Yo.
Chatbox

Backup Cbox

This is a pain in the neck

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This is a pain in the neck

Post by Kyra on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Worry gripped Shylo's heart with each passing day. Abe hadn't waken up head... the wounds on his head were healing, but there was no way they could account for the damage done internally. Carlisle reassured her everything was fine, but still...

She'd spent the majority of her time distracting herself with her baby. Already the child was the entire world to her--she took after Shylo, it was obvious; blonde curls dawned her head, and though her figure was pudgy now, Shylo could tell it would grow to be lanky and thin as hers was. But, she had discovered some of Abe had managed to show as well; an oaky brown hung around her baby-blue eyes, and she guessed they would change over time to eventually envelope the whole iris in the chocolatey color. There was that frown too--every time her little one got upset over one thing or another, her father's stoic frown would distort her tiny face. Shylo couldn't help but laugh whenever it happened, of all things...

Though they were nearing the third day of the child's life, the woman had refused to name her. Not to say she didn't have anything in mind... simply that she wanted Abe to make the decision with her, despite Carlisle's badgering. For now, she simply referred to the babe as "La Coeur"-- Her Heart.

Now she sat with her baby on the porch outside the room she'd been staying in. Carlisle had found an old rocking chair in a guest bedroom, and had brought it up for her, which she was grateful for as she rocked her newborn in the warm spring sun. She listened nonchalantly as Carlisle redressed Abe, always on the alert for when her lover would awaken. It seemed so long ago since she had heard his voice...

A sudden commotion in the room made her jump, and she turned to see Carlisle pushing Abe back into the sofa. Her heart sprang forward happily-- He was awake!! The sudden motion of her body startled the child, however, and Shylo clutched her close as she began to cry.

"Shh... Hush now, la coeur~" She sang-song to her babe, rocking her to try and calm her again. "Hush little one... what will your father say if he meets you like this, hm~?"

Smiling softly, her infant's cries reduced for the moment to soft babbles and murmurs, Shylo stood shakily and entered the room, slowly making her way to the couch where her mate laid. 

She turned to Carlisle first, her eyes questioning.

Carlisle nodded, "He may need a minute to re-orient himself, but he's fine as far as I can tell; just a tad confused..." He finished with one of Abe's wounds, prodding the man gently to get his attention. "Don't you dare sit up, you hear? If I have to redo your bandages again before tonight I'll be pissed. Shylos here now... say hello to your daughter, Abraham."

Smiling broadly, her arms holding the babe out the slightest so Abe could see, Shylo knelt by the couch, bringing herself and their newborn in front of Abraham's eyes. She said nothing at first, simply waiting for the man's reaction...
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Daughter?

Abraham turned his head slowly, and frowned. He had a daughter? Had the baby already been born? Yes. It was coming back to him now. All of it, slowly. He smiled then, lifting himself up with his elbows, despite Carlisle telling him not to move. He inched closer to Shylo, until their foreheads were almost touching. 

"Hey there, little one." He said softly, gazing down at the small bundle. He attempted to gently run his hand over the tiny baby's head. Her hair was soft, and her skin smooth and pudgy.

"What is her name?" He asked, staring up now at his lover, their faces so close. He smirked at her, and shook his head, glancing back down at the child they had created.

"What is our daughter's name?"
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Shy smiled, happy tears pricking the corners of her eyes as Abe addressed their child. He remembered... for a moment, Shylo feared he would have forgotten about them--the brain was a finicky thing after all...

She shook her head, leaning in to kiss Abe's forehead delicately. "I haven't named her yet..." She murmured, caressing their daughter's cheek as she cooed gentle, wiggling happily at the touch. "I wanted to wait until you woke up..." She blushed the slightest, reaching her free hand to take Abe's in hers, silently expressing her concern for him, as well as how happy she was that he had finally come back to them. "I'd like it to be a french name, though, if nothing else. Something to remind her of her heritage, and mine, as she grows..." She smiled at her daughter, memories of her homeland flooding back to her. Perhaps one day she'd take her daughter to see it...~ "Fleur means flower-- and Claire means 'Pure'. I want the name to have some meaning to it... Then theres Adelaide, its a name for nobility in France-- Our little princess, hm~?" 

Shylo chuckled softly to herself, enjoying the tender moment between the two--now three. They came so rarely in her life, that when they did she almost hadn't a clue how to react. She guessed she was doing alright now though, judging by the amused smile she caught on Carlisle's face as he went about cleaning up his medical supplies before exiting the room.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Abraham nodded as Shylo listed off a few names she had thought of for their child. He really liked the name Adelaide and nodded in approval.

"Adelaide, hm? I like that name. We shall call her that from now on. Adelaide.."

Abraham gazed at their daughter, Adelaide, for a while longer before pain began spreading throughout his body. He groaned and laid back down, the room began to spin.

"Shylo. I am sorry, dear, but I can no longer concentrate. Can you ask Carlisle to bring me something to drink?"

Abraham winced, it felt as if his stomach was ripping itself away from his body. Not only did he have a headache, he had not fed in well over a few months. His ravenous cravings for blood had started to crawl up from under his skin.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:42 pm

"Little Ade...~" She agreed, pulling the babe closer to her chest. She frowned as Abe laid back, the pain clear on his face. "Of course, love..."

Kissing the man gently, she went to find Carlisle, pulling Adelaide's swaddle tighter around her as they moved through the house. She hadn't ventured far from their room in the last two days, not entirely sure of the quiet house after the initial incident with Myra and her coven. It seemed pleasant enough with less strange vampires around though...

She found Carlisle in the kitchens, washing himself after having dressed Abe. He glanced up in surprise as Shylo entered the room. 

"Shylo? Is everything alright? Hows the baby?" He quipped, his tone immediately concerned as he came to her, his hawk-like eyes looking her and the baby over.

"No, no--I'm fine, the baby's fine... It's Abe, he says he needs something to drink. I can't imagine when he fed last..." She murmured. 

Carlisle frowned, but nodded, moving to an ice chest where blood was being stored in multiple chilled boxes. It would have been better straight from the source... but he figured this would do. He poured the cold liquid into a large glass, and followed Shylo back upstairs to where Abraham lay.

"Drink up, then.." He handed the younger male the glass, stepping away. He pulled a chair forward and offered it to Shylo, who took it gracefully, before sitting on the bed opposite the pair. "So, have you thought of a name?"

"Mhm... Adelaide-- Ade for short...~" Shylo murmured, coddling her child as she slept peacefully in her arms. 

Carlisle hesitated for a moment, watching mother and child, before a soft warmth entered his gaze.

"I have to ask... would... would it be alright if I held her?" He asked, for once sounding naive and innocent regarding such matters. His eyes darted quickly to Abe, a flicker of doubt in them. "With permission, of course..."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:12 am

Abraham sat up again, he hands grabbed feebly at the glass. He downed it in one gulp, his stomach cried for more, but what he was given would have to do for now. He laid back down, his headache had dulled but his stomach roared in protest as it was not met with the savory liquid it so desperately urged for.

Carlisle broke the man's savage thoughts when he asked to hold their child. Abraham shrugged, it really was not up to him. Though he had yet to bond with the child, and a part of him felt that Carlisle could take his place. 

Suddenly, the man was hit with a great wave of disappointment. He had not been able to protect Shylo or their child. He had given up and was willing to let them both suffer. He closed his eyes, and crossed his arms as disappointment was filled with a questionable rage. He had been feeling inexplicably mad for a while since he had woken up.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:42 am

Shylo glanced at Abe, expecting his usual over protectiveness to prevent her from granting Carlisle's wish. A frown marred her features as he merely shrugged, and she absentmindedly handed Ade off to the older vampire, watching him carefully as he craddled the newborn. Satisfied her daughter was in safe hands, she turned to stroke Abe's cheek, catching his attention.

"Whats the matter?" She murmured quietly, her soft eyes turning concerned for her mate. As closed-off as the man was with his emotions, Shylo could still tell  when something was upsetting him.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:32 am

Abraham hesitated for a moment, he was unsure of how to tell Shylo how he was really feeling and settled with murmuring about how he was 'okay'. He unfolded his arms and began to sit up slowly. Carlisle gritted his teeth at the man, gently handing Ade back to her mother before pushing the man back down. 

Abe let out a hiss," I want to be able to do things for my family, dammit!" Abraham let out before he even realized he had spoken.

"I hate being defenseless and weak like this! I want to protect them, not have them be protected by... you!" 

Abraham sat up straight this time, ignoring the pain in his side and head. Carlisle did nothing to stop the man, figuring it would be best to let him throw his tantrum. 

Abraham growled," I am a man, this is MY family. I should be taking care of them, not getting myself fucked up with every.. turn.. I. TAKE." 

Abe was shouting now, his body began to shake as he was filled with a sudden rage.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:42 am

"Abe..." Shylo breathed, her brow furrowing as her lover raged against his caretaker. Her breath caught as his feelings spilled over his lips, making her frown as his voice grew with his rage. 

As Abe's voice echoed and roared through the room, she felt Ade squirm, and sighed as her small wails soon filled the room, startled by the shouting. 

"Shhh, Hush Adelaide~~" She tried to calm her babe, to no avail. She sighed in defeat, moving to sit next to Abe on the couch, nodding in thanks to Carlisle as he stepped away to give the pair room. She rocked her daughter gently as she cried, turning to address her love, "Do you hear her Abraham? Thats the sound of your daughter, alive and well. Because of you; Because you came, even when I was sure you wouldnt... I thought we'd die-- Ade and I both-- on that bed, but we didn't. Because you got here in time, because you protected us." She placed a gentle hand on her lovers face. "But you are one man, Abe. You can't take on the world alone, it's not possible. Thats why I'm here, and, yes, even why Carlisle is here." She leaned over to kiss her mate then, long and hard, letting him know through her lips just how grateful she was to him. "You can protect your family, you've already proven that a million times over. So, please--for us, for me and your daughter--let us protect you now while you heal, oui..?"

She pulled her child, her cries already beginning to calm, closer as she cuddled closer to Abe, gently pressing their foreheads together as she sighed happily.

"I love you, Abraham..." She whispered.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:24 pm

But you are one man, Abe. You can't take on the world alone.

Abraham growled softly, but leaned into the woman's soft touch. Why must she always be right? He settled down just as their child had. He inhaled deeply, emotion overcoming him.

"Why must you always be right?" He reiterated the thought, this time aloud. He placed a hand on her shoulder and drew them close.

Pain shot up his sides suddenly and he had started to feel light-headed again, the room spun, forcing Abraham to sit back on the couch. He took a deep, labored breath but smiled at Shylo as she spoke.

"I know." Was all he could muster.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Thu May 26, 2016 4:22 pm

"Because I'm a woman, and we tend to be," Shylo chuckled. She used a free hand to help lay Abe back down onto the couch, fluffing his pillows and bedding as best she could with one arm, trying to make her mate comfortable, meanwhile dismissing Carlisle to fetch more blood for him, a task he went about obeidiently; anything for Shylo, after all. 

When Abe was once again tucked and rested into the couch, Shylo took her place beside him, reaching out to stroke his face tenderly. A small smile on her face, Shylo carefully unwrapped her daughter from her swaddle so that she was in only her small night gown-like onsie. Bouncing her for a moment, she reached over to pull back the blanket covering her lover.

"Hold still..." She murmured to Abraham, before gently laying the babe on his broad chest, the small girl's head resting on her father's heart. The baby cooed and murmured at the sudden warmth of the man, and quickly relaxed against him, blue eyes flickering up to stare at him in wonder. Shylo's heart almost burst at the scene before her. 

"Ade loves you too...~" She smirked, placing the blanekts back over her love and her babe. As she watched the pair, her thoughts turned to the future, they couldn't stay here forever... and though she hated to admit it, the small cottage in the woods was beginning to become a bit small for their growing family. "Abraham, I... I wanted to ask you something." She started, unsure if it would be out of line to ask something like this of the man, especially after all that had happened over the recent months.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top