, shaking her head.

"No-- no, its fine..." she sighed, closing her eyes. "In your own time. I... I need some air for a moment, to calm down... I don't want to stress the baby."

Without another word, Shylo stood, grabbing her coat as she did and putting it on her shaking shoulders. She glanced at Abe, looking him over for a moment, before bending down to kiss his forehead lightly, her fingers caressing his face. Blinking at him as she pulled away, she turned and headed for the door, pulling her coat further around herself as she stepped into the chilled spring night. 

She shook, pulling the scarf around her neck up and over her nose as small drips of cold rain began to sprinkle the ground around her. Her  thoughts ran rampant, Abraham's word--or lack of--mixed with Myra's accusations of him confusing and scaring her into a small frenzy. What was she going to do?! She loved Abraham, and the thought of losing him made her gut wretch painfully--but, if he didn't return her feelings, could she stay? Stay and raise a child with a man who didn't love her...? A broken family...

She shook her head, trudging faster through the woods, breathing heavily as she let her senses open up--she hadn't fed in ages... perhaps a little hunting would clear her head.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Myra had been waiting for Shylo to come out the house, and as soon as she did, the vampiress was right behind her. A steady rainfall had begun, very fitting to the current mood. She could tell the other vampire was attempting to hunt, something Myra knew to be very complicated while pregnant. She watched silently though, waiting for the right moment to approach the woman.

She stayed hidden, keeping her body flattened mostly to the trees, she doubted Shylo could sense her, what with the hunger she was most likely feeling, as well as the random mix of emotions. Slowly though, Myra crept out from the shadows, her stride was confident.

"Do you need any help, young one? How are you feeling?"
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:41 am

Shylo jumped, her fists swinging around in defense as the other vampiress startled her. She stopped short when she realized it was Myra, blushing as she stood up straight. 

"Oh, its you," She huffed, taking a deep breath to calm herself. She hadn't expected to see the other vampire so soon--had she been following her...? She frowned when asked how she was doing, unable to meet the woman's gaze. 

"I... I was just looking for a distraction..." She murmured. "Abe and I... I don't think he-- ... I don't think we're working out..." She choked on her explanation, fighting back tears again. She hated showing such weak control over her emotions, especially in front of someone she didn't know. But, given the situation, and being pregnant and all, she found herself struggling to hide them. 

"I don't know what to do..." She sobbed suddenly, clutching at her mounded stomach as a silent tear rolled down her cheek.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Myra frowned, she tried to be as sympathetic as possible, reaching a hand out to pat Shylo's back.

"My dear, you are in such a terrible predicament. To love a man who knows not of how to love another. Oh how I wish there was some way I could help you..."

Myra paused, she waited a moment for Shylo to react and began speaking again, acting as if she had suddenly thought of something brilliant.

"Oh I have an idea. Hear me out, it may sound a bit crazy, but what if you came with me? I live much further south than here, but its much safer. There are good people there who could help you through your entire pregnancy. We would all make sure you and your baby were as comfortable as possible. I know it sounds crazy, but I assure you we would have your best interest at heart."

Myra backed away, a sympathetic smile placed on her face, she held out a hand to Shylo, coaxing her forward.

"Come with me, madam. I assure you will be in a better place than this."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:04 am

Shylo's first reaction was to refuse, tell Myra 'no' and go back... but, what did she have to go back to? An unwilling lover, and father...? What sort of life would that lead to? She shook her head, sighing in defeat. 

"Alright..." She sighed, steeling herself against the sudden rush of saddness. She was running... again--but, perhaps, this time is wasn't for her. She had more to worry about now... this would be good--for the both of them. Abe wouldn't need to pretend anymore...

"I'll come with you."

-----//TimeSkip//-----

They had left immediately, wasting no time.

Myra had taken her South, far South... Much farther than she had ever been. She asked few questions, not at all sure about her decision or her new companion. But... she figured she'd been through worse.

Now and then her thoughts wondered back to Abe, but she quickly dismissed them-- He would forget about her, she should do the same for him. Besides, remembering him only upset her, it wasn't good for the baby...

The two vampires had been traveling for days--weeks perhaps? Shylo had lost count...--and each day Shylo felt herself grow just a bit bigger, the life inside her just a little more active. Her baby was growing, it wouldn't be too long now before she'd see it herself. And they'd start their new life in Myra's coven, safe and sound.

"How much further...?" She asked her companion one day, she guessed close to a month after leaving her and Abe's cabin. She'd done well till now, fighting off the sleep that made her eyes ache, and her back sore, but the overwhelming fatigue was beginning to drain her.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Myra smiled, turning back from her horse to gaze at the pregnant vampire.

"We are here, my lady." She replied, waving a hand over the land as they approached a large Victorian-style house*, just outside of a rather large city down in the Florida keys. It was surrounded by other, smaller buildings, most of them farm houses, others worker houses. 

All around there were vampires of all backgrounds, some of them working, some of them sitting around, enjoying the weather. It was rather warm for what would usually be a rather cold March elsewhere. Myra nodded at the others as they passed, they bowed and waved, some even cheered at the vampiress' return. 

Myra smiled as they approached the house, dismounting her horse and helping Shylo inside. They were greeted by two other vampires immediately, each in housewife attire. Myra introduced them, explaining they would help Shylo feel at home at all costs. She smiled wider. 

"Make yourself at home, dearest. I have some work to attend to in the yard."

As the vampires took Shylo away upstairs, Myra walked into the kitchen. There waiting for her was none other than the same man who had informed her only a month ago at the bar. He was holding a case, and in that case was a very strong dose of ketamine, enough to make a powerful plow horse forget how to be a horse for a night. 

Myra gazed at the man with loving eyes as she kindly accepted the ketamine drug, which she then diluted with blood. She called for one of the housewives, and handed off the serum.

"Give this to her, I am sure she is dying of thirst... Also, prepare the birthing quarters." The woman nodded and scurried away. Myra turned to the man, she was still smiling.

"Get the others, we are going to have a baby!"

--------

Abraham had dozed off for a moment, rather a few hours. He had not rested his body for a few long months, and could no longer take it after the disagreement with Shylo earlier that day. He rolled over, expecting to see the woman in bed beside him, only she was not there, and her place was cold. He shot up then, and looked around, calling her name quietly into the darkness. Nothing.

He called again. Still, nothing. Abraham got up out of bed and peered through the window, the weather had grown terrible, rain flying this way and that way. He stepped away from the window, the realization of what happened finally hitting him. Shylo had left. 

Before he knew what he was doing, the vampire had thrown on his clothes, aimlessly tying his boots . He stopped at the door for a moment before deciding to bring his ax along with him. The rain hit his face in spurts the moment he stepped outside. He did not care. He called for Shylo. Still no answer. He tested the air, he could faintly smell her, but the scent was so weak, and with the rain, he was blinded.

Abraham began to run, fear wrapping its cold fingers around his rapidly beating heart. Why had she left? Why could he had not found the words to make her stay? Where was she now? Abraham ran faster. He was panicking now.

Suddenly, he tripped over something that had been laying on the wet ground. Abraham turned to see what it was, only to be disappointed as he saw Carlisle laying up against a tree. Frustration fueled Abe as he stepped over the man, pulling him up by his collar.

"Where is she?" he screamed. Carlisle murmured senseless words, he was cold and soaking wet, he also looked conflicted as to why he was sitting outside in the rain.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Abraham punched the man in his jaw, knocking some sense into the soaking man. Carlisle shook his head.

"I saw her..." he muttered. "She left.. she left with..Myra. She left with Myra and.. and we have to get her back. Now, Abraham. Now, we have to go now."

The life returned to the vampire's eyes as he sat up, taking a moment to compose himself.

"Who is Myra?" Abraham asked, releasing Carlisle's collar and stepping back.

"I will.. I will explain on the way." Carlisle stood, the rain beat down hard on the two men for another moment.

"Abraham." Carlisle spoke, his words much more composed now," Thank you for knocking the sense back into me, but if you ever hit me again, I will kill you."

(( This is what I pictured the house to look like..))
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Shylo sighed in relief as she was taken upstairs, the housemaids directing her to a roomy victorian-styled suite, the windows left up and a slight breeze running through the white and blue room. It looked just like a dream, and the woman felt herself becoming emotional as it brought back memories of her families' Costello in France. For a moment, her heart ached for home...

She excused the two vampires who had escorted her, mumbling a weak excuse of how she was tired, and could manage the rest herself. When they left, she went to the large window, gazing over the property, deep in thought.

It looked like a paradise. Everything about it screamed 'It's perfect' yet... Shylo couldn't help but feel like something was missing. Something was off... it just wasn't home. It wasn't her cabin in the woods.

The thought hit her like a bullet, and she tried to shake it away. She couldn't think about that place now, or the man who brought her there... this was her home now--it had to be. She had to think about her baby; They'd be safe here, Myra had assured it. Still... she ached for the woods.

She jumped as there was a small knock on her door, and a different housemaid peaked inside. 

"Excuse me, miss-- Lady Myra insisted you have something to drink," She bowed, placing a tall glass of red liquid on the nightstand just inside the door before scurrying away again. For a moment, Shylo thought it may be wine, before a small gust brought the smell of blood to her nose, and she felt her fangs elongate excitedly. She couldn't even remember the last time she had fed, and there was next to no hesitation as she darted for the glass, placing it on her lips and downing the entire glass greedily, careful not to let a single drop slip past her lips.

She sighed shakily, a small flush coloring her cheeks as the warm liquid filled her stomach, stirring and exciting the small life inside her as well. She smiled, patting at her stomach lovingly for a moment, before a wall of fatigue hit the woman, and she had to grip the end table. She gritted her teeth, furrowing her brow in confusion. Where the hell had that come from...? Ooh...

She felt her breathing grow heavy, and her head whirled as she forgot suddenly where she was, what time it was... As her conscious left her, she fell to the floor, hands gripped protectively over her stomach, her. Two thoughts flew through her mind as her vision went black; the first, was the safety of her unborn child. The other...

"Abraham..."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:31 pm

The wind beat down on the two vampires, as they tirelessly trekked down south. Carlisle, being the older and better traveled of the two leading the way. They had not said much, only a few words between them here and there. Abraham could not think straight, his mind was questioning everything that had happened to him over his lifetime. The main thing he wanted to know was: why.

Why had Shylo left? Why did she leave with Myra? Why did Myra want to take Shylo away? Why had he not said something to make her stay? Why could he not express how he was actually feeling to the woman he was sure he would give his life for?

Carlisle interrupted his thoughts then, he had stopped briefly and was staring back at Abraham.

"What?" Abe muttered, rolling his eyes impatiently. 

"There are some...things I need to tell you before we continue, Abraham. Firstly, Myra took Shylo because she is most likely looking to take her baby from her. You see... Myra was once my wife. She desperately wanted a child, and we tried. For many, many years we tried. But, finally, somehow, she became pregnant. But, Myra, being that she was a vampire, could not sustain the life within her, and the baby was soon lost. "

"This drove her mad, and she committed suicide over it a few weeks later...at least...I thought she had. Since then I guess she has been hell bent on getting her own child..."

Carlisle trailed off for a moment, Abraham burned imaginary holes into the other vampire's face," Second, there will probably be guards all around where Myra has Shylo. When the time comes, I will take care of them, you will go on without me, understand?"

Abraham rolled his eyes, muttered he understood and ushered the man forward. Carlisle nodded, and the pair rushed forward.

It was only a few hours later that they came in contact with Myra's proposed 'guards.' A mere ten vampires, though most of them were extremely tall and bulky. Abraham glanced over at Carlisle, raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" He asked skeptically. Carlisle nodded, the man now concentrated on the cause.

"Here." Abraham said, handing him the ax. The two exchanged another glance before Abraham cut through the woods, avoiding the other vampires.

He made his way through the dense foliage before pushing through and finding himself at the edge of a large field. At the other end lay a large, white house. Abraham inhale deeply, he could sense Shylo's presence all around him. There was no one else in sight. He could feel them though, they were aware of his presence. But they were also preoccupied with something else. Oh how he wished he had kept the ax.

Abraham broke out into a sprint across the field, bursting through the door of the house, startling a few vampires. He attacked them, in a full blown rage, snapping their necks and dragging their bodies along the floor before sprinting up the stairs two at a time. 

"Shylo!" He called, his breath catching in his throat as he inhaled again. She was right behind this door. She and two others. Abraham opened the door, and immediately froze. There before him lay Shylo, strapped to a bed with thick chains, blood pooled in small puddles under her. And there as well stood a woman Abraham knew too well, in fact, she had been the one to turn him into the monster he was today. 

His bared his fangs suddenly, his eyes large and dark as he hissed furiously at the woman.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:03 am

The dark haired woman looked up in surprise as Abraham burst into the room, his furious hiss swaying her none. At this point, he was only a minor annoyance... the drugs were administered, she'd have her baby soon.

She smiled at the man, her cool hands turning to run over Shylo's forehead. The cool touch made the bound woman moan softly, unable to fight through the drug-induced fog to pull away from her capture.

Myra chuckled softly, turning her cool gaze on the man as she spoke, "Ah, Abraham... I wasn't expecting you. Shylo and I were just spending some quality time together~ As you can see, she's in a rather delicate situation, so you'll have to excuse us now." She turned to the man at her side--the very same who had informed her about Shylo, and brought the drugs to undo the pour woman--and gave him a nod.

Smiling excitedly, the larger man sprang at Abe, growling viciously as he aimed his fangs at the other vampire's throat.

"I'll finally have my baby..." Myra whispered, smiling as she watched her follower go for Abe. "And isn't it just wonderful it'll be yours, Abe? After all these years. Almost storybook, isn't it?"

----------

It hurt...

Everything hurt.

But she couldn't move. Couldn't scream... The only thing she could do was focus on the pain. Everything else was a blur, her senses shrouded in a deep fog. 

"Shylo!"

Abe...? When did he get here? No... no, he should still be at home. He was supposed to have forgotten about her. But... she couldn't help but be relieved. He'd help her, wouldn't he? He'd stop it from hurting...

"I'll finally have my baby..."

Myra... That's right. She'd brought her here... and then-- oh god, the blood. There must have been something in the blood. Baby? Yes, her baby--thats what Myra wanted... No! 

Shylo fought; through the fog, through the pain. Harder than anything. She had to protect her baby... She had to! But it was so thick... No!! She couldn't give up...!

"Abe...."

She breathed, gritting teeth against the pain as it grew in intensity. Come on, just a little more!

"A-Abe...!"

She blinked her eyes, the darkness around them fading as the scene in front of her came into view; Myra over her, her hands and feet bound, and Abraham... Where was he?

She tilted her head slowly, gasping as even that slight movement racked her body in painful tremors. There! He was here! He had found her... 

"Abe!!" She rasped, calling as loud as she could to him, pulling weakly on her chains.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:25 am

Abraham could only dodge so much as the other vampire went again and again after his throat. He was also much stronger and bigger than Abraham, eventually one of them would tire out and Abe dreaded it would be him. 

It would not have happened as fast if he had not heard Shylo from across the room weakly calling out to him. Abraham stopped for a split second, muttering her name only to be slammed into the floor. He struggled against the weight of the giant man, but even with all of the determination he could muster, Abe was no match for the other's strength.

Myra watched in an excited daze as Abraham was beaten by her henchman. 

"Oh this is just wonderful, is it not!~" She glanced over at Shylo, and smiled,"Would you like to know how the two of us met? Abraham and I, I mean?"

Myra paused for a moment, watching as the man smashed Abraham's head into the ground repeatedly. 

"He and I were lovers once..." she trailed off again, as the man stopped, stood and licked the blood off his hands.

"That is enough. The idiot will surely die...Anyway, we were lovers. Abraham was so young.." Myra chuckled, stepping away from Shylo to stand over the mess that was Abraham. 

"I killed your family for you. Isn't that what you wanted?" She leaned down," I ripped your precious flower from its roots. Did you not enjoy it? I gave you eternal life. Why do you disrespect me so?"

It took all that he could muster to spit blood into the face of the woman who spoke so ill of him. She shrieked in response, and stood, sending a swift kick to his face.

"Shylo..."Abraham muttered, his words were weak, it was painful to talk but he tried anyway,"..I am sorry I couldn't protect you and our baby, Shylo.." He closed his eyes and winced as the woman rolled hers, kicking him again before turning around.

"Lets finish this shit, shall we?"
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:13 am

"MYRA!!"

There was a blur of movement as a large mass burst into the room, the glint of a bloodied axe swinging a well-aimed blow to the vampire's henchman. Before any in the room could react, the man's head rolled on the floor--the shock still etched on his face. A panting, bloodied and ruffled Carlisle stood over him, Abe's axe in hand, the blade of which still dripping with fresh blood.

The older vampire stood over Abe, fury in his eyes. He gripped the other man's shirt, picking him up roughly by the collar to hiss in his ear.

"Oh no, you dont!" He growled at Abe, "You're not dying here, damnit!! Not after all this! You've got a family to protect-- so do it!!"

Giving the man a good shake, he left Abe slumped against a wall, throwing the axe at Abe's feet. Carlisle then turned to Myra, a feral snarl curling his lips as he hissed at his former mate.

"Enough, Myra!!" He roared, stepping toward the woman. "This ends right now! I will not allow you to spread your pain any further!"

Myra hissed at the man, stepping back and toward Shylo. "You know NOTHING of my pain! The child is already on its way into this world, and this one will be mine, Carlisle! I won't let you take away my baby!!"

The older vampire hissed, launching himself at the woman, who stood her ground. The two went tumbling to the side for a moment, evenly matched as they wrestled on the ground in a spitting, fanged mess. The speed in which they fought made it difficult to determine who was winning, until they came to a sudden stop, Carlisle's hand on Myra's thought, pinning her to a wall. She spit and hissed at him, and he held her as best he could, looking over his shoulder at Abraham.

"Abe! Get Shylo out of here, damnit!!" He growled.

Shylo's consciousness had returned to her at this point, though now she found herself blinded by the immense pain that gripped her body. She pulled hard on the restrains, gritting her teeth against screams of agony as her abdominal spasmed and rolled with each contraction. What was happening?! No, no--it wasn't nearly time yet!! She couldn't deliver now, not yet!! 

A long, high cry of pain tore through her throat as pain seared mercilessly down her back. Oh, fuck!! God, please, make it stop!! She felt cold sweat on her forehead and cheeks, contrasted as thick, warm blood pooled around her thighs, making her wince. Fear gripped her as she felt her little-life begin to move drastically, spinning and crawling further downward. N-no...!!

"A-Abe!!" She sobbed, another contraction gripping her and making her scream. "Abe, the baby!!"
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Abraham was dreaming. Surely he was dreaming. The pain he felt as he lay on the floor in a pool of his own warm blood was all a dream. It wasn't a dream though. It was very real. He was going to die, he was sure of it. 

He closed his eyes as Myra turned around, preparing to do whatever she was planning to do to Shylo and the baby inside her. Abraham's breathing became shallow and strained. 

There was a sudden loud noise then, shocking the tormented vampire awake. He could barely see what was going on, only heard as what appeared to be Carlisle burst in. There was a whack and a thud. Someone had been killed, their head rolled next to where Abraham lay. He winced as Carlisle picked him up, shaking him around a bit, sending intense pain all throughout the vampire's body. 

He grew increasingly dizzy as he sat slumped against the wall. His vision was all a blur, but he could just make out Carlisle fighting the woman vampire, Myra. It appeared as if they knew each other somehow. Abraham did not know. His head spun, the room spun, the floor did a shimmy underneath him. 

Suddenly, Shylo was shouting. She was screaming and wriggling and calling for Abraham. At first, the vampire didn't understand what was going on. His head pounded, he could hear his heart bearing furiously in his ears. He gazed up, squinting. Shylo continued to call to him. 

Without really knowing what he was doing, Abe slowly got up, grabbing the ax and staggered over to where his mate lay chained to the bed. He inhaled deeply, the room was still spinning and his vision was blurry. He wanted to speak, but couldn't find his voice. 

"Hold still." He managed in a husky tone as he raised the ax over his head, bringing them down on each chain until the woman was free. 

He dropped the ax, rather let it slip from his hands and crash on the ground. His body was on manual overdrive. He had no idea what he was doing. 

In the next few moments, Abraham was over Shylo. He staggered for a moment, he had no idea how babies were to be born, but this one was coming, whether they were ready for it or not. 

There was screaming then, loud and piercing as Carlisle fought back Myra. The other woman wanted desperately to take the child as it was birthed. Carlisle shook his head in disgust, he would not allow it. Myra spit at him, kicking and screaming as the man held her throat tighter and tighter.

"No, Myra." His words were cold and piercing. 

Myra only struggled harder," Why are you doing this, Carlisle? I can finally have the child I have always wanted! WE can finally have the child we always wanted."

Carlisle contemplated her words for a moment, but shook his head,"No. That would be wrong. It is their child.." He glanced over at a bloody Abraham and distraught Shylo as they both tried desperately to birth the child.

"Don't you love me, Carlisle! Why don't you want me to be happy?"

The man swallowed, his grip tightening.

"I did love you, once. But I am not in love with you anymore, not with what you have become. You won't take their child. I won't allow it."

And with that, Carlisle brought his other hand to Myra's neck. He held it there for a moment, pain in his eyes. She shed a single tear, but instead of begging, she smiled, her neck was then snapped and ripped off of her body.  

Carlisle dropped the head of his once beloved and turned immediately to Abraham and Shylo as their child was birthed. The wounded vampire held the baby in his arms, unsure what to do as it started to cry. Carlisle grabbed the ax and detached the umbilical cord. He then handed a nearby blanket to Abraham, who wrapped the baby as best as he could.

The weary man stood away from the bed, holding the tiny life in his hands. He felt his eyes burn as tears filled them, and for the first time in a long time, Abraham began to cry. He knelt beside Shylo, he could barely see the baby or his lover in the bed beside him, but he could feel their presence. 

"It is a girl." Carlisle informed them, as Abraham passed the baby off to Shylo. He slumped to the floor, his head against the wall, and closed his eyes.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:59 pm

The minutes flew past the woman in an agonized blur. She remembered little of the ordeal... only pain, and fear... but Abe was there, she knew it. She could sense him through her labored haze, and the fear subsided. What most likely happened in mere minutes stretch to horrifying hours for Shylo--her body had not at all been ready for giving birth, and she felt as though she was being torn in two, a deep burning tearing her from the inside out until... it stopped.

Just like that, the intense agony fizzled and died until only a low ache made her insides rumble in discomfort. It was over... 

The vampire lay panting, gentle sobs racking her body now and then as her body rearranged and settled itself, her consciousness coming back to her. Then she hear it-- the crying. 

Her eyes flew open, just in time to see Carlisle cut something from her, and Abe swaddle a baby in a loose cloth. Her baby... Their baby. The tiny life cried again, and Shylo smiled. So loud! That was a good thing, right? It meant it was healthy, despite it's dramatic birth...

She saw her lover begin to cry, the tears rolling down his bloodied face causing her own. Oh Abe... Words could not express the feelings that welled in her heart for the man.

"It is a girl."

Shylo blinked at Carlisle, her fatigue causing the words to process slowly. A girl... a baby girl--their daughter~

She took the baby from Abe with another sob, craddling it to her chest as it cooed softly, its small face nuzzling against her warm skin. O-oh...~ She was so tiny... but so full of life! Shylo watched in awe as the babe pressed closer, and with a small realization, Shylo lowered her blouse and chuckled in amazement as the baby started to feed.

"She'll drink milk for the first month or so..." Carlisle whispered, watching the newborn with a tender smile. "After that, she'll start to drink blood as we do."

Shylo nodded, enraptured with her child, unable to take her eyes off her as the male vampire excused himself to search the room for various things; tender as the moment felt, things still needed attending too.. the new parent's wounds for one. 

The older male scurried through the room and house, returning with bandages, a pot of warm water, and a small pile of towels. Without a word, he went first to Shylo, cleaning her bed and body of the expelled blood and after-birth, and delicately changing her sheets and garments with a polite 'Sorry, excuse me...' here and there. When he was satisfied mother and child were taken care of, he turned to Abe, dabbing at the man's wounds with hot water and alcohol before wrapping them neatly. He frowned at the man's head wounds, running back to the kitchens to grab a bag of ice to soothe the throbbing and swollen skin. There was definitely some trauma there... but nothing the stubborn oaf couldn't recover from, he was sure.

Appeased for now, Carlisle pulled over a nearby couch to be closer to the bed, huffing as he picked the man up and laid him upon it, elevating this wound and that to allow the unconscious man to heal more quickly. Nodding at his handy work, he turned back to Shylo, smiling as he realized she'd fallen asleep. Exhausted, no doubt... Poor girl. The baby cooed and murmured against her side, nestled between her mother's breasts as it slept as well, the sight making a swell of emotion tug at the old vampires heart. 

He shook his head, unable to dislodge the smile, as he went about cleaning the bloodied room as the new family slept.

---------- The Next Day -----------

A warm breeze blew through an open window, tickling the bare skin on Shylo's cheeks and chest, making her sigh. She felt... odd. Empty somehow, but not uncomfortable. Something small wiggled at her side, and she furrowed her brow as a low whimper vibrated her breast. She opened her eyes, the midday sun blinding her for a moment, and looked down at her chest. She blinked, the events of last night rushing her as she gazed down at the beautiful face of her daughter. Myra, the blood, the chains, Abe...

Abe!

She searched the room wildly for a moment, sighing in relief as she spotted the couch pulled to the side of the bed, her love resting on it peacefully. She winced as she saw the amount of bandages covering his body, her heart aching for the man. 

"He took quite a beating, didn't he?"

She turned to the door as Carlisle entered, carrying a tray of new bandages and a glass of blood. He stepped to the bed, handing the glass to Shylo before turning to Abe, prepping to change some of the soiled bandages. 

"I've already checked it for poison, don't worry," He chuckled as Shylo eyes the glass mistrustfully. Nodding her thanks, she downed the glass quickly, sighing as it settled her rumbling stomach for the moment. She turned to watch Carlisle dress Abe's wounds, melancholy in her eyes.

"I swear I've seen that man in more bandages than clothing..." She murmured. 

Carlisle nodded, picking up a needle and thread to stitch a particularly deep wound over the man's chest.

"Abraham's lifestyle is rather prone to injury, that's for sure. But, then again, so is any man's when he has so much to protect," the older man shot a glance at Shylo and the baby pointedly. "Shylo... whatever Myra may have told you about Abe, in regards to his feelings for you... none of it was true. She would have said anything to get you to come with her, and take your child. The fact of the matter is, he loves you deeply. He just... hasn't quite found the means to say it yet. Give him time..."

Shylo frowned at Carlisle's words, guilt weighing heavy in her chest as she cuddled her infant closer, kissing softly at her head. None of this would have happened if not for her... she was the cause of it all--Ooh! If only she hadn't been so stupid and just believed in her mate!

She sighed heavily, nodding after some time, "I know he does... I've known it since the day at the pond." She chuckled, remembering the awkward encounter, and how mad they had been at each other. Still, the moment had sparked something in both of them, even if neither had realized it at the time. "Who wouldn't have done any of this if he didn't... and, if he needs more time... then, well, I suppose its the least I could do. He's done so much for me, for us..."

Carlisle smiled, finishing with Abraham's wounds and standing. "Well, now that that is settled, I'll leave you two be. He should wake up on his own soon enough... some of the previous house staff that weren't as loyal to Myra are still around, I'll gather them up and see if I can't convince them to stay. Step up from that willowy cabin, eh?" Chuckling softly to himself, the man left the room quietly, leaving Shylo to once again become lost in her child's presence. 

She stroked the babe's head lightly, kissing it tenderly before turning to watch Abe as he slept, her mind heavy with thoughts of the man.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Carlisle made his way silently through the house, he had spent most of the afternoon carrying dead bodies into the woods to burn. He had saved Myra for last, though he no longer felt any emotion over her passing. 

As he made his way out to the woods, he was joined by the remaining vampires, those who had been opposed to Myra but were still under her ruling before she had died. They talked briefly, a few of them wanted to move on, but the rest(five in total) agreed to stay. This house was all they knew, and they had felt bad for helping to cause such an innocent family so much pain.

Carlisle sent a few of them away to fetch supplies as he struck a match a set the pile of bodies on fire. He stood for a moment longer, watching the fire as it rose, and then left the rest to the remaining vampires. He made his way to the porch, gazing out as the sun began to set in the west. 

This place was nice, but they would not be able to stay for too long, a few months at most. Carlisle shook his head, he had a lot of thinking to do.

-------THE NEXT MORNING------

Sun burst through the window, and the luke-warm Florida air blew through. Abraham had been lying in the same place for two days now. His body ached, his mind was still fuzzy. He was filled with some sort of rage that he did not understand. 

Slowly, he opened his eyes. Realization of what had happened made him shoot up, "Where is she? I'll kill her!" He groaned as pain rippled all throughout his body, a firm hand forced him back down.

"Shut up. Myra is taken care of. Now quit that or you'll reopen your wounds...again." 

The voice was Carlisle, who had been attending to the hurt vampire when he shot up yelling. The man rolled his eyes, continued his work and then stood.

"You should take a moment to compose yourself. Then, when you're ready... there is someone here who you should probably meet..."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top