Yo.
Chatbox

Backup Cbox

This is a pain in the neck

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This is a pain in the neck

Post by adornoea on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Abraham found himself conflicted as Shylo suggested she could take first watch. He was still rather unsure of her intentions with him and considering what had happened between them previously, he wasn't willing to chance another run in with Shylo's crazy ex. But, the vampire was bored and slightly cold, deciding finally that maybe resting some would be better than not at all. 

Abe got up, checking on the horses before settling back in his spot, "Fine, have it your way." He muttered. He was about to let himself drift off when he noticed Shylo desperately trying to keep herself warm. Abe shook his head, offering the quilt he had brought along.

"You're still new..."He murmured,"...you'll get used to the cold eventually. Be careful with that..."he added,"...it was my mother's."

With that, Abraham rolled over and closed his eyes. 

((Sorry it is so short.. I was thinking when they wake up and start going again they could run into some bandits or something. Like that's the weirdest thing to happen on a cold winter day, but we need some excitement or something!))
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Shylo gaped innocently as she was handed Abe's quilt, a small pang of sympathy entering her heart as he told her who's it was. She took the blanket reverently, careful to keep it from touching the ground, and brought it around herself gratefully. She watched the man for a moment. He was so curious... Once again, Shylo found herself aching to find out more about him. But another day--let him rest. She turned her face back to the fire, and huddled in for what looked to be a cold night.

-------

The next day started early. Shylo blinked fatigue from her eyes as the pink dawn bathed the snowy-woods in a dazzling orange light. She stood, stretching the ache from her muscles, and began to work; rolling up her unused bedroll, and folding up both the blankets she placed them back into the cart. She checked on the horses while there, quickly brushing them down to get them warm, and giving them each from of the feed they had brought. Next the went to put out the fire--what was left of it any. She'd let it burn almost completely out half-way through the night, knowing it'd be easier that way then putting out an entire flame. She scooped some snow onto the ashes, assuring they were out, coughing as small billows of smoke tickled her nose. 

The girl glanced at Abe, leaning over to gently shake his shoulder. 

"Hey...." She whispered into the morning silence, "Its dawn.  We should start moving again."

Leaving him to wake up, Shylo moved back to where the horses were tied. She began to saddle Lune, stroking his legs and back to warm him up, before turning to attempt to figure out the contraption that was the wagon. She'd never had to hook one up for herself, but she supposed it couldn't be too hard... right? 

By the time Mr.Whitley had come around, she had it almost done with, tightening the last few straps and bringing the bridle and reigns into place. She handed them to the man, muttering a quick 'morning', before mounting her own horse and waiting for him to lead the way once again.

They continued in much the same fashion as the day before, much to Shylo's annoyance... She'd hope after a day of silence, they could talk. Obviously Abe was irritated at her, and rightly so--but nothing was going to be fixed between them if they never spoke. 'Well,' She thought, 'If he's not going to say anything, then I will! This silence is killing me!'

"Abe--" She began, only to stop suddenly as Lune reared his head, stopping suddenly. He snorted, something obviously spooking him. Shylo furrowed her brow, letting her senses venture to the forest around them. Something was spooking her horse, an animal that was trained to avoid such things. He rarely acted up like this--something was definitely wrong. 

Something caught her nose, and she breathed in deeply, trying to identify it. Yes... Just up ahead, only about five feet from where Abe was now. A... human? No, not just one--at least five, maybe more. What were they doing out here...?

Realization sparked panic in her heart as a second smell accompanied the men; metal and gun powder, lots of it. They were definitely armed, and waiting for them. She urged Lune forward, pushing him into a gallop to catch up with Abe.

"Abraham, wait--!!" She tried to warn him, but was too late. The men sprung out in front of the cart, shouting and waving. The suddenness spooked Abe's horse, and one man reached up to cut it loose from the cart. It ran into the woods, whinnying fretfully. Shylo cursed, stopping her own horse and jumping from his back. She gave Lune a hard swat on the rear, sending him away as well. She'd call for him later... it was easier than risking having him stolen by these thugs.

She pulled her knife, a snarl curling her pretty lips, and attempted to rush the men, only to be caught by the arm. In the chaos, she hadn't noticed one of the bandits move behind her. He grabbed her roughly, yanking both her arms behind her back and throwing her dagger to the side. 

"Now settle down there, princess--" He laughed, his fowl breath reeking of alcohol and tobacco. Shylo cringed her nose, hissing at him. "We aint gunna hurt you, or the old man. So long as you do everything we say, got it?"

"Get off me, tu connard!!" She growled at him, fighting against his rough hands. 

"Oh, ho!!" He smiled, adding a wrapped hand around her waist to pull her close. She felt the metal of his gun against her stomach and froze. "Lucky day, boys! We got ourselves a spirited little Frenchy!!"

By now, the other four had the cart surrounded, all barrels pointed at Abe. Panic ate at Shylo's heart at the sight, and she tried desperately to come up with a plan to get them both out, her tactical mind working furiously. They were just so out numbered, out gunned... Meanwhile, the man holding her--who was obviously the leader--went on, addressing Abe. 

"So, tell me old man," He sneered, "Whats a geezer like you doing with such a purdy lady? Must be a handful for a retired gentleman like yourself. Tell ya what, I'll cut you a deal--Hows 'bout after my boys clean out your cart, I'll take her off your hands for a while, eh? Won't even shoot her, if she plays nice~"

As he said it, Shylo felt him lean over and run a grotesque tongue from her chin to her ear, making bile rise through her throat. She held back a gag of disgust, reverting the feeling to a fueling anger. With a harsh grunt, Shylo kicked backwards, the heel of her boot landing squarely into the bastard's crotch. She heard the wind leave his lungs and his grip loosen just enough for her to shove him back. As he released her, she grabbed the gun from his hand, whipping around to aim it toward his head as he landed on the ground, holding his delicate's as he groaned in pain. 

Shylo was panting, more from anger than exertion, backing up toward Abe and the cart. She eyed the other four men, who still had their riffles aimed at her and Abe. She glanced behind her for a moment, raising and eyebrow at her mentor. 

"Any ideas...?" She growled, gun still aimed on the man who had held her.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Abraham sat quietly, eyes lowered as the men pointed the barrels of their guns at him. He watched, almost proudly as Shylo was able to worm her way out of one of the bandit's hands. Abraham sat still in his cart, head still lowered as the man got up from the ground, clearly pissed.

"Well dayum. I was just beginnin' to like you. Thats too bad though, stupid bitch. Hey! Old man, didn' you hear me talkin' to you? Want me to.. to fucking kill your bitch right now?" 

The man wobbled, still clearly in pain, his accomplices were still a bit shock and rather confused as to what they should do next. Abraham shook his head, letting out a small laugh that soon became a loud chuckle. The men pointed their guns at him, becoming even more confused.

"Wha'so dayum funny, old man?" One of them yelled at Abraham, who had quieted down for the moment.

Abraham stood now, dropping the reigns, his head still lowered. He gave another laugh,"Old man, you say? Old man!" He laughed again.

"What the hell is going on, boss? What should we do?" the men whispered rather audibly to their ring leader.

"Do you have any idea who I am?" Abraham asked suddenly, his eyes trailing on the men who stood below him," Do you have any idea what I am?" 

In moments, Abraham had leapt from the cart, barreling himself into the men. They weren't able to act fast enough in the confusion, firing randomly into the air and at each other. The vampire had his hands around one of their necks, snapping it like a twig. The men shouted and began to panic.

"Do you have any idea.. what the FUCK I am?" Abraham howled, attacking another man, blind rage and vampire instinct taking over him for the moment. The man shot at the vampire a few times before collapsing himself into the snow,dead. The remaining two and their leader stood at the ready as Abraham looked up at them, his eyes a dark, crimson red, his fangs bared.  

He hissed and spat at them, his eyes momentarily catching Shylo's. He nodded at her, urging her to follow the horses, get out and run while she could. 

The remaining men, now aware of what they were in the presence in doubled back, before deciding to chance it and fight for what they believed was theirs.

"Demon!" One of them shouted.

" You're going to hell, you damn demon!"
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Shylo watched Abe with a shocked interest, blinking at his ferocity as he attacked the killed the men. She'd never witnessed one like him before--most vampires she had hunted in her Elite days had been younger, less experienced. Like her... Abe was truly something else when it came to their breed.

Her heart skipped a beat as he shot her a dismissing glance. What?! Did he want her... to run? No! She couldn't leave him here alone, he was still outnumbered--no matter how skilled he was at fighting, and even if they were humans... She didn't like the risks of him being two to one. Something could happen. She gritted her teeth, shaking her head at him in answer.

"I'm not leaving you," She hissed, turning to face the men approaching them. She raised her gun, a burning rage illuminating her eyes until they danced with fire, the slurs and names they hurled at the pair enraging her. Bastards!

She spat at the closest one--the leader, who had held her against her will--and pulled her trigger. The force knocked her back a slight bit, but she felt a small bit pride in her chest as she saw the bullet hit the man square in the chest, knocking him to the ground without so much as a scream of pain.

The other man froze in his tracks. "Boss!" He cried, looking uncertain about what to do next. His brow furrowed and he cursed at Shylo, "You stupid bitch! I'll kill the both of you! I'll send the both of you demons straight to--!"

"Shut. Up!" Shylo interrupted, moving to shove the gun up and under the man's chin with a terrifyingly fast movement. Her eyes burned with anger, and a snarl enveloped her face--turning her usually gorgeous features into a feral, twisted looking grimace. Something had snapped inside the woman, long-buried, repressed feelings and conflicts bubbling to the surface in a violent explosion of emotion. All of which she directed to the human infront of her.

"You know nothing--NOTHING--of our struggle! You think we chose to be like this? Chose to be what we are?! Insolent human!!" She growled. "I can't believe I spent my entire youth protecting scum like you from things like me--because I honestly thought you were better! Thought you were automatically in the right simply because you lacked fangs and a black heart. How naive I was..." She hissed, throwing her gun to the side and gripping the man's throat in her hand. A sudden surge of strength allowed the girl to lift the man into the air, and she moved to pin him up against a nearby tree. Her vampiric-side was taking over her senses, her mind and body. She watched the man struggle, gasping for breath, and chuckled.

"You're the real demon--stalking and hunting your fellow man, for what? A few spare coins and rubbish," She spat, her grip tightening. "At least we hunt with purpose. To survive--and to rid the world of filth like you!"

Shylo couldn't take it anymore. With her hand on his throat, she could feel his blood pulsing deliciously beneath his skin, his heartbeat fast and panicked while in her grip. She was still weak from her fight with Alec, having lost a lot of blood to his blade, and fatigued made her limbs ache. Growling low in her throat, she brought the man down and hungrily bit into his neck. She felt the familiar rush of excitement, and fed more fervently, draining her victim in a matter of seconds.

When she was finished, she let the bandit fall to the snowy ground, a last trickle of blood staining the ground red. She looked away from the corpse, wiping the small bit of blood that had missed her lips from her cheek with the back of her hand. 

Now that she was finished, the girl felt meek, subdued by her outburst. She turned sheepishly to Abe, a blush coating her cheeks. She peeked at him through her lashed, uncertainty and a small bit of fear in her eyes. She'd never lost control... not like that at least. Let her instincts guide her, yes--but always kept them in check. This was different, she'd lost it. Let her vampire side take complete control, and had killed two men because of it. What was wrong with her...?

"S-sorry..." She stammered, nervous and more than a little terrified of this new side of her. What had she done...?!
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Abraham watched silently as Shylo tore through the man, the male vampire was almost amused at the scene. He was a bit disappointed that she had not left like he had intended her too, but it was more than obvious that she could hold her ground.

"Stop being sorry." He said, turning back to the cart and the men who lay dead on the ground.

"It is time you start embracing what you are, stop lying to yourself. There is nothing you can do about it anyway." He kicked at the dead men, his nose wrinkling in disgust. Abe looked around for a moment, trying to sense where their horses had run off to, but the trail had gone stale for the moment.

Suddenly, the vampire felt a sharp, stabbing pain in his lower abdomen. His chest grew weak and his shoulders felt heavy, his head spun and he became confused. Abe frowned, he had not felt such pain in such a long time. 

Looking down, Abraham reached to where the pain was coming from, only to discover he had at least three bullet wounds.

"Damn." He muttered, before losing his breath and falling into the snow.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:06 am

"I'm trying," Shylo sighed, calming herself. Abe was right, after all--this was simply who she was now. She'd have to get use to it eventually. She just never expected it to be so difficult.

Shy's brow furrowed in confusion as the man slumped, the feeling quickly turning to panic as he fell to the ground. She rushed to his side, managing to roll him onto his back with some effort.

"Abe? Abe!" She cried, hands hovering over him as she attempted to figure out what to do. "Oh, god--please wake up! Come on, you're fine--get up!"

'Calm down, idiot!' A voice in her head told her, making her blink. 'You'll be no good to him all flustered. Stop the bleeding, stupid!'

"Right, okay..." She sighed, trying to remain collected. She pulled away the coat she was wearing, ignoring the chill that swept up her spine. Grunting, she ripped the garmet into long stripes, and began to apply them in heavy clumps to the man's abdomen. She held pressure, all the while talking to the man beneath her. 

"Come one, Abe," She whispered, desperate pleas in her tone, "Wake up, come on! You'll be fine, you'll be okay... don't... don't d-die..."

As the word left her mouth, Shylo chocked on a sudden rush of emotion. She fought salty tears, blinking rapidly to dispel them from her eyes. No, he couldn't die. Wouldn't. She wouldn't let him. She added more bandages, more pressure to his wounds. "Please, just be okay!"

She struggled for a few more minutes, feeling discouraged as more and more red liquid flowed from the man. But, finally, her make-shift wraps began to come up dry--the bleeding had stopped. For the moment anyway... She gasped in relief, and few tears leaking out as she leaned over to kiss the man's unmoving lips. 

With the critical part over with, Shylo felt herself relax somewhat. She sat for a moment, monitoring Abe's shallow breaths and listening to his heartbeat. It was weaker now, the lack of blood in the man's body causing it to slow... but it was still there, if only just. 

She gently lifted one of the bandages, taking a closer peek at the wound. It was bad... worse than anything she'd ever treated alone... but she didn't have much of a choice now. The bullet holed were clean, and looked to have gone all the way through. She doubted she'd have to cut anything out... heaven forbid. Still, if she attempted to move him, the bleeding would start again. And she doubted he'd make it through another go.

"I'll have to set up here then..." She muttered. She looked around, standing for a moment. She didn't want to wander farther than a few feet, didn't want to leave him alone... but they needed a fire, and wood. Shylo hadn't a clue how to properly use Abe's axe, and so decided to make due with what few branches and sticks she could find on the roadside. She brought them back quickly, checked on Abe again, and then went about trying to set them up and get them lite. 

It took her more tries that she could count, and she became frustrated. She'd never held flint in her life, much less knew how to use it. Eventually, she got the hang of it, and managed to light a bit of cloth. She placed it underneath the twigs that she had tented up, and whooped quietly as the whole thing soon caught fire. It wasn't nearly as big or as warm as Abe's had been, but it was enough to get them some water boiling, and get them through the night...

She moved to their cart, pulling out their quilts and blankets. It was still early in the day, but with so much snow on the ground, Abe needed all the extra warmth he could get... She moved to wrap her blanket around him, leaving his quilt in the cart so that it wouldn't get bloody. She did her best to make him comfortable, even managing to get the mat under him without disturbing his wounds too much. 

She was panting by the time she was finished with her set up and, happy with her work, began to pile snow into a small tin they had brought. Placing it over the fire, she waited for the water to melt, and then to boil. When it was hot enough, she took the tin out and dipped a last small strip of her coat into it, wringing it out. Focused now, she began to work and clean out Abe's wounds, patting away the dried blood and exposing the pink flesh beneath. She blanched at the sight, quickly changing the wraps and placing the blanket back over Abe.

For a moment, she simply watched him, pretending he was only sleeping, safe and dreaming under her care. Shylo moved to his head, lifting it up and into her lap. She stroked his face, fingers trailing along his cheeks and through his hair, as she craddled his head in her lap.

"Please live..." She pleaded. "I couldn't stand to lose you, Abraham... I... I love you."

With that last wish on her lips, she leaned down to gently kiss his forehead, leaving her mouth gentle pressed against his skin in a silent prayer.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:26 am

Abraham was flying, no, he was running. He was running as fast as he could, he breathed in, sweet air filled his lungs. He looked down at himself, he was young again. His name was called from behind him and he turned, meet with the sight of his siblings. None of them had faces, but Abe didn't notice. 

He rushed to them, arms wide. They laughed. His mother called them in. It was dinner time. His sister tried to bring a chick in the house. They laughed more. Abraham ate his food, all of it this time. He helped clean up afterwards. His mother hugged him. She loved him very much. She kissed his forehead, her lips were warm. 

"Abraham, I love you." She said. Abraham said nothing in return, he could not speak. He cried instead. 

When he had finished crying, he was shrouded in darkness. His family was dead and he was covered in their blood. 

He cried more. He was alone. Everyone died. It was his fault. 

Abraham opened his eyes slowly, sunlight blinding him. He coughed and tried to roll over but was met with a sharp pain, making him remember how he had been shot. He stayed in place and looked around.

"Shylo..." He murmured, a bit out of it.

"Shylo. Help...Help me up." He coughed again, his abdomen hurt still but he could already feel the wound healing.

"We need to get moving, help me up please."
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:01 pm

The woman had begun to drift off herself, the previous stress from the attack, combined with a sleepless night, making her tired and weary. 

When she felt Abe move, she bolted upright, her hands moving to hold his face gently. She looked into his eyes with disbelief. He was okay... he was awake, talking even! He was going to live.

"Abe...!" She choked happily, delighted tears dampening her cheeks as she leaned over to kiss the man. He was okay!! She hardly heard his request to help him up. "I thought I'd lost you..." It was then it registered that he wanted to be up, moving. A flare of protectiveness enveloped her, and she shook her head with worry. "No, you shouldn't be moving. Not on you're own--you're wounds are still deep, you'll only reopen them if you start moving around." She thought for a moment, looking around. She knew, no matter her words, the man would do as he wanted. Stubborn old fool... She'd have to find a way to get them both moving, but without irritating his wrappings. 

"Here, I'll help you into the cart--but you have to promise to lay down there, yes? I'll find Lune and hitch him up... If I'm lucky I'll find your horse too..." She paused, searching the man's eyes. She hoped he'd listen to her reason, she didn't think she had enough to bandage him again if he opened his wounds. Taking a steadying breath, the girl nodded and stood, placing Abe's head down gently as she got up. 

"Here, roll over..." She prompted, kneeling at his side to help him. "It'll be easier if you're kneeling, rather than sitting up--it'll keep the bandages in place, and won't hurt as much. I'll help you, slowly now..."

She gently prodded and helped the man roll onto his side, urging him gently into a hands-and knees position. Next, she assisted him until he was simply on his knees, his upper half upright, if a bit shakily. 

"Good, Lets stand you up now, oui?" She said, slinging his arm over her shoulders as she kneeled beside him. "Slowly, alright? Lean on me now... One, two.. three--"

Gritting her teeth against his weight, Shylo hoisted Abe up, taking most of his weight onto her shoulders. Panting the slightest, she slowly made their way to the cart, each step labored and slow. When they did make it, Shylo reach to move a few things over, making room for the man to lay down. She helped him sit on the edge of the cart, climbing in momentarily to lay him down, using his quilt--still folded from that morning--as a pillow for the man.

"There now... lie still, will you?" She asked, planting another chaste kiss on his cheek. "I'll find the horses, and we'll start moving again, alright? Rest now, amie..."

With that, Shylo exited the cart, taking a calming breath. Abe was alive. He was okay... but he was right, they couldn't stay out here, they had to keep going. They couldn't be too far now... if Shylo could find their destination, she could take care of the man properly. 

With that thought in mind, the woman raised her posed fingers to her lips and whistled for her horse, praying he was still in the area. She waited a moment, worry entering her heart, before she heard a steady trot not too far off. In the next few moments, the pale pelt of her stallion could be seen coming toward them through the trees. She greeted her horse with relief, patting him down and rewarding his loyalty with a few good scratches. She quickly lead the animal to the cart, positioning him and placing the harness over his back. She could tell he was confused by the act, having never been attached to a cart in his life. She soothed him with some babbling french, taking up the reigns as she climbed back into the cart. 

"Alle!" She commanded, snapping the reigns over her horse's back. He whinnied once, but began to move, if a bit slowly. Soon, the pair had left the bloodied scene behind, and were moving onward. Shylo looked over her shoulder at Abe, concern in her eyes. "Still alright?" She asked, fretful. "Keep pressure, if you can. I'll change the bindings when we're stopped again... which way should I go? You never did tell me exactly where we were headed..."
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:06 am

Abraham said nothing as Shylo assisted him onto the cart, he was still a bit out of it. It took him only a few moments more, when they had finally started to move, that he was aware of his surroundings. His sides hurt, and he had a terrible headache.

"New York." He muttered, he tried to avoid eye contact with Shylo, looking up at the sky instead.

"I have some land there, a...friend of mine should be taking care of it, why didn't you listen when I told you to run?" Abraham suddenly changed his tone, now looking up at Shylo's back.

"What if you had gotten shot instead of me? What if they had taken you? What if you had died?"

Abraham attempted to sit up, but pain shot through his body, he cursed and laid back down reluctantly. 

"When it comes down to it.."He muttered,"..no one is going to protect you but yourself. Always. ALWAYS take care of yourself first..." He glared up at the sky and crossed his arms.

There was more silence between the two of them after the exchange of words, snow began to fall again in small flurries all around them. Abraham was sure they would make it to the small cabin shortly, most likely some time before sundown.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:58 am

Shylo frowned at Abe's words. She thought she had handled the situation rather well.

"How am I ever going to learn to take care of myself if your always trying to protect me?" She countered, keeping her eyes forward. "Besides, If I had left, you'd be dead." She looked over her shoulder then, daring him to disagree with her. "I'm not helpless, I can take care of myself, and I will if I need to... but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave you every time we run into a bit of trouble." She paused, sighing as she faced forward again. "I worry about you too, you know..."

The girl pursed her lips, slipping into an easy silence. She carried on steadily, urging her horse on every now and again. For the majority of the day, she kept to herself, wanting Abe to rest. She didn't want to agitate him with petty arguments. Right now, what he needed was a warm bed and strong drink--hopefully things they could find wherever they were going. 

The sun was just beginning to descend, its orange light streaking through the bare trees and giving the illusion of the whole woods being on fire, when Shylo came to a small stop. Two paths lay before her, one leading further up into the mountains, the other down into a small valley. She turned to Abe, curious. 

"Are we close?" She wondered, "Which way should I go? Or should we stop for the night?"
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:29 am

Abraham had zoned out for a while, his mind wandering into the hopeless recesses that was his rather self-destructive memory. Shylo's words bringing him back to reality. He sat up slowly, groaning in silent agony, and looked towards the two roads.

"Actually, we are rather close. Don't take either of these roads. You see that weird looking tree off over there, go that way. We will cross a brook 250 paces forward, when we get past that, the house is just a few more paces up."

Abe continued to sit up, guiding Shylo as she guided the horse and buggy off the path and onto a rather bumpy, snow-covered ground. It only took them ten minutes to get to the small cabin, gently tucked into the side of the snowy Appalachian mountains. 

As the cart came to a halt, Abe sat up straight, scooting to the edge and jumping off, being sure to hold his side as he did so. He walked up to the house, giving it a once over before reaching inside his shirt to a key that hung by a small rope around his neck. He broke it off and tossed it to Shylo.

"Go ahead and go in. The barn is around back. I am going to be right back."

With that, Abraham slowly made his way back to the path they had left and up the road to a small town. He was instantly greeted by a few of the townspeople, who would have kept to themselves had it been anyone else. He made his way to a small inn and spoke with the inn keeper's son before making his leave. He wanted to make sure they knew he was staying in the house and no one had broken in to it instead. 

It had began to snow harder as Abraham made his way back to the cabin, for some reason, walking had made him tired and as he made his way inside, he slumped down into a chair at the table. He looked around, the place was a bit shabby, but for the time being, it would do. There was only one floor, a small kitchen set, a small fire place and a bed. It reminded him too much of his home when he was a child, and for a moment Abraham began to zone out. 

He found himself again on moments afterwards, and stood, walking over to a small cupboard and finding some black coffee roast. Luckily, there was already a hefty supply of wood for the stove and fireplace, but sooner or later he would need to fair the stormy winter weather to get them some more. He busied himself to making coffee on the stove, melting ice down to use for boiling water.

"Coffee?" He leaned over his shoulder to glance at Shylo before going back to what he had been doing.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:17 am

The woman was about to protest as Abe started off away from the cabin, worry eating at her insides. He really shouldn't go off alone like that... if at all--his wounds weren't nearly healed enough for that. She sighed, resolving that he'd do it anyway, despite her words. It was just the way he was.

Instead, she moved to lead Lune, and the cart, toward the small barn at the back of the property. She detached her horse and put him away in one of the stalls, quickly patting him down and giving him some much-deserved feed. She started then to unpack the cart, moving their belongings inside the small house.

"Oh," She pouted as she opened the door. What a mess! It was obvious nobody had been on the property for a long while--most things were covered in a thin layer of gray dust, and a chill hung in the stale air. "Seems I've got some work to do..."

Placing their things down by the door, Shylo moved to the various lamps around the single-floor cabin, checking to make sure there was oil in them before lighting each one. She glanced around for a moment, debating where to start next. She opted for the bed after a moment--no doubt this would be one of the few nights the pair would sleep. After such a trying few days, she was amazed Abe and herself weren't already near collapse. She stripped the sheets, giving them a good shake, coughing as dust fell through the air and tickled her nose. She moved to the counter tops and table next, brushing them off with a dry rag she'd found. She busied herself with the dusting until Abe's return, pulling a broom out from the small closet as we walked in.

She greeted him quietly, watching with a furrowed brow as he slumped into a chair. He looked exhausted... She held back from saying anything, letting him rest. Instead she began to sweep quietly, scooting the majority of the dust that layered the floor toward the from door, eventually pushing it all out and onto the porch. She closed and locked the door, shivering. It was snowing again... a lump of despair settled in her stomach at the thought, but she tried to ignore it. 

Sighing, she made her way to the stove, watching Abe make coffee and helping where she could.

"Yes, please..." She yawned, covering her mouth. "... we'll need to change your wraps soon. You've been in them for a few hours now, they'll be soiled. After that you should rest-- really rest. I made the bed for you..." 

As she spoke, the woman absentmindedly rested her head against the man's arm, reaching up to place an open hand on his chest. Worry for the man made her heart ache--true, he was doing better than she had hoped, standing and even walking on his own. But still... today had been a close call, too close... it had made her realize just how far her feelings for Abe went, and that thought alone caused her to worry. When had those feelings formed...? She wondered.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Abraham stood where he was for a moment, frozen by Shylo's touch. His heart pounded and his face flushed. After his momentary confusion was over, he stepped away from her, shrugging her off, his eyebrows furrowing as he continued to make the coffee. 

Now in complete silence, Abe remembered his horse and frowned. He had not seen her since she had been cut away and spooked off. He probably would never see her again. He finished making the coffee and took out two mugs, placing them on table behind him and pouring the hot liquid into it.

Abe sat at the table, drinking his coffee straight as he looked out the window. It had started snowing harder since he had gotten back, they would be in for a while.

"I suppose I should get a fire going." He muttered, finishing his coffee and ambling over to fireplace. He had a little trouble starting the fire at first, the wood was damp and didn't want to burn right away. But, he soon had it going strong, and stepped back, marveling at his handy work. He chuckled for a moment, mentioning something about the first time he had taken Shylo out hunting and how they had burned down that house. No one thought anything of it, they didn't even have a proper funeral for the two men. Abraham trailed off as he remembered what else had happened, and then he remembered more. He stared at the fire absentmindedly, his stoic expression unwavering.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:46 pm

A pang of hurt echoed in Shylo's heart as Abe shrugged her off, but she complied, not wanting to distress him. She followed the man to the table, taking one of the mugs gratefully. She didn't really like coffee, instead preferring teas or juices, but the thought of something warm and smooth on her tongue won over as she delicately sipped at the hot drink. 

She watched Abe in silence, as he stared out the window, and then moved to start a fire. He was so quiet, so stand-offish... without her realizing, the same stoic and cold man who she knew as her mentor rather than a lover was back. The thought made her frown. They had gotten on so well only a few days ago... what had happened? A sudden irritation took over the woman. He was just so stubborn! His moods were beginning to give her whiplash. First he'd be gentle, sweet even--then he'd turn into the same ass he'd been when they first met. Shylo couldn't keep up!

She sighed into her mug, staring at the man some more. She blinked as he mentioned her first hunting trip, no doubt the sight of flames bringing back memories of the burning cabin. That had been so long ago...

"That was a long time ago..." She murmured back, reminiscing as well. She frowned for a moment more, the words on her tongue threatening to overflow. Finally, she couldn't stay silent any longer. ".... I wish you would talk to me more. You're always so distant--so stoic... I feel as though we know nothing about each other." She blinked at him, her eyes sad at her own realization. She turned away, "I wish you'd put your trust in me, especially after so much time together..."

The woman shifted in her seat, avoiding eye contact. She wasn't one for soft conversation--especially when they concerned her own feelings. She swallowed, nervous now. When it came to confessions of the flesh, she was more than apt to share herself. She felt more than comfortable in her skin--it was the rest of herself that she despised; her heart, and mind. She wasn't use to letting people in, and this sudden urge to tell-all to her mentor confused her. She wanted to share everything; every hardship, every secret, every weakness with the man. She wanted to give herself to him fully, in a way she'd never done before--not even with Alec. But she also ached for his confessions as well--wanted to know him, truly. For what he was, before and after his turning. She wanted him to love her.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:00 pm

The vampire looked into the fire with the same stoic gaze as he had before as Shylo confessed to him. He took a deep breath before turning to her and shaking his head.

"A lot has gone on over the past few days..." He didn't want to talk about what was really bothering him," ...a lot of stuff that should have never happened has happened and it is a lot to take in."

In truth, none of that really bothered him, he had grown tired of his old home, of Lucas and everything. He really didn't want to talk about what had been bothering him the past few days, the repressed childhood memories that had crept their way back up his spine and into his mind. The pain he felt now, the confusion, all over a woman and then his past.

Abraham shook his head again, looking back at the fire for a moment,"I mean.. jesus Shylo I fucking butchered a man's legs and left him alive to tell the story! We had to leave town, I lost my horse... That is a lot to take in, you can't expect me to want to play house with you and act like nothing is wrong."

Abraham turned, brow furrowed at the woman," It's fucking snowing, I have bullet wounds in my abdomen, and all you want to do is talk about our feelings." 

Suddenly Abraham felt himself overcome with emotion, he had held so much in for so long, he felt himself leaking with rage. 

"Fine then, woman! Let's talk about our feelings. Lets sit down and act like.. there is absolutely.. nothing wrong and like we haven't been through hell for the past few days. Yes, please!"

Abraham walked over to where Shylo was sitting, and leaned over her, glaring. He inhaled deeply, surveying the woman and awaiting her next move.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:26 pm

A small snarl curled the vampiress' lips as Abe's mounting emotions brought them face to face. Playing house, eh? If thats what he thought--ohhoho... Shylo knew all too well how to play the angry wife.

"Yes!" She growled, standing herself so that the two were nearly nose-to-nose. Her eyes flared, the lingering hurt evaporating as pent-up irritation took its place. "I want to talk! Like normal fucking adults!! Thats what you are, isn't it? An adult? I know you're, what, some seventy-something years old? But you honestly could have fooled me with how you've been acting!! Crying about this and that--Yes! Our lives suck! I never said they didn't. But does that mean we can't have a decent conversation now and then?"

She felt her own temper flaring, feeding off of Abe's emotions like a rapidly burning fire. She had been known at the academy for her temper, though she had tried to contain it over the last 12 months with Abe. Now, though, she felt it all rushing forward--every irritation, every bitten-back word, all of it. O-ho-ho, she was going to let the man have it--That was for sure!

She took a step forward, making their chests' bump. A pointed finger joined in, jabbing the man in the chest roughly as she went on, "How am I supposed to know any of that was bothering you, anyway?! You hardly speak to me! About anything!! You might as well be a mute. Or deaf, or dumb--hell, maybe all three!!" She jabbed him again, putting a little more force into the motion.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:45 pm

"Don't talk to me like that, woman." Abraham retorted, glaring down at Shylo as she jabbed her tiny finger into his chest.

"I think you forget who has been taking care of you all this time. Teaching you what you need in order to survive, practically doing you a service! And you want to get sassy with me because I can no longer take things, what is it with you?"

Abraham began to walk towards Shylo, pushing her slightly until he had her up against the cabin wall.

"What is it with you?" He repeated," Why are you getting in my head? And complaining and carrying on and on and.." Abraham grabbed her wrists, tightening his grip as he lifted them to the wall as well.

He growled softly at her, his mouth forming in a curl, revealing his fangs. He tightened his grip more. 

"I could kill you right now, and all you would care about is whether or not I spoke to you."

The man stared down at Shylo, his face so close to hers. He inhaled deeply, enveloping himself in her scent. He loosened his grip a little. Why were they fighting? Why were they fighting when they were trapped in a cabin, alone, and so close together?

Before saying anything else, Abraham leaned forward, closing the gap between himself and Shylo. He had longed to feel that warmth from her again, and suddenly now he could feel it washing over him once more.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:37 am

Shylo hissed at the man as she was pushed backwards, her smaller size keeping her from having much effect in shoving him back. She growled low in her throat as she hit the wall, baring her own fangs at the man. A surprised gasp escaped her mouth as her wrists were grabbed roughly, pinning her against the wall. She struggled for a moment, a shiver of panic going down her spine as he threatened her. Her brow furrowed, and she hissed defensively. How dare he!! She turned sharply, about to rebut him harshly for talking to brashly to her, only to be silenced by his lips on hers.

"Mm!!" She stopped, glaring up at him at the contact. What... what was he doing...?! She pulled away, turning her cheek to him as a blush darkened her pale skin. "Bastard..." She hissed, though the word held not even half the venom her previous ones had. "How can you say such things, and then kiss me?" 

Emotions were still running raw through the girl, but the kiss has startled her out of anger, even if she'd never admit it. She peeked up at him through her lashes, anger still lingering in her crystaline eyes--but this time it was mixed with a fevered passion. They hadn't been this close since... well, since the night after the party. Shylo felt the strong urge to touch the man--but seeing as her hands were still being held, she'd have to be creative. 

She turned to face Abe now, staring him in the eye. So... he wanted to play like that, huh? She lifted a slender leg, positioning it between the man's, and shifted her weight so that her hips rub up against him seductively. They were so close... she had no problem reaching his most sensitive areas as she gyrated her hips against him teasingly--all the while watching him with smoky eyes, daring him to touch her.
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:09 pm

"You infuriate me.." Abraham muttered as Shylo leaned into him. He could feel his face growing red with excitement, among other things.

His heart quickened and he leaned in again, closing the gap between them once more. Deciding against going the safe route, the vampire laid his mouth along the side of Shylo's face, then down her neck. He kissed her neck a few times before releasing his grip and picking the woman up, using the wall to steady himself. 

With one hand supporting her weight, Abe used the other to run down the length of her body. They both still had all of their winter clothing on and he wanted nothing to do with it. He placed Shylo on the ground again, his hands feebly making their way through her thick garments. He himself had gotten tired of his own clothing, and was all the while removing his coat and undoing the buttons to his shirt. 

Abraham lifted the woman again, turning around and laying her down on the table. He crawled over the top of her, kissing down her neck and undoing the rest of her garments before there was nothing left but bare skin. He kissed her chest, hovering for a moment, before crawling down and off the table. The vampire let his hands feel around for a moment before gently tugging on Shylo's leggings.

He kissed her inner thighs softly before burying his face between them.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:55 am

The woman smirked, as much at Abe's comment as at the growing bulge she could feel underneath his trousers. 

"Like wise, mon amie~" She growled back playfully. She tilted her neck, repressing small moan as his lips caressed the sensitive skin there. She placed her now-free hands on the man's shoulders, wrapping them behind his head and running her fingers through his hair. She gasped as she was picked up, the action sudden and exhilarating, making her heart pound faster. As his hand ran over her body, she too ached to be rid of her clothing, shivering happily as he set her down again and began to unbutton their garments.  

She joined his efforts, continuing to undo her buttons as he lifted her again, placing her down on the table. She was panting down, eyes lit with excitement and need. What had they been arguing about again...? She hardly remembered now, mind fogged by their sudden urges. 

She blushed, biting her lips as he finished undressing her. She reveled at his touch, enjoying being exposed beneath him. She finally allowed a groan of pleasure as he kissed down her body, pulling off her leggings. She more than willingly spread her legs for him, shaking now. She blushed again as he began to kiss up her thighs, laying back down and closing her eyes as she shook beneath him, biting her lips against more whimpers of pleasure. 

"A-Ah~!" She gasped, bolting upright with wide eyes as Abe placed himself at the center of her thighs. She turned a deep crimson, embarrassed and shocked at the act. She didn't stop him, however--it did feel... rather nice~ She just hadn't been expecting such a bold move. "A-Abe...~" She whimpered again, her back arching as he continued.

As she grew comfortable with the feelings, the woman relaxed, thoroughly enjoying the attention. She ran a hand through the man's hair, tugging on it gently now and then. 

"Nn..~" She moaned again, her burning cheeks only darkening as she felt herself growing warmer under his tongue, his merciless assault bringing her closer and closer to the edge. Her back arched, and she had to fight to keep her hips still. She felt her heart begin to skip beats, and she had to bite her lip more often as multiple moans and gasps came up from her lungs, giving away just how lost she was to his teasing. In only a matter of a few short minutes, he'd turned a snarling lioness into a mewling kitten~

An undeniable warmth began to bubble underneath her skin, and Shylo felt herself begin to tremble. "A-abe~" She whimpered again, his name breathy and filled with need as it left her lips. She panted a few more times, the fingers she had in his hair tangling themselves deeper, the warmth under her skin reaching its peak.

"N'Aagh~...!" She cried out, reaching up to cover her mouth as a shock wave of pleasure suddenly burst inside her, the center of which was under Abe's skilled lips. She shuttered for a moment, panting as after-shocks racked her body. That had been... an experience...~

Catching her breath, she eyed Abe for a moment, a small smile curling her lips. Fingers still in his hair, she tugged gently on the strands until he brought his face upward. She smiled at him for a moment more, before leaning over and pressing her lips against him in a fevered kiss. As she distracted him with her lips, her hands went to work; pushing and prodding, she urged him to sit in the nearby chair, her mouth on his the whole while. Once he was seated, she moved her mouth downward--over his cheek, to his neck, and then lower still; over his collarbone and across his chest, down his stomach... until she was kneeling before him, eyes watching his face. A mock innocence crossed her face as she leaned down to take the man in her mouth, as if she hadn't a clue of how to action would affect him. 

"Try not to cum," She warned, releasing him for a moment. "I'm not at all finished with you yet, Mr. Whitley...~"

She had been kind during their first night together--letting the man have his way with her on his own terms. Now though, she wanted nothing more than to hear him beg for her~
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:18 am

Abraham's heart began to race and his breath quickened as Shylo suddenly had him sitting in a chair with her face full of him. He muttered a 'what are you doing' before tightening his jaw. He inhaled loudly, closing his eyes and furrowing his brow. He had never felt such a sensation before, but he was thoroughly enjoying it. 

Placing his hand gently on Shylo's head, the man let out a low moan. His legs shook and his chest was heavy. The room began to spin and his face grew warm. He could barely think. He shivered with pleasure, the fire crackled and the snow continued to fall. 

"That's enough. Thats.. ah.. thats enough." He said, pulling the woman up and wrapping his arms around her before placing his mouth to hers again. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her over to the bed, burying the two of them in the mountain of quilts and comforters that once laid neatly on the bed. 

They wrestled around for a moment, nothing but skin on skin, his face to hers, before Abraham closed the gap between them again. Groaning as he did so, and pressing a kiss on the woman's forehead. His breathing quickened once more and his body grew warm again, a feeling that was rather comforting.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:48 am

A swell of pride tickled Shylo's ego as she watched the man squirm under her, doubling her efforts to pleasure him. She gave in easily as he pulled her away, having had her fun. 

She sighed, the sound content as she was embraced, and she kissed him back fervently, wrapping her arms and legs around the man as she was carried toward the bed. Her heart rate accelerated, eyes alight with excitement, as she guessed what was to come next. 

She giggled as they wrestled for a moment, caressing and kissing each other under the warm sheets. All the while, she kept close to her lover, never letting more than a few inches separate them. Eventually, she managed to position herself atop the man, straddling him as she laid on his chest. 

She gasped as he entered her, shuttering at the feel, the cool of his lips on her forehead only adding to the sensation. She panted a few words of broken french, her mind hazy as she started in on a steady rhythm. She leaned down to kiss at the man's neck, panting and moaning against his skin as she began to quicken her pace. Her hands reached for his, intertwining their fingers and squeezing gently. She felt herself building again, electric pleasure mounting underneath her skin. 

"Abraham...~" She breathed his name, her back arching and legs shaking as she was overcome once again by a mind-shattering explosion of pleasure. "A-augh~!"
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:07 pm

The man pushed forward, his body trembling as he continued on, Shylo on top of him. He breathed heavily and squeezed her hands in his, before bringing her close and groaning as his entire body was enveloped in heat.

He exhaled deeply, before moving his body away from Shylo's for a moment to catch his breath before grabbing her again in his arms and closing his eyes for a rest. 

-----

((A few weeks later, it is close to Christmas Day now, say three days off...))

Abraham sat at the table, watching the small fire go in the stove as he drank his early morning coffee. He took another sip before standing and retrieving his coat. The snow had finally stopped for the time being and Abe wanted to take the time to check on the horse and chop some more wood. He made his way outside, the brisk winter air like a slap in the face, and walked over to the small barn where Shylo's horse was safely tucked within some hay. 

He moved as Abraham approached, the vampire placing a hand on the horse. He brought another bushel of hay and water for the horse before heading to chop wood. As he did so, the vampire could not help but feel off, his senses had been bothering him for a while and he felt as if he were being watched. His eyes scanned the still winter scene before him, there was nothing there. Perhaps he was just doing this to himself.

After he had gotten enough wood, he hauled it back inside and sat back down with another cup of coffee, contemplating things.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:18 am

Crystalline eyes peaked over the spine of a book as Abraham left the cabin, the woman's blue iris' tracking the man until she was sure he was out of sight. Perfect~

Closing her book, the woman stood from her spot on the edge of the bed and walked toward a small closet on the opposite corner of the small house. Glancing cheekily over her shoulder, she opened the door and began to rummage through the space, gathering various items. Over the last few weeks, the girl had made her way into town when the weather would let up, and had spent some of her savings on an assortment of ingredients and a small recipe book. She'd since stashed her small treasures away in the broom closet, doubting Abe would look for such things there.

Making sure the man was still busy outside, Shylo spread her things out over the table and opened the small book, flipping through its pages until she found the recipe she had marked. It was a simple recipe, just a homemade daily-bread. She looked over the recipe, then back to her ingredients, nodding to herself. Alright... didn't look too hard--she could do it.... right?

Placing the opened book on the table, she went about gathering bowls and things to measure and level with, again looking over the items and nodding before starting in.

It was nearly Christmas time, Shylo guessed only a few days away now. She hadn't celebrated the holiday in years, never having much reason or time to. She hadn't been with her family in years, and god knows the Elite's didn't practice such things. But... this year, she felt, was a good time to start up again. Even if it was just the two of them... a little cheer in their lives would do them some good. 

She'd recalled the story Abe had told her, of when his mother had baked him bread when he was younger. It revealed a softer side of the man... a happier side. Shylo wished to recreate some of that happiness, if she could. So she'd make him bread. Or, well... try. Truth be told, she hadn't cooked or baked a day in her life. There'd always been someone to do it for her, or she'd always had money to buy some. But she had a recipe! The lady had assured her, if she just followed the recipe, she'd have no trouble. 

But she found herself frowning at the book, hands and face covered in flour and an odd mass of discolored and entirely too lumpy dough sticking to the edges of her mixing bowl. This didn't look quite right... but she couldn't for the life of her figure out why. And when was she suppose to mix the egg in...? And what was "kneading"? 

She sighed, pouting at the concoction, when she heard Abe reenter the cabin and move to get more coffee. Her heart skipped, and she went back to mixing, attempting to hide whatever confusion she had, while also attempting to fix whatever mistake she had made. If Abe knew she hadn't a clue how to bake something as simple as bread, she doubt she'd hear the end of it.

"Back so soon?" She asked, trying to be nonchalant. A sad attempt to say the least...
Kyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adornoea on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:20 am

The vampire looked up from his cup as Shylo spoke to him, he raised his eyebrows, suddenly aware of what she was doing.

He chuckled softly,"You do realize vampires don't eat regular food, right?" He took another sip of coffee, one of the only things vampires could still taste. 

He stood then, glancing over at the book she had opened on the table. He muttered to himself before taking the bowl from Shylo and adding things too it.

"Its too sticky, it needs... flour... and you need to knead it too, that's how it gets its shape."

Abraham stood behind the woman then, taking her hands in his and leading her to the dough.

"See.. like this." He muttered, stoic again.

He went on to say something about how his mother taught him once, and it was always really fun. He stopped talking and stepped around Shylo, taking the bread and placing it on a wooden plank before setting it in the oven.

He went back to the counter Shylo had been working on and shook his head, "What will I do with you?" he muttered, trying to clean up.
adornoea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top