Yo.
Chatbox

Backup Cbox

This is a pain in the neck

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This is a pain in the neck

Post by Kyra on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:27 pm

"Oh, thank god!" Shylo gasped, her voice bordering a sob as she found Abe. She allowed herself to be pulled close to him, pressing her wet face into his shoulder, seeking reassurance that he truly was there, and not under her ex-lover's knife.

"I t-thought... You were gone, and he.. he said--Oh, Abe..." She couldn't find her words, the amount of emotions coursing through her head and chest rendering her speechless. Her fingers gripped at his clothing, knotting against the man's chest as she sobbed. It wasn't Abe... he wasn't after Abe... he was gone... 

Shylo repeated the mantra to herself, over and over as she reassured herself that Abraham was here, right in front of her--safe and sound. After a moment, the female vampire calmed herself enough to speak, though her eyes remained wet with unshed tears as she looked up at the man.

"A-Alec..." She muttered, "My partner, from the Elites.... He was here--he said he was hunting-- I-I thought he meant hunting you... He said... he said he didn't l-love me anymore..." A small sob interrupted her explaination, and she returned her head to Abe's shoulder in a weak attempt to hide the hurt in her eyes. "He wants to kill me, Abe..."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Abraham embraced the woman in his strong arms before pulling back a little bit," Alec? Who is.." His question was answered before he could finish. He stood for a moment, arms still wrapped tight around Shylo as she wept.

"Why would you ever love a monster like that?" He asked, before closing his eyes for a moment to breath. 

"No. No I won't let him kill you. He'll have to kill me before he ever touches you again."

"We can move. We can go right now. I know of a place we can go. Lucas can take over the shop now, he's been there for two years. We can start over in a new place. I can still train you too."

Abraham held the girl for another moment before taking her hand and leading her out, avoiding the party that still went on all together. He checked his pocket watch as they made their way outside, it was still two hours before Lucas would be back to pick them up. Abe did not want to wait though, and scooped Shylo up in his arms, running off into the woods before anyone else could see them. 

They made it back to the shop in only a few moments, Abe set Shylo on the ground, leading her into the house. Lucas was no where to be found, his scent was rather stale too. Abraham hesitated for a moment before heading upstairs.

"We need to pack anything important." He called from the top of the stairs," And then we need to leave."

Just then, Lucas sauntered inside, shocked to see the two back so early.

"What the hell is going on?" he approached Shylo slowly, before calling for Abraham, who came downstairs almost immediately.

"Family trouble" Abe explained to the young man, who looked confused," But.. you just can't leave me here alone!"

"I can. And I will. You know what you're doing Lucas, its about time you stepped up anyway." Abe glared at him and then walked back upstairs.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:00 am

Shylo was silent and still as Abe lead her away, carrying her home. She suddenly felt... exhausted... an odd sort of fatigue enveloped the girl, something she hadn't experienced since her turning. She supposed though, such events would make even a vampire weary. She rested her head against her mentor, trying simply to breath as he ran. 

The man's plan hadn't really hit her yet--everything was just going so fast. Leave? Leave where--no, no... this was his home- their home! They couldn't just leave--and poor Lucas, he was still so young to be left alone. 

"W-wait, Abe--" She began, making her way up the stairs to where the man was packing. "Please, wait--we can't just leave. Alec might not even be close enough to know about this place--for all he knows I was at the party for a social call. And even if he was... I couldn't make you leave everything you've built here. Please, listen to me..." She paused for a moment, looking down at her feet now as she spoke. Her words came slow, and careful--as if she weren't quite sure what she was saying was the right thing. "I... I don't think he knows about you--or this place, or Lucas--He only wants me anyway. I can't put you into danger like this. I could leave, just me... He'd follow me, leave you alone. You'd be safe."

She sighed, shaking her head. Feeling overwhelmed, she moved to sit on the small bed, and buried her face in her hands. 

"At least..." She murmured, peaking up at the man, her eyes pleading and desperate. "At least wait till the morning... we need to think carefully about this. Alec is smart--he'll expect me to run. He's probably watching for me, somewhere..." She shook her head, her tears suddenly returning. This was too much... she never asked for this. She'd come to this place in search of a cure. A cure that would save her so she could return to Alec. And now he wanted her dead--by his hands if he could have his way... now she was here, with Abe, speaking of being on the run again, just when she'd thought she'd found something like home. 

Breathing in deeply, she turned to the man--her mentor, her savior... and whatever else he was--a desperate plea in her watery gaze.

"Please... Give me a night, at least?" She whimpered.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:41 am

Abraham breathed for a moment, weighing his options. He did admit that he was jumping the gun with the whole "lets leave now" thing, but something inside him had stirred, something he wasn't sure he understood. Something that told him he must keep Shylo safe no matter what. He stood at the window, tapping his foot and looking out over the town. He had been here for so long, it would be hard to make a name for himself somewhere else.

"Fine." He murmured,"You will not leave this place though, unless it is with me. And with me only, do you understand?" He turned and faced Shylo, frowning at her. 

Something inside him told him to walk over to her so he did, bending over and placing a hand on her face. He stared hard into her eyes, they were so close now. He could taste her breath. He suddenly wanted to bridge the gap between them but feared it was the wrong time. He stepped away, glancing at the window before going down to tell Lucas that it was a false alarm.

------

It was later on that night, Lucas had gone off to bed. Abraham had kept his distance from Shylo, giving her space enough to think about all that had occurred recently. The male vampire had been in the bathroom downstairs, cleaning and redressing his shoulder wound. It stung when he touched it and he could barely reach. He sighed, admitting defeat and heading upstairs to ask Shylo for help.

"Okay, so don't be mad but... I came in contact with a man at the party tonight... a man who was a vampire... needless to say, the fucker bit the shit out of my shoulder and I... Can you help me or what?" 

((I am just going to assume that Shylo is still upstairs-hopefully..))
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:11 pm

((She is, no worries~))

Shylo leaned her face into Abe's hand, eyes closing as she relaxed at the contact. She felt as if the man had 180'd since the party, and the return of Alec. Having been so stand-offish and stoic before, she noted how concerned and gentle he was with her suddenly. Was this how he truly felt about her? He seemed genuine enough--perhaps his grumpy-old-hunter persona was just a facade he placed between them. Either way... she rather liked this newer side of the man. It.. comforted her knowing that someone cared. 

She watched him leave, blinking at the space he had left for a moment, simply letting her mind recoup. So much had happened... and now she had to plan her next move. But first...

She let out a breath and stood, beginning to disrobe. She adored the dress Abe had bought her--but after such a long night, it had begun to itch and she longed to be rid of it. She placed it gently back in its box, tucking it securely before closing the package and placing the box into a cupboard. She removed her shoes next, placing them on top before closing the cupboard door. Next she attempted to remove her corset, reaching behind her to attempt to untie the knot at the small of her back. She was still numb from the night's events, and her fingers fumbled uselessly behind her. She managed only to loosen the garment--At least allowing herself to breath a little easier. She eventually gave up, vowing to try again later. 

She stood like that for a moment, dressed simply in her lace and corset, before deciding against getting dressed again and instead moving to the window, her mind trailing. 

What was she going to do...? Alec was around, she knew that much... and he definitely wanted her dead. And Abe... he wanted to take her away, try to hide her from him. But, she couldn't let him do that. He'd spent so long here, taking care of this town and developing a reputation with the locals. And they couldn't leave Lucas--no matter how much Abe thought he knew, Shylo felt the boy was still far too young to be left to run a shop for more than a weekend or so... No, Abraham had to stay here. But if she stayed with them... Alec was sure to find her, and the farm. And that meant he'd try to kill all of them, and if Shylo knew Alec at all--he'd succeed...

She closed her eyes, shaking her head in distress. She reached up to let her hair down, running stressed fingers through it until it rained gently around her shoulders in soft ringlets. She tossed the majority of it over her shoulder, reaching up to play with the ends of it--a nervous habit of hers. She was standing in this manner when Abe came up the stairs, and she turned to greet him.

She stared at the bite on his shoulder for a moment, brow furrowed with both concern and a small but of dissappointment. It hadn't taken her more than a moment to put two and two together.

"Was that why we went to...?" She began, before shaking her head. She didn't want another fight... not now. Instead she sighed, pulling a chair forward and patting it gently, indicating for Abe to seat himself. "Merdi--nevermind... sit down, I'll have a look." She moved to the small dresser in the corner of the room where she kept her bag. From inside, she pulled out a smaller package containing various first-aid supplies; bandages, needle-and-thread, ointments and the like. She brought the supplies back to Abe, and began to look over his shoulder at the bite.

"After I'm finished, though..." She blushed slightly, feeling awkward to ask for help. "Would you help me with this damn contraption around my waist? I couldn't reach the knot..."

She examined his wound expertly. When she had first started training with the Elites, she'd been assigned to a nursing detail, dressing and bandaging similar bite and scratch wounds. The one Abe had gained was deep, but clean. Whomever had initially cleaned him up had done a fair job, and it would help it heal faster. She went to work, running a first a damp towel over the bite, before reaching for an ointment from her bag.

".... I'm sorry...." She murmured into the silence of the room. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen... Especially not to you. You've been so kind to me, training me and letting me stay here... I feel as though all I've brought to you is trouble and pain..." She sighed, turning next to place the bandages on, ensuring the ointment would stay on long enough to take effect, as well as stop any bleeding that may occur. "You shouldn't have my troubles on your shoulders. I should have told you about Alec, a long time ago. I suppose I was just... scared. I'm still scared. I don't want you to get hurt trying to protect me from my past..." She swallowed hard, looking away to fiddle with some more bandages. "I care for you, Abe. I don't want anything to happen to you..."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:47 am

"Nothing will happen to me." Abraham said, he kept his voice confident even though he was a little uncertain.

"And don't blame yourself for anything. It's not your fault I am what I am. My troubles were brought on me the moment I turned into this..thing that I am now."

He was silent as Shylo finished dressing his wound, it hurt less now than it did when he had first gotten it. Abraham stood as she finished and walked around her to help untie her corset.

"Don't slap me if I accidentally touch anything." He joked as he undid the knot. Slowly, more and more of her skin became exposed until finally, Abraham could see her entire back. He reached a hand out, hesitated for a few moments before going through with it and placing his hand ever so gently. He let his hand run up the length of her back until they stopped at her shoulder. Abe hesitated again, not sure what he was feeling or whether or not Shylo would react the same as she had before.

He placed his lips at the base of her neck, applying as little force as possible. He could feel his heart hammering away, they were so close. He paused, deciding to stand up and face Shylo. His face turned a light red as her front came into view. Even though he had seen plenty of topless women in his day, nothing could compare to the way he felt now.

He grabbed her face like he did before, his breath was heavy and his mouth dry. He leaned in closer, eyes locked on hers, before placing his mouth on hers.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:15 am

Shylo blushed at his small jibe about her slapping him.

"Sorry for that too..." She pouted, closing her eyes as she felt the man at her back. She breathed evenly as her corset was removed, enjoying the freedom. She gently threw the retched thing to the side, before freezing under Abe's touch. 

She didn't pull away... she didn't want to. She enjoyed how close he was... A small shiver followed his fingers up her spine, ending as his hand rested on her shoulder. When he pressed his lips against the base of her neck, a small gasp escaped her lips, the feeling like a shock of lightning in her veins. 

She suppressed more shivers as he moved to stand in front of her, red-faced and hesitant. Again, she leaned her face into his hands as he caressed her cheek, relaxing at his touch. Her eyes were soft, doe-like, as he gazed at her. She remained still, allowing him to lean in and place his mouth on hers. He inhaled deeply through her nose, closing her eyes. It was different from before... something had changed--whether something within Abe or herself, she didn't know. Probably both. There was.... something more here... a feeling she had thought she'd understood until now. 

It was Shylo's turn to be hesitant now. Brow furrowed with uncertainty, she leaned into the kiss, her lips trembling against Abe's. She'd done many thing with men before, yes... but this felt different somehow--new. Abe was different. 

Her hands reached forward, placing themselves upon Abe's bare chest, reveling at the tone of the man. Slowly, the traveled in opposite directions of each other; her left moved upward, brushing over the man's shoulder, and onto back of his neck before resting there. Her right hand was more adventourous--from the man's chest it moved downward, her fingertips dancing over his the skin of his abdomen and stomach, before reaching around to rest between the small of his back and his hip.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:30 am

Abraham inhaled deeply as Shylo ran her hands down his stomach, she was a bit cold to him, but he didn't mind it. He kissed her harder, his hands intertwining themselves with her long hair. His heart pounded. What were they doing?

Abe stepped closer to the woman, his arms falling from her hair to her neck, then shoulders, until finally he has his hands under he arms. He picked her up, gently laying her down on the bed before getting over her and kissing her again. His mouth went from her mouth to her neck, where he stayed for a moment, teasing her with his fangs. 

He hesitated for a moment before letting whatever was fueling him take over, placing a free hand on her chest. He had never really done anything like this before with another woman, at least not willingly. Now though, his sensations were heightened and he was thoroughly enjoying how soft her cleavage felt beneath his toughened hands. He kissed her neck a few times more before making his way down to her breasts, kissing them a few times each. 

Abraham's heart pounded beneath his chest. He paid no mind to himself now as he gently suckled Shylo's nipples. Her movements and noises excited him, making him feel warm all over. 

He went back to kissing Shylo's lips, harder than before, but suddenly stopped for a moment, looking down at the woman.

"I have to admit something.."He started,"I have ... I have never done this before, so I am not sure how this is supposed to work." He admitted, looking across the room momentarily. 

He was excited and enjoying himself, parts of him were warm and ached for attention.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:52 am

Shylo's breath caught as the man picked up the pace, groaning as he moved her to the bed. Whatever hesitance had been there was gone now--and she didn't miss it in the least~ 

She gasped, rolling her head back with a shutter as Abe teased and pricked her neck with his fangs, her own elongating as her excitement mounted. Her face blushed rose when he placed a rough hand on her breast, the contact making her wiggle beneath him. Oh, my~ her shivers of pleasure increased in frequency as his hand was aided by his mouth, suckling and pleasuring her further. 

"Mm~" She hummed, against his lips as he reached to kiss her again, her hands gripping onto his upper-arms for the moment. She blinked up at him as he stopped, confused for the moment. Curiosity soon replaced it, and she smiled at the man, eyes smoldering with need.

"Well... If you'd like, mon amie, you could keep exploring for yourself," she purred, wriggling under the man in a teasing manner. "Or, if you'd prefer--I could show you what I know~"

As the words dripped from her mouth in a seductive purr, Shylo's hands moved away from the man's arms to travel once again down his body. She arched her fingers along his back, lightly scratching the skin over his sides. She leaned upward, pressing her lips to his again, as her fingers dipped innocently into his dress-pants, beginning to push the article off his hips. She peeked at Abe's face through her lashes, waiting for his choice.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:12 am

"I'm just trying to..go with what I feel..but it's all so..new." Abraham murmured as he placed his lips back on Shylo's. She had placed her hands inside his pants and was beginning to pull them off, he aided her, wearing nothing but his trousers now. His face turned slightly red again, glancing down at himself and realizing how excited he had gotten.

The vampire went back to kissing Shylo's breasts, using his fingers to lightly stroke her inner thighs. A big part of him wanted no article of clothing to be in between them, but another figured it was best at the moment. He soon gave in, kissing further down he stomach before tugging at her garder with his teeth. He looked up at her as his hands rubbed her thighs, she was so intoxicating.

Abraham removed the remaining articles delicately, before going back to kissing her lips again.

" Please lead the way." He muttered softly, pressing himself closely to the woman, their skin touching and his body parts reacting. He allowed his hand to roam as he waited for Shylo's commands, feeling between her inner thighs.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:18 pm

The girl bit at he lip excitedly as Abe helped her with his bottoms. A similar blush colored her face as she glanced down at the mans self. Well, she supposed that meant Clarissa wasn't a liar~

Her blush deepened, and she gasped as the man bit at her garment, pulling it down and off her legs, leaving her bare beneath him. She shivered, her thighs parting underneath his fingers.

"For someone new to this," she whimpered, squirming under his fingertips, "You don't seem to be doing so bad~"

She kissed the man deeply, her hand moving to his hair. She made short work of the tie that held the locks into a bun, before running her fingers through and knotting them there. It was surprisingly soft... not coarse and brittle feeling like most men's. She gently tugged the strands, running her fangs along the man's lower lip as she did so.

She purred as he told her to take over, excitement getting the better of her. This was Abraham's first time--she wanted him to enjoy it. Wanted him to remember her, always, remember this night with her, if nothing else. She pulled her lips away from his, their cheeks caressing as she moved to his neck. She ran the tip of her nose along his jugular, her mouth trailing kisses and nips down his throat. Her free hand move from it's place on his hip, trailing her nails down the line of his pelvis and toward his growing excitement. 

"Mmm~~" She hummed, sucking gently on his neck now. Her fingers circled his pelvis slowly, teasingly. For a moment, she contemplated making his beg to be touched--but decided that may be taking it too far. Another time, perhaps~ 

Opening her eyes to glance up at the man, Shylo gripped him loosely, her skilled fingers gently massaging and stroking. Her heart thumped harder in her chest as she did, the act exciting her just as much as she hoped it did for Abe.

Whimpering wantingly against his neck, she angled her hips upwards, pressing the apex of her thighs into his hand as his fingers continued to dance between her legs.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Abraham moaned deeply, his mind clear of any thoughts beside the one thing. Every time Shylo touched him, he rose further with anticipation and longing. He had never done this willingly with another person before, and now his excitement was getting the best of him. 

He removed his hand from between Shylo's legs, and wrapped it around her back, pulling her up closer to him. He kissed and nibbled her neck before returning to her mouth. Running his tongue along her bottom lip, he pulled her ever so closer to him, finally closing the gap that had been between the two.

Abraham withdrew air quickly, his head began to spin as his entire body was enveloped in a rush of something warm and constricting. For a moment he didn't know what to do, gripping Shylo closer. He groaned before thrusting himself further. He repeated the act a few times, his hands loosening their grip to wander over the length of the woman's pale body. Breathing heavily, he pressed his lips to her neck, kissing her mouth and forehead as well.

He slowed himself before finally reaching the apex of the act. His body shivered and filled with warmth again. Abraham slowly pulled himself away from Shylo and rolled onto his back. He focused on catching his breath before turning his head towards Shylo. He said nothing, only examined her, his eyes pale and wandering. 

Abe only stared at her for a moment longer before pulling Shylo into his arms.

((He has her with her back turned away from him...))
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:15 am

Shylo arched her back willingly as his arm pulled her closer, the hand she had in his hair holding his lips to her neck. She groaned, a shutter of ecstasy passing through her as he nipped and teased her lips. 

"A-ah~~!" She cried softly, her hips flexing upward as he entered her. My, was he eager! She bit her lip at the feeling, trying to quiet herself as he thrust into her mercilessly. She kissed him back, though softly as if in a haze--she found that her head had trouble keeping up while in such a state. At the moment, all she could focus on was the rising warmth between the two, her breath turning heavy and rugged as she panted against his shoulder.

She moaned quietly as she felt him climax, her legs gently squeezing his hips before he rolled off of her. She shuttered there for a moment, letting her lungs and mind play catch-up as they finished their act. 

"Mm...~" She purred as she was pulled against the man's chest, enjoying his warmth on her back. She snuggled closer, a smile curling her lips. She remained silent as well, finding a simple comfort in his embrace, her snowy skin glowing in the after-light of their contact. She laid a hand over the one Abe had draped over her waist, brushing his knuckles with her fingertips rhythmically. 

After a minute or so, Shylo turned her head, glancing over her shoulder at Abe. She met his pale eyes, her own blue watching him curiously. What had they just done....?

The girl hadn't minded it, no--rather enjoyed the attention, actually. But still... what an odd time for passion to strike the both of them. Is this what had been bubbling underneath the surface the past few weeks? And, was it simply sexual tension between the two, or... something more? The thoughts made her dizzy, she she mentally shook them away. Sighing through her nose, Shylo turned in the man's arms until she faced her mentor, burying her face against his chest. She rested her hand on his side, and began to steadily kiss his chest and neck. Just soft, sweet caresses, nothing meant to excite him again. Just... to maintain the feeling that now surrounded the pair. 

".... What are you thinking about....?" She murmured against his neck, curious to know what was running through the man's head.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 am

Abraham's brow furrowed, he had been staring off into space when the question arose.

"When I was younger.."He began, pulling up the quilt and covering the two of them,"...much,much younger, my mother used to make us the best bread. One day, I asked her if I could help, and being the person she was, she said yes. Of course, I had no idea what I was doing, and ended up adding way too much of something. I was so worried I had ruined the bread, but she assured me it was just fine.."

Abraham gazed down at Shylo, a small smirk appearing on his lips," Of course, in retrospect, she could have just as easily replaced the ingredients the moment I went out into the field with my father."

Abraham paused for a moment, letting his mind wander off,"I don't think I have ever felt as tired as I do now." He closed his eyes for a minute, reflecting on everything that had happened before simply letting his mind ease off.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:38 am

Shylo smiled at Abe, his story calming her. She rarely, if ever, heard of the man's previous life. Of when he was younger, human... It reminded her of her own past--not of her life as an Elite... that one was behind her, long gone. But of her home--her family in France. Her sisters, mother and father... A pang suddenly entered her heart as she ached to be home. 

She looked up at Abe as his eyes closed, her smile returning. She reached forward to gently tuck a loose strand of hair behind his ear, revealing his tired-looking face. Did vampires sleep...? Not nearly as often as humans... in the year she'd been one, Shylo had never drifted off for more than a minute or two--hardly a length long enough to call sleep. But, she supposed, everything needed to rest now and then.

She remained quiet for a moment, her own mind wandering. It wasn't long, however, until they looped away from happy thoughts of home, and to the unpleasant reality of her ex-lover; Alec. He was still out there... still hunting for her. His appearance at the party only confirmed her fears. She cuddled closer to Abe, a protective arm wrapping around his barreled chest. If Alec found her here, he'd find Abe... he'd try to kill them both, she was sure. She knew Abe wanted to protect her, willing to put his life on the line for her--but that was just the problem. Abe was skilled, yes--but he was competing with the most skilled vampire hunter the Elite's could offer. Alec was nothing short of being bred to kill vampires like him... like her...

Her mind was made up. She had to protect Abe... as much as it pained her--it was the only way to keep him safe. She choked down the well of emotion that threatened to wet her eyes, instead letting a small cough rack her body. 

"Sorry--" she coughed again, sitting up and covering her mouth. "I must have something in my throat... I'll fetch some water." She looked down at the man, the smallest trace of the emotions ripping through her chest appearing in her eyes. A small plea, and an even smaller goodbye. "Wait for me here, yes? I'll only be gone a moment..."

Without waiting for an answer, Shylo leaned down to kiss the man, the act longer and more desperate than she intended. Blinking at him, she stood from her place on the bed and made her way to the dresser, quickly dressing herself in her usual tunic and leggings, before disappearing downstairs. She took nothing with her, save for her blade already attached to her belt--she wouldn't be needing much anyhow...

Once downstairs, she paused, glancing around the room hurriedly. She'd need to be quick... She found what she was looking for; an old journal Abe used to keep track of orders. She took the book up, tearing out one of it pages and scribbling out a note;

I won't let him hurt you. 

~Shylo

She couldn't help it as silent tears rolled down her face as she placed the note on the table. She blinked at it a few more times, before nodding and heading for the door. 

She made her way silently into the yard, toward where Lune was quietly grazing under an oak tree. She hushed him, urging her stead to stay quiet as she mounted him. She looked to the house one more time, taking in its every feature and committing it to memory. The cracking stone walls, the smell of iron from the shop, the creaking doors and windows... and from the second story, a lone candlelight shining into the night. 

"Au revoir, Abraham...." She whispered, clicking gently as she urged Lune forward and away from the house. 

------

Shylo rode fast and strong, heading the opposite direction from the town, and into the wilderness. She needed to get as far away from the house as possible... if Alec was indeed following her, there was no doubt he was not far behind her now. It didn't take long for the overwhelming feeling of her being watched for the woman to slow her horse, her senses on alert as her gut told her something wasn't right.

Eventually, she got off her horse altogether, letting Lune wander beside her as they continued. 

"Bonjour, mon amie~"

Gasping, Shylo had barely a moment to roll to the side as a figure cloaked in black flew at her from behind a nearby tree. She heard Lune whinny in fear, the sudden appearance spooking the horse and causing her stead to turn and run back the way they had come. 

"Merdi!" She hissed, drawing her knife as she turned back to the figure before her. She hissed as he pulled back his hood, revealing the snarling face of Alec. 

"Took you longer than I expected, but here you are~" He laughed, pulling his own blades from his belt, flipping them into his hands skillfully. 

"Kind of you to wait for me," She growled, sarcasm dripping from her fanged lips. She moved into a crouch, readying herself for his advancement. Typical of his nature, however, the man simply circled her, gloating as he went. 

"You left the party so quickly, I didn't have a chance to ask where you'd been staying all this time," He went on, "Been nearly a year since we spoke last--so naturally I was curious. But I have my means... quite a lovely little farm you've cozied up in, isn't it?"

Shylo's heart plummeted. He knew--he knew about the farm. He had followed her home! The bastard... She took the liars route.

"I've been there no longer than a week," She spat. "Sorry to disappoint, but the place means little to me."

"That's not what I heard~" He sang-song, smirking now. "Word is, about a year ago, a lovely young maiden came to town, rescued from an abusive husband by her cousin--Mr. Whitley, was it? I assume him to be that brutish man you've been keeping warm lately, hmmm?"

Shylo blushed, panic settling deep in her belly. No... No-no-no!! How did he know all this? How long had he been watching them?! Her breathing was rugged now. No... she had to protect him. Protect Abe, and Lucas, and their home.

"You leave him be, Alec," She hissed, her fangs elongating as she readied her blade. "Abe is a good man, he hasn't hurt anyone! It's me you want anyway--not him!"

"Oh dear," Alec taunted, sauntering closer. "Have I hit a nerve? Am I to believe you've developed feelings for him, Shylo? And here I thought, you'd stay loyal to me. To the Elites. But, my mistake--I suppose monsters hide with other monsters after dark. You always were a conniving little slut, weren't you? First me, then Bernard, and now poor Mr. Whitley. Wonder what your latest victim will think of your shameful ways, eh? I'll be sure to tell him when my blade pierces his heart." He laughed again, readying his own knives, one in each fist. "But first... I want to hear you scream."

Suddenly, the man lunged for her, swinging a dagger first at her middle, then at her throat as she dodged. Shylo had become rusty during her training with Abe--focusing more on being a good vampire than a good fighter--and soon it became all she could do to keep his blade from piercing her skin. They danced through the trees, blades swinging and slicing through the air, nearly missing each other as they fought. Soon, Shylo was panting, backing further and further away Alec as she moved to the offensive position. 

'I can't keep this up forever...' She thought desperately. 'If I'm to end this, it has to be now. Abraham... I'm so sorry....'

With a screech more in likeness to a mountain lioness than a woman, Shylo swerved around Alec's blow and attempted to drive her dagger into his side, aiming to pierce his rib cage and effectively puncture his lungs. His death would be slow... painful... even if he lived, he'd be weakened permanently. Hopefully enough to leave her alone, forever.

At the last moment, though, the man lifted his knee, sending the woman off balance just long enough for him to reach a blade around rip it across her stomach. She cried out, the pain in her side ablaze with agony, and she crumpled to the ground. She gasped, dropping her blade and wrapping an arm around her midsection. The cut wasn't deep enough to have pierced any major organs... but it was bleeding immensely, the warm, wicked liquid flowing from her and spilling onto the grass. She groaned, already beginning to feel weak. She collapsed completely, laying on her back as Alec kneeled over her. 

His eyes were crazed as he stared down at her, his bloodied knife twirling excitedly in his hand. 

"Say goodbye, Shylo Lemone--I'll be sure to give Old Abe your regards..." He mocked. He lifted his dagger, using two hands to steady the blade above her heart. She feebily attempted to avoid it, but he had a knee on her shoulder, pinning her to the ground beneath him. 

"See you in hell..." He growled.

"N-No...." She whimpered, shutting her eyes. This was it... she was going to die.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Abraham knew something was wrong with Shylo the moment she got up to 'get some water.' He could sense something was amiss, just by the way she kissed him goodbye. The moment she left the room, Abraham got out of bed and walked over to the window. He watched as she got onto her horse and the pair trotted away. He shook his head, inside his heart hurt. Why would she does this? Why would she leave him?

He made up his mind, he was going after her. Maybe he could talk her out of whatever she was thinking. Abe grabbed his axe on his way out, deciding to go on foot, figuring risking his horse's life wasn't worth it. 

He followed rather far behind Shylo, letting her scent lead him to her rather than sight. Something was amiss though, and he soon realized that he wasn't the only one following the woman, only this person was much further ahead than he was. Abe scaled a tree and looked forward, the woods had gotten less dense in the cold winter months. In the far distance, Abraham could spot a man, the same man he had passed at the party the night before. 

Abe felt his heart quicken in pace, Shylo could very well be in danger. It had begun to snow, Abraham continued on, leaping from the branches as fast as he could. He managed to get close enough to see the man knock Shylo to the ground and raise his knife to stab her. The vampire let out a low hiss before flinging himself from the tree, axe in hand, and landing on top of the man.

He ripped the man from Shylo, digging his nails into his skin as he did so, and threw him up against a tree. Abe had let his vampire instinct take over, feeling nothing but rage and letting that fuel him as he ran towards the man. He punched him a few times in the gut before taking a few hits and a knife stabbed in himself. Abraham spat at the man, paying no attention to the pain, cursing at him under his breath and revealing his fangs.

"I don't know who you think you are..." He began, wiping blood from his face, "...but you come onto MY land and try to run things? Do you even know who you're messing with?" 

Abraham shook his head before lifting it back to let out a hearty laugh, "You are about as stupid as they come." 

He gripped his axe so tightly the chipped wood on the handle began to eat at his hand. He lifted it and swung, hitting the man's leg multiple times. When he was sure he had hit him enough, the vampire stood, staring at the bloodied man before turning on Shylo.

"You left me." His words were as cold as the snow that had begun to fall faster all around them.

"I told you not to leave... I gave myself to you... and you left me." Abraham stared at the ground, refusing to look at Shylo were she lay.

"Get up, Shylo. We're going now." He said, low enough for her to hear.

"I'm tired of cleaning up after others and getting nothing in return." He added harshly, spitting at the man who laid bloodied in the snow.

Abraham sauntered off without saying anything else, gripping the bloody axe in hand.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:39 pm

((I'm on Mobile, I'll have to fix the typos later.))

Shylo gasped as the man ontop of her was suddenly ripped away, the movement jolting her and sending a shock wave of pain through her torn gut. She opened her eyes with some effort, watching with a mounting panic as she was Abe, axe in hand as he went after Alec. She tried to sit up, grasping her side in pain, looking on helplessly as the two fought.

She turned away, bile rising in her throat, as Abe cut at the other man's legs, rendering him a bleeding mess. She was shivering now, her blood loss and the heavy snow sapping her body heat from her mercilessly. She looked away as Abe addressed her, guilt and hurt gripping her heart. She'd only left to save him from pain... She hadn't meant to cause it. Not to him...

She stood shakily, still holding her midsection. The bleeding had ceased, but it still ached as it attempted to heal. She thought of asking Abe for help, but decided against it. What was she going to tell him...?

She looked at the man's back, squinting against the storm at this retreating figure.

"Abe..." She called, her voice hoarse and thick with blood. She coughed up some of it, spitting it out onto the side of the road. "Please... You have to understand... I only wanted to protect you. I thought that... If he hunted me, killed me... You would be safe. Please, I didn't mean to hurt you."

She stopped now, panting as she slumped against a free. Her face was downcast, stained with blood and tears. She honestly looked rather pathetic, not at all like the beautiful heiress she had appeared to be during that day, or even the glowing lover the man had shared in bed.

"Please believe me..." She begged.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:48 am

"Well you thought wrong..." Abraham spat, he continued to walk, but he slowed his pace. He decided he ought to have Shylo have it for making him feel such a way and at the moment he wasn't feeling like being sympathetic.

"Did you even stop to think about how I would feel about this? What did you think, that I wouldn't find out?" He turned around and walked up to Shylo, looking down on her with ice cold eyes.

"What if he had killed you? What if I had rolled back over and paid no mind to your silly, little excuse? What would have happened then? Your crazed 'ex-lover' would have came and tried to kill me and possibly even Lucas. God knows what else he would have done if I hadn't of come." Abraham shook his head, and looked away.

There was silence between them for a long while.The snow could be heard hitting the ground around them, it was coming down in large clumps now. Abraham finally spoke as he turned back around to walk away.

"I have to bring the horses in... and you need to clean that wound. Tomorrow...we are leaving this place, whether you like that or not."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:29 am

Shy flinched away as Abe rounded on her, his words like blows to her confidence. He was right... she knew he was. She hadn't been ready to face Alec, that was for sure. She'd only put herself, and Abe and Lucas, in more danger by trying to leave. Her words failed her as he went on, feeling like a child again, under a scolding hand. This was much worse than a stolen trinket, though.

She followed Abe on in silence, feeling small and helpless. How could she ever hope to fix this...?

---------the next day------

Shylo had been relieved when they had gotten home the previous night; Lune had managed to find his way back to the farm, and had been outside the small stable when they made it back. After patting him down and drying him off, Shylo had moved inside silently to wash herself, patching the put along her middle with her small medical know-how. It had needed stitches, and she'd spent the rest of the night agonizingly sewing herself back together. She hadn't applied any alcohol, nor drunk any--wanting to keep her wits about her during the delicate process. Needless to say, it had been painful--nearly to the point where she debated leaving the cut open. She didn't want to risk infection, however, and had muddled through.

Dawn was breaking as she finished up, her eyes dark with pain and fatigue as she applied the last of the bandages. She needed to start packing... she opened her senses to find where Abe was. The two hadn't spoken at all during the night... what more could they say? Shylo couldn't argue anymore--they were leaving... Much as she disliked it, she wouldn't fight the man's decision any longer.

Sighing, she stood shakily from her place on the bed, gripping the post for support as her mind whirled. One the dizziness left, she moved to where he knapsack lay, opening it as she began to neatly place her belongings inside. Again, she searched the small house for Abraham, listening keenly for his presence.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:37 am

Abraham paced the first floor of the shop, his breathing uneven, as he impatiently awaited Lucas' arrival. He had gone and woken the boy early, explaining that they needed to talk immediately. Soon enough, Lucas came trudging in, making a comment about the snow that had begun to fall again as he made his way inside. 

As soon as the boy neared him, Abe took him by the arm, whispering about how he and Shylo had to leave town immediately, coming up with a lie about something happening in their family. Lucas was confused at first, having already been told this once before, but soon confusion was replaced with anxiety. He had never run a shop before on his own and didn't know what to expect.

Abraham assured him he could do it, even suggesting taking on an apprentice.

"And one last thing..." Abe started, staring at Lucas straight in the eyes,"...if anyone comes to you, and tries to get any information out of you, no matter what they tell you. I did not do it."

With that, Abe called to Shylo, his voice husky and unrelenting, and made his way outside to where his horse had been hooked up to a small buggy. He put his things in the buggy and climbed up to sit in the driver's seat. 

"We are going up north..." He said, only loud enough for Shylo to hear now,"...way, way up north."

He said nothing else to her as they made their way out of town, the sun shining on their backs.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Shylo jumped as she was called for, hissing as the jolt irritated her wound. She stood, using the cabinet for support, and slung her single bag over her shoulder. Once again, she found all her belongings within its withered pockets--she was on the road again...

She made her way downstairs, giving Lucas a sympathetic look as she passed him. She paused at his side, uncertain how to approach the boy. His eyes pleaded for answers, and she wished she could sooth him. With a moments more hesitation, she leaned over to embrace him reassuringly. 

"I'm so sorry..." She choked. "I wish there was another way, garcon..." She pulled away, frowning. "You're a smart boy, Lucas--You'll do fine. You're skilled and the people here know you. But... if you do find yourself in need of assistance... there's an... associate of mine, in Maine. Her name is Helena--she assists my family in France, and owes me a favor or two. Find her, and mention my name. She'll help you if you ever need it." Shylo moved to the door, waving at Lucas. "Au revoir, Lucas--Stay safe."

She moved quickly once outside, not wanting to delay their departure further. She placed her bag into the buggy next to Abe's, before mounting her horse and urging him into a trot next to the cart. She glanced at Abe, curiosity getting the better of her as he hinted at their destination. 

"North...?" She commented. She'd heard of the bleak winters that the state's suffered--especially the further North you went. She prayed  it wouldn't be that far... Though vampires weren't prone to freezing, Shylo wasn't very fond of snow in any amount. "How long until we get there?" She asked, staring at the flakes of ice on the ground with disdain.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:28 am

Abraham regretted awkward conversation with Shylo as they made their travels. He was still rather distraught about the situations that had occurred only one night before. He shook his head, keeping his face forward.

"We will get there, when we get there." He said in rather flaccid tone. 
The snow continued to fall around them, more heavily now as they made their way further up north. Abe had kept his conversing to a minimum, focusing more on the road in front of him. It had been so long since he had been to the place he had up north, much less had a reason to, he was not even sure if the tenant he had hired was taking good care of it or not.

The sun had set, and it had been an hour after sunset when the vampire decided they should make camp for the night. He hitched his horse up to a tree and untied the wagon, grabbing his ax and a few other things. He mentioned to Shylo that he would be going to get some wood, and without waiting for a reply, turned and walked into the forest. 

He took his time, taking deep breaths and deciding just exactly how the night would go. He would have to start talking to Shylo eventually, he just did not know how. He made it back to the tiny, make-shift camp moments later, and soon kindled a big enough fire for the two of them as well as their horses. 

"Why not go and catch us something to snack on?" He suggested rather nonchalantly, turning his attention to the fire.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 am

Shylo frowned at the man's flat reply, sighing quietly to herself. Obviously he was still upset with her... not that she really blamed him. Pressing her lips together, the girl pulled her coat up to cover her chin and mouth, shuttering against a sudden chill. 

The pair marched on in almost complete silence, only speaking when it was necessary. Most of the day, in fact, Shylo barely spared the man a glance, relying more on Lune's trail-training to keep them together. Her mind was elsewhere as they traveled, stuck in an endless loop of dread and worry. The events of the last two days had left the girl's mind reeling; Alec coming after her, leaving Lucas alone--especially with winter at their doors, her night spent in Abe's bed... All of it was beginning to make her nauseous with worry and uncertainty. She'd always been the girl with a plan, always thinking tactically--always in control. And now she wasn't; she felt as though she'd lost control of everything. Her body, her lifestyle, even her heart--was nothing sacred? Was everything she had meant simply to be torn apart by circumstance, or fate, or what-have-you? 

The woman shook herself, taking a few calming breaths as she felt herself becoming flustered. Now wasn't the time... She stalled her horse as Abe stopped, hitching Lune next the the man's on the tree. She grumbled as she stepped through the snow, wrinkling her delicate nose at it before moving to unload the cart. She watched Abe leave to fetch wood, swallowing at his retreating figure. That was another worry... how would she ever get Abe to forgive her? Regain his trust, or even just a scrap of the feelings they had shared the other night? How upset was he, and how could she fix it...?

"Merde..." She hissed, turning to begin clearing away some of the snow for the fire. 

When Abe returned, the woman had assembled a cozy enough space for the two--a large circle for the fire lay at the center, a small pit dug into the frozen ground to contain the flames. She cleared a spot for their sleeping mats as well, though she supposed they weren't really needed... still, better than sitting on the wet ground. She'd unrolled hers a little ways from the fire pit, though she had left Abe's tied... not to be rude, or anything like that. She just wasn't sure where he'd like it... on the other side of the fire-set, or next to hers. She had decided to leave that up to him. She was just beginning to gather some extra wood when Abe returned, trying to keep herself warm more than anything. She added her pitiful bundle of sticks to his pile, before sitting to watch him build the fire. Though she had lived on her own in the wilds during the months before she had met Abe, she'd never been very good at the whole survivalist thing. Having been raised to be a proper aristocrat rather than a woodsman and all... but the concept fascinated her, and she watched as the wood turned into flames under than man's skilled fingers. 

She blinked at the man at his suggestion, having previously been enraptured by the fire, but nodded and stood. She took her knife from her bag, slipping it into her belt, before heading off into the darkness.

Once outside of camp, Shylo let her instincts take over, opening her senses to what was around her. She'd improved her hunting skills with Abe tremendously over the past year--skilled in tracking both man and beast alike. This far out, though, she guessed they'd be dining on something more feral. It took her no time at all to find a small den containing two snow hares, asleep in their shallow warren. She dispatched them swiftly, reaching a skilled hand into their den and snapping their necks without so much as a squeal, before grabbing them by their long ears and pulling them out. 

Satisfied with her catch, she made her way back to Abe, smiling the slightest bit as she presented them pridefully. 

"Will these do?" She asked, a small bit of her waiting excitedly for his approval. No matter their feelings for each other--existent or not--Abe was still her mentor, and Shylo ached for his acceptance.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Abraham shrugged as Shylo brought back her catch,"Sure." he muttered, taking a rabbit from her hands, setting himself down by the fire. He marveled at it for a moment, admiring his handy work before piercing the neck of the tiny rabbit and sucking its blood.

"It would have been better if you had left them live.."he said, glancing in Shylo's general direction. The snow had stopped falling for the time being, leaving the woods surrounding them with an eerie silence. 

Abraham didn't really know what to say to Shylo in their silence and kept to himself instead, his sensed focused on the silence that enveloped the two. 

"You should get some rest." He said finally, breaking through the silence. 

"We still have a ways to go.." He didn't say much else, he was still rather upset. The whole situation confused him and at the very least he did not want an argument to start between the two of them. Not now at least.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:31 am

Shylo frowned as he took one of the rabbits, pouting a slight bit about keeping them alive. She wanted to say something, but decided against it. Things between the two were... unsettled, to say the least--and she didn't want one of her snippy comebacks angering the man further.

Instead, she joined him by the fire, careful to keep a few feet between them, and nibbled on her own rabbit. She drained it quickly, though not really tasting it, and turned her eyes to the fire as an eerie silence enveloped the two. She spared secret glances at Abe every now and then. What was he thinking...?

She blinked at his as he spoke, her small frown deepening. Rest? How could she hope to rest like this? Her skin itched and her mind was dizzy with unspoken words. She knew Abe didn't want to talk to her... but the silence was driving her mad. Trying to lay down and 'rest' didn't seem possible at the moment...

She sighed loudly through her nose, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on top of them. She brought her hands to either side of her head, burying her fingers in her hair. She shook her head in reply, closing her eyes.

"I can't..." She muttered, "It'd do me no good anyway--I'm far too restless. Even if I did manage to settle down, I'd be up all night worrying." She peeked up at Abe, the conflict of their situation obvious in her eyes, before gazing back at the fire. "Rest if you want--I'll play look-out tonight..."

She reached over to grab her blanket from her bedroll, pulling the fabric around her as she settled closer to the fire. She shivered for a moment, a small wind sending a chill down her spine. She blew into her hands, attempting to warm them. Fuck it was cold...!
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top